• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Computer Science professor had informed the class that on the day taking the 2nd exam, to not sign in on the attendance sheet to which therefore the people that weren't in class at that time signed the attendance and lost points for doing so. Mind you the class syllabus mentioned students being allowed 2 - 3 absences and the professor had no office hours.

this entrapment shit is real yo. I'm not making this up.
however most of my professors were awesome and helpful.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I don't know if bad is the word, but extremely bizarre: in my film school we had to have an internship for credits, so I asked one of my professors if he knew anybody in the industry who was hiring interns, and he said "well, right now companies are looking to hire for diversity, so you're not gonna have much luck as a white guy."

This is underscored by the fact that said professor was also a white guy.

An actually bad experience would be a history class I took an undergrad where the teacher would ramble on about random political stuff unrelated to the history topic, then go on tangents about how kids today don't understand, how he cremated his sun and threw his ashes to the sea, and he kicked out at least one student who politely disagreed with him. Didn't take long to drop that course.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The first time I went to college, I had two professors who embarrassed me in front of the class. In one case it was because I didn't answer a question on a quiz and wrote "I don't know" on the blank, which is admittedly a little silly maybe not worth calling the entire class's attention to. In the other case, it was because of an honest mistake: I printed out an essay I wrote, but there was a printer error and all the pages after the first sheet were a glitchy mess. Yes, I should have checked, but still. The instructor berated me for "only writing two pages," even though it was fairly clear that something had gone wrong with the printer. I distinctly remember how flush my face felt; my cheeks were burning as she made me an example of laziness. I was so embarrassed. I was trying so hard and I was so confused, because that was the first I was hearing that I had only turned in two pages. I withdrew from the class before the next session. She's the only instructor from the first time I went to college whose name I still remember.

Somehow, I lost my motivation to keep attending.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I had a physics professor who must have had some personal tragedy because he left class upset one day and then had a substitute take his place for a short while which was just a few weeks before finals. As a result, the material wasn't well taught and we weren't prepared well for the final. The experience for the midterm with being taught and learning the material as well as being prepared for the test was great so it was like a complete opposite experience for the final.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I needed a foreign language credit for my major, 4 semesters, and I stupidly chose japanese. After the first semester, which was very difficult, I decided to take the rest at Austin Community College, which was dramatically easier. The professor there was super laid back, and told us she didn't care to teach out of the book. Instead, she taught her own free wheeling style, where all she cared about was that you picked up what she was teaching you. We went very slowly, and I learned a lot. When I was taking japanese 3 at ACC, we were still going over things I had technically learned in Japanese 1, but we were going much more in depth, it was great. Well, she retired after Japanese 3, and thus I had to take Japanese 4 at UT. I tried to explain to my professor my situation, that I was technically very far behind the rest of the class, but by this point I was a senior getting ready to graduate and couldn't afford to stretch things out. She said she didn't care. I had to eventually drop the class. Eventually wound up taking Japanese 4 at Houston Community College over a summer, where I still struggled, but the professor there was sympathetic and graded me on a curve. Dropping the class at UT wound up wasting me like $2k.

I swear to God, my biology 101 teacher had a Vendetta against me. She would find any reason to kick me out of the class.

Once she kicked me out for answering a call from my mother while I was outside the classroom. (phones are allowed. We can use them outside the classroom). And i took calls in the middle of other classes, my other teachers were understanding and cool, from my mother as I'm the only son left, but I would ask the teacher first and leave the class to do it. When I did it with her (informing her I am taking a call, excuse myself from class and answer the call outside) I stepped back in, she asked me to take my things and leave.

When I asked for her office hours, she literally looked at me like I'm asking for her daughter's hand in marriage.

She again kicked me out for turning my head to pass a sheet she asked me to pass to the student behind me.

I was again kicked out for sitting cross legged. Like. Knee on knee.

Got kicked out once for picking my pen off the floor which a girls purse knocked over when she was getting to the chair behind me.

And then the icing on the cake. Got kicked out for taking notes ... During a lecture ... I even showed her I was drawing the cells she drew on the board. Apparently my drawing was disturbing the class?!

That crazy woman drove me to insanity in that semester. I literally took a C- from her and just prayed that she got the mental help she desperately needed.

I even reported her to the biology head of department but of course he took her side. I was convinced that department was absolutely ape shit. Even the head of department called me in the wrong ...

In the end I was grateful I wasn't in that department and I just needed that one course to get my degree. I would have killed myself by the second bio course.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Calculus professor that would constantly stand in front of what he was writing on the board, and then erase it without me getting a chance to write it down or understand it.

A different calculus professor was horrible at teaching anything, his tests were all hand written by him and copied, so it happened quite often where you could barely read his handwriting.

A physics professor that was also horrible at teaching anything, and his tests were usually only 2-3 questions and he rarely gave partial credit. I made a zero on a couple of tests that I actually took. I asked him for help and he said I should just drop. I took chemistry instead the next semester and that was 1000x easier.

A comp sci professor that was good at teaching, but was awful outside of class, often hitting on women students. He has been reported multiple times but is tenured and it's a wonder he is still there.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I forgot what the class was called, but it was basically a media business class, like how to advertise videos correctly and pitch powerful ideas.

The professor didn't do any grading whatsoever. We would complete assignments, but we wouldn't get any feedback at all, and our grades we never updated on our university portal. The professor would also just talk about random inane stories that had nothing to do with the class at all. He would just ramble on and on about just the weirdest shit. One time, he also started to go on about some really weird and racist ideas that felt VERY out of left field. There were also times where he would simply not even show up to class, and no, he never sent out any notice that he would be absent. Some of the people I talked to in class just stopped doing the work and going to class completely, the professor was obviously not all there in one way or another.

He ended up being replaced at the very end of the class by another professor. The new professor was very vague about what was going on, but I believe it was alzheimer's of somesort. It would be tragic, except for all those weird and racist class ramblings, so now I just sort of shrug my shoulders at the whole thing.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
A different calculus professor was horrible at teaching anything, his tests were all hand written by him and copied, so it happened quite often where you could barely read his handwriting.

my friend had a computer science professor that wrote all his notes in chicken scratch bad cursive and it stressed the international students the fuck out. they took more time in trying to read what he wrote than studying the material

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I had this one computer science professor for multiple courses. He taught anything to do with graphics or user interface stuff. He would not grade any projects or homework until the last week of the course. You went the whole semester without knowing how you are doing in the class. Thankfully he was so lazy that you were just given an A if you tried at all. He was such a shit teacher that everyone failed the midterm. He spent an entire class going over the answers and then had us all retake the midterm. It was the only time any of us learned anything.

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
My CS professor lost my exam and averaged my grade based of 3 exams rather than 4, and I'm pretty sure this affected my grade.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Head of computer science department didn't announce or email about assignments and then told us they were due that day.

Systems design teacher kept saying the term "express withdrawal" to describe a process of an ATM, in England that's not an option on an ATM so I asked him what he meant by that and he blank stared at me and said "express withdrawal". Not really sure how getting money out was any faster or slower at that point still.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I had a CS professor tell everyone most of us would fail, day one. He got fired halfway through the class. I mean what teacher is like "I am such a bad teacher I will fail you all"?

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Back in 2005 during my first semester as a freshman in community college, I was studying in the library and doing homework assignments.

Well this man came in and assaulted me, literally grabbed me by the arm and was dragging me out of the library and pulling me saying "I'm going to get your ass kicked out of this college!" And I was saying "Excuse me, who are you?!?! You have no right to assault me!" Man responded with "None of your fuckin business, I'm gonna get your ass kicked out!"

He brought me to the campus security office, went in, talked to someone and left saying to me "Your ass is getting expelled from here!"

A campus security person came out and introduced himself to me, he asked me if I knew the man who brought me to the campus security office and I said no, found out he was a professor of an Accounting 101 class, I was not taking any accounting classes so I had no clue who this man was. The campus security person said the professor claims I was sending "pop-up messages" to the class computers and asked me "Do you know a Novell password?" And I said "Huh? No." And I told the campus security person that I'm a freshman and in my first semester so I wouldn't know anything like a Novell password or know how to even send "pop-up messages" to computers on the college campus. He then told me that if I didn't get any communications from the college in the next few days, to not worry. I went home, told my dad who also called up and talked to this campus security person who also told my dad the same thing.

Well almost two months later, this alleged incident occurred on September 24, 2005, in November, I got a letter dated November 17th from the college stating that I was "transmitting multiple "pop-up" messages from another campus location to the computers where the class was in session."

My dad immediately contacted the college and requested case file for this allegation. It arrived and I looked at it, at the time all the computers at this college was running Windows XP, Windows XP had a feature called Windows Messenger service which originally was used by network administrators to alert users of networked computers.

Well, it was eventually misused by people on the internet and pop-up spam was sent using this service, Microsoft knew so they released a Windows XP update to remove this service and this update was available in 2005 but the college IT didn't install this XP update yet so spam through this service was coming up on the college computers.

When I looked at the case file and looked at the screenshots of the alleged "pop-up messages" that I was apparently sending, they were being sent via the Windows Messenger service and I explained that to my dad and explained about the XP update, he called the college up and explained it.

College didn't care and in December of 2005, I was expelled from the college unfairly, student loan went down the crapper as a result.

Here's a Wikipedia article about this former service:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man there were plenty. Worst for me was this one young professor who mostly brags about the time he study overseas, met his wife who look like a supermodel and even showed us her picture during class.

Come exam, most of our class got C and below and all of a sudden he got all pissy and blame us for not studying. He was gone next semester citing "further studies". Yeah right.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in 2005 during my first semester as a freshman in community college, I was studying in the library and doing homework assignments.

Well this man came in and assaulted me, literally grabbed me by the arm and was dragging me out of the library and pulling me saying "I'm going to get your ass kicked out of this college!" And I was saying "Excuse me, who are you?!?! You have no right to assault me!" Man responded with "None of your fuckin business, I'm gonna get your ass kicked out!"

He brought me to the campus security office, went in, talked to someone and left saying to me "Your ass is getting expelled from here!"

A campus security person came out and introduced himself to me, he asked me if I knew the man who brought me to the campus security office and I said no, found out he was a professor of an Accounting 101 class, I was not taking any accounting classes so I had no clue who this man was. The campus security person said the professor claims I was sending "pop-up messages" to the class computers and asked me "Do you know a Novell password?" And I said "Huh? No." And I told the campus security person that I'm a freshman and in my first semester so I wouldn't know anything like a Novell password or know how to even send "pop-up messages" to computers on the college campus. He then told me that if I didn't get any communications from the college in the next few days, to not worry. I went home, told my dad who also called up and talked to this campus security person who also told my dad the same thing.

Well almost two months later, this alleged incident occurred on September 24, 2005, in November, I got a letter dated November 17th from the college stating that I was "transmitting multiple "pop-up" messages from another campus location to the computers where the class was in session."

My dad immediately contacted the college and requested case file for this allegation. It arrived and I looked at it, at the time all the computers at this college was running Windows XP, Windows XP had a feature called Windows Messenger service which originally was used by network administrators to alert users of networked computers.

Well, it was eventually misused by people on the internet and pop-up spam was sent using this service, Microsoft knew so they released a Windows XP update to remove this service and this update was available in 2005 but the college IT didn't install this XP update yet so spam through this service was coming up on the college computers.

When I looked at the case file and looked at the screenshots of the alleged "pop-up messages" that I was apparently sending, they were being sent via the Windows Messenger service and I explained that to my dad and explained about the XP update, he called the college up and explained it.

College didn't care and in December of 2005, I was expelled from the college unfairly, student loan went down the crapper as a result.

what the fuck. Did you talk to a lawyer about this??

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had this professor back when I attended the University of Miami who had an internet tab open that read "busty college girl fu....." up on the screen all class long, you wouldn't believe it!

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I had an econ professor who made attendance "mandatory" by randomly calling on people (like, using a random number generator) to ask them to provide an answer or show work for certain questions from the homework. If you were called on and had an unexcused absence or hadn't completed the homework, he dropped you a full letter grade. (This was despite homework already needing to be submitted, so if you missed an assignment and then were also called upon, you were penalized twice because you already received a zero for the assignment. Also if you were absent and WEREN'T randomly called upon, there were no consequences). At the end of the semester, we had an extra class session left over that was after the final exam had been taken and all assignments had been turned in. He said, in class, that attendance wouldn't be mandatory for that session because everything was essentially complete but that he would still go over the exam and final homework assignment. I decided not to go and then find out later that, after a whole semester of not getting called upon, the RNG brought my name up twice that day and he therefore decided to lower me two letter grades from a B to a D because I wasn't present to give him the answer to a question on a homework assignment I had already turned in, during a class session he said wasn't mandatory. I emailed him about how ridiculous it was and he had the good grace to bump me up to a C. At that point I didn't have the energy to fight it any further cause I hated his guts and didn't want to deal with him anymore and he was well-connected and high-up in the university.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disprove your claim? How did the college prove theirs? Why did the professor target you out of all people?

College simply used their screenshots as proof that I was the one sending those spam messages. They were threatening to have the police involved and arrest and charge me with hacking. The way police got avoided was my dad made a deal that I would drop all classes and accept expulsion, if I refused, police would get involved and college would charge me for hacking.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My statistics professor was legitimately an awful person. For whatever reason at our school, a D was considered a passing grade and something like 1/3 of the class was getting D's. We would constantly be getting into arguments with him. Including one time where a student used the classic line "I don't know if you know who my dad is, but he donates a lot of money to the school". The professor straight up just laughed at him. I couldn't even blame the student - stats 2 was a mandatory class for Econ/finance majors and he was one of two professors in the business department that taught it ever - we weren't allowed to take statistics for engineering, or computer science, or whatever. Anyway during finals he said something like "please pray to your favorite god to pass". he just did not care about us. I had never been more insulted by a teacher. Like he knew he was awful. I was more upset that almost everyone in the class had made complaints about him and the school did nothing about it.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
A pretty weird woman who taught ethics in media. She'd spend half the lesson discussing what happened on a soap opera the previous night with two girls from my class. And cheering them on when they'd dance on the table.

One day she was lecturing for about 300 people when smoke came from under the door of the auditorium. She sent out one person to see what it. When he returned with the message that there was a lot of smoke coming up some stair a bit down the hallway her best solution was to continue on, but to make sure we keep the door closed...yeah.

Luckily it was just a fire drill and someone dropped a smokebomb as part of it. But wow.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Before winter quarter started I told one of my professors that I wouldn't be attending the last week of January as I was going to get some wisdom teeth removed and my dentist recommended to take a week off and would provide a note. This was 3-4 weeks advance
Her response was something along the lines of "Hi, this is more than the allowed number of absences I allow in class. I will see you in class those dates, can't wait to meet you!"
I emailed her back telling her my health was more important than being in her class and changed teachers who were okay with it.
Luckily that was the worst, at least so far.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Before winter quarter started I told one of my professors that I wouldn't be attending the last week of January as I was going to get some wisdom teeth removed and my dentist recommended to take a week off and would provide a note. This was 3-4 weeks advance
Her response was something along the lines of "Hi, this is more than the allowed number of absences I allow in class. I will see you in class those dates, can't wait to meet you!"
I emailed her back telling her my health was more important than being in her class and changed teachers who were okay with it.
Luckily that was the worst, at least so far.

So how many times do you have to go to a single class a week? She couldn't let you off for just a single, academic week? Lol

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
So how many times do you have to go to a single class a week? She couldn't let you off for just a single, academic week? Lol
I believe we met 3 times a week. It made no sense to made to since we do homework online but whatever.
I later found out from one of my classmates in another class that the teacher scolded her for making "excuses" when my classmate told her she couldn't turn in her assignment because she had to drive her kid to the hospital.
This was for an English 101 class at a community college specifically made for students who were older.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I had cool lecturers, except for one dude. He was the most boring person I have ever listened to my entire life, it was actually painful. It was a pretty easy class to pass, but he was so boring people quit.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

I really don't get how people weren't civil enough to figure the situation out like adults. Some people are so vindictive

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Governmental Accounting when I was going for my mba. It was an online course, one of the few that were available at Rutgers at the time (most of the courses were in-person).

The book was near incomprehensible. Seriously, this had to be the most poorly written textbook I've ever had the displeasure of owning. To make it worse, the professor NEVER gave an online lecture. Not one. And when you emailed him with a question about the assignments, he'd take a good 6-7 days to get back to you, including when it was close to exam time. That was the hardest course I've ever taken, and it was mostly due to a nonresponsive professor.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get into the school I wanted to attend so for my freshman year I had to attend a sister school and hit a certain GPA and I'd be automatically accepted into the main school next year. I'm on track to make it and I get my report card for the final semester and my GPA has suddenly tanked. Turns out I got an F in history, a class that I'd been acing all year. I look at my history report and I have a big fat 0 for the final, which is like 50% of the grade. I email my professor and ask why I have a zero on my final and the motherfucker responds with "it appears you did not take the final". I obviously did take the final, which means either he or his TA lost the thing.

After trying to explain to him that I did take the final he eventually just ghosted me and I think left for vacation. I had to run around for an entire week basically going up the chain of the entire university to get someone from on high to tell him to get his ass back here and let me retake that test. Most stressed I've ever been in my life.

Eventually I retook it, aced it, and got into the other school in the end.

Oct 27, 2017
College simply used their screenshots as proof that I was the one sending those spam messages. They were threatening to have the police involved and arrest and charge me with hacking. The way police got avoided was my dad made a deal that I would drop all classes and accept expulsion, if I refused, police would get involved and college would charge me for hacking.

Dude they were bullshitting. It's obvious to everyone that there was no proof and if police came in and saw what happened, they would have said there's no evidence.

Just to clarify, the only thing connecting you was that you used the same Windows IM program as the faculty? Which presumably millions of people around the world used?

I think they knew the professor did something that could result in a harassment lawsuit and so they tried to intimidate you into accepting some bs punishment. Don't ever let someone take advantage of you like that.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude they were bullshitting. It's obvious to everyone that there was no proof and if police came in and saw what happened, they would have said there's no evidence.

Just to clarify, the only thing connecting you was that you used the same Windows IM program as the faculty? Which presumably millions of people around the world used?

I think they knew the professor did something that could result in a harassment lawsuit and so they tried to intimidate you into accepting some bs punishment. Don't ever let someone take advantage of you like that.

No, this Windows XP service was used by online spammers:

The Messenger Service was originally designed for use by system administrators to notify Windows users about their networks.[1] It has been used maliciously to present pop-up advertisements to users over the Internet (by using mass-messaging systems which sent a desired message to a specified range of IP addresses). Even though Windows XP includes a firewall, it is not enabled by default. Because of this, many users received such messages. As a result of this abuse, the Messenger Service has been disabled by default in Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Here's an example of the spam this service produced:

Netspam.gif

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
That' one easy one for me...
A statistics course, since the professor hated me.
She was not a great teacher, and she left many in our class confused.
A lot of my friends could not follow, so we gathered and i would re-explain everything after class. I already had education in the subjects so i could find my bearings where others would remain lost.
At the graduation exam, i got a very bad mark, one so low that It meant insta-fail and i could not graduate... I was distressed since i thought i aced it.
It took a month of back and forth with people, they wouldn't hear me out, and I finally appealed to the director. He was a professor of statistics and he reviewed himself my test... i did ace it. The mark was unjustified.

This meant, since i did not get my graduation registered at the same time as others, that i could not get my honors. I had the grades though, so it did not give me too much trouble for job hunting.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I studied in a program in a small University so we only had 2 professors and one of them was really crooked. She always looked down on students supervised by another professor and promotes hers as superior. She also used university funding to create projects for graduate students whose results would benefit her own business outside the university.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
I had a new English 102 professor my freshman year who gave everyone F's and D's on every paper, people would arrive 10 seconds late and she would not accept papers, that kind of thing. Everyone complained to the Dean, we all got C's I think and she wasn't there next semester

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
In a college algebra course that I was struggling in, the professor and the students came to an agreement that calculators would be allowed during the final exam.(calculators were allowed in previous exams.) So of course I studied with the assumption that calculators would be allowed...because the professor said it would be. Soo the day of the exam arrives, and the first thing out his mouth was " No calculators allowed. I've designed this test so that you don't need to use one." I just felt so defeated. I spent hours each day to pass it and...he fucking does the class like Lisa does to Charlie Brown with the football. I'm not good math, and I have problems focusing and retaining information. I study and and use tutoring, but to no avail. When he said that, it completely pysched me out of the test, and of course, the problems were fucking hard as shit and ABSOLUTELY needed a calculator.Needless to say I failed the final and the course. That's the kind of bullshit that makes you want to cheat.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Creative writing adjunct (refuse to call her a professor) called my dad a psychopath and accused him of lying about being kidnapped. She ultimately landed on the stance that if a communist guerrilla group did it, he and the family deserved it.

After she found out about this, she would penalize me for not writing about my family. I ended up going to the head of the department. The teacher pretended it was all a miscommunication, but at least I was allowed to turn in fiction pieces for the rest of the class.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
My Biology professor was walking around the class and handing out note sheets which were important for studying for the exam. He went to every row of seats and handed each student the notes but for some reason when he came to my row, despite looking right at me, he skipped me and went to the next row like I didn't exist. That really got on my nerves.

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Not a professor but a TA. I was accused of plagiarism for providing my own translation of Italian texts in a history paper about Renaissance Florence. I cited the translations as my own in the paper. I had barely any interaction with the TA other than a meeting asking for where I got the translations, got the notification I was going on trial, so I showed up and started reading from the books I translated and showed the professor I was enrolled in Italian language classes with good marks. The TA had to write a formal apology and I got to skate through the rest of the class because the professor was embarrassed in front of the other faculty for agreeing to escalate the situation without meeting with me first.

Oct 27, 2017
Biochem professor at UC Santa Cruz was teaching his last term before retirement after losing out on a Nobel prize for his RNA research. One of the prize winners actually said that he should have gotten it. So you can imagine this Type A dude was pissed and had no fucks left to give.

What proceeded was a term with 2/3 of the class failing as his tests were designed to check if you can remember obscure facts rather than your understanding to the mechanisms. And he would put five to ten word limits on your answer so you'd have to count out whether it's more efficient. Class average was like 43% and I don't think there was a curve, I got like 70% and got a C.

This was back in Fall of 2011. If you are at UCSC, ask any biology grad student or professor about Harry Noller and they'll tell you some stories.

Creative writing adjunct (refuse to call her a professor) called my dad a psychopath and accused him of lying about being kidnapped. She ultimately landed on the stance that if a communist guerrilla group did it, he and the family deserved it.

After she found out about this, she would penalize me for not writing about my family. I ended up going to the head of the department. The teacher pretended it was all a miscommunication, but at least I was allowed to turn in fiction pieces for the rest of the class.

Yeah I don't think anyone can compete with that. You win this thread. Was your teacher telling your dad this stuff? They seriously sound crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
No, this Windows XP service was used by online spammers:

Here's an example of the spam this service produced:

Netspam.gif

Okay so there was no possible link to even suggest you could have done it? The professor just decided to pick you to accuse?

I don't know what you look like but to me, it sounds like there was some profiling going on or the professor was responsible for the spam messages and just picked a random person as a patsy.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
We couldn't understand shit on our Accouting class.
So 1 classmate offered that we go to her house and let her father teach us. We learned more in a span of 1 day compared to 2-4 months of class.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so there was no possible link to even suggest you could have done it? The professor just decided to pick you to accuse?

I don't know what you look like but to me, it sounds like there was some profiling going on or the professor was responsible for the spam messages and just picked a random person as a patsy.

I have no clue who this professor was, as I said, this professor was an accounting 101 professor, I was not in any accounting classes so I had no clue who the college's accounting professors were. My avatar is my picture of myself, taken at a gaming convention.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
My Human Bio professor in my freshman year fucking lost my midterm. Just lost it. He didn't let me retake it or anything. Got a C in the class because of it.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I was taking a college kinesiology program and the faculty were seriously strict on plagiarism. Like a ton of students are caught for it, and I was included in that.

The first time it was for a training plan which was a group project. It was a great group, myself and 3 women who were all academically good students and weren't into funny business. We do the assignment and double check for citations etc. I take responsibility for this lapse because we used a progression chart to formulate our plan and one of my partners asked if maybe we should cite the chart we made. I said nah I don't think it's necessary because we made this chart even though we referred to an example we have put together the information at hand to create an original chart for our purposes. So my bad I'll take that one maybe we should have put a cite in there.

I get caught again on a presentation assignment. I am incredulous because I was super vigilant about making sure I had all the citations in there. I talk with the prof like wtf is going on. She shows me a single slide. It has two quotes in it, and I have a reference at the bottom of the page which concerns both quotations, and I explain this to her. She says cool cool but to me it was ambiguous so I put you in for plagiarism. Like what? I just told you therefore it's not ambiguous, you can even follow the citation and see that both quotes are from it! She's like yea well you're going to have to put in a complaint and fight the ruling. ????? like ???? So I failed that assignment which brought my mark down from like high 80s I think, to like a 64 or something. It was the last semester so I just said fuck it I'm done, I'm out of here.

It was needlessly stressful. The faculty was nice but their inability to flex was so frustrating.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
> Student kills himself
> "He's not going to heaven that's for sure"

Other than that, I've been lucky with professors in general.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Had an inexperienced adjunct professor called in the week before semester started. She proceeded to contradict herself constantly. Said she always gave feedback and literally only ended up giving grades. Constantly criticized most of the students while not grading anything. Had favorites which she graded better based on their political opinions. Had mental breakdowns during class. Would completely change an assignment a few days before it was due, requiring everyone who didn't procrastinate to re-do half their work.

Worst professor / teacher I ever had. And some of my teachers turned out to be pedophiles.