• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I just saw this clip on a CNN Weird Stories This Year montage, and I'm like, "Wait, I remember that. That was 2020?!?!"

Of course it was right at the beginning of the year, but still, everything from January 2020 feels like it was July 2019.

I know things like impeachment, the end of the Dem primaries, and Kobe's death are things I've heard time and again that feel like 2019 stories, but what are some other, not as big stories that you just realized happened in 2020 but seem like they happened long ago?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter has been reminding me that "Large Boulder the size of a Small Boulder" was this year

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Australian wildfires where still going till May of this year.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Trump bombed an Iranian general and almost started a brand new war in the middle east? That was like the first week of January.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.

Trump was impeached. Everything pre-March feels like a lifetime ago.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
remember when australia was on fire in january?

fireground_annemclean_2020.jpg

Also George Floyd was murdered in May. And then the BLM protests happened for several months.

200602155853-dereck-chauvin-arrodillado-exlarge-169.jpg

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Yeah the Australia bushfires is one for sure. I was re-watching the Nick Knack videos and hit the Zoo Family one that started with a request to donate to the wildfires and completely forgot that was the very first sign this year was going to suck.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Remember Tiger King?
Yeah, this year felt like 4 years wrapped into one.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Community dropping on Netflix

The NBA dude who touched the mics and got Corona

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
And I think that got extra coverage because more people were home to watch it.
Yeah, and I think it was very early so everybody was feeling like we had to stick closer to each other and for example actually follow friend's recommendations, before we eventually went back to business as usual. Still, it was everywhere and it vanished into thin air as quickly as it appeared.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Well in that case....I'm super confused. That's the clip CNN showed??

One of them, yeah. The story was about oddball or funny things that happened in 2020. So not COVID, impeachment, election, etc.

Guess I should have pointed out that this wasn't part of a 2020 year in review of the biggest 2020 stories. =P

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The Hong Kong protests are still going I think?

Then there were those wildfire pictures of the US with the sky entirely red.

The US abruptly pulling troops out of an allied area, leaving their allies to die.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Jurassic World Live at the beginning of March and I remember questioning if it was a good idea to go (was my youngest's bday gift). We went and then not long after, the country shut down. Feels like so long ago and he barely even remembers (he's 5, now going on 6 in late Feb.)

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Australia burning down, the first news of the new virus emerging in China, first lockdown, BLM and all the protests. I can barely believe that the Trump vs Biden vote was this year lol.

Can't wait for 2020 to end.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
There was that massive explosion in Lebanon that killed over 200 people. I think it was sometime in the summer?

There was also an ebola outbreak this year.

In local Canadian news, we had a mass killing in Nova Scotia this year in April. Dude was a dentist and went to houses and shot people who answered.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
uploads1585185146359-joe-exotic-in-the-clouds.gif

don't ask how I forgot it was this year that the world got a full picture of the Tiger King, but it all seems so long ago.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752

Shot down January 8 by Iranian IRGC, all 176 passengers and crew killed.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I'm the odd one but Kobe, Tiger King, The Hornets, BLM doesn't seem that long ago.