• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Just the usual. Work today, then spend time with the family. Exchange gifts tomorrow.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Wife is working till 6 today, I'll be cleaning and maybe get some Halo in and we'll watch Elf. Tomorrow her moms house for gifts and dinner. The usual.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing I plan to do every Christmas night, OP - try to take over the world!

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Spending the 24th and 25th at my GFs parents house for the family christmas this year. On the 26th we celebrate just the two of us.

I wish everyone here happy holidays! :)

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
The same thing I plan to do every Christmas night, OP - try to take over the world!

pinky-and-the-brain-pinky-are-you-pondering-what-im-pondering.gif

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Staying at home, mother in law is here for a few nights (my worst fucking nightmare) and then my side of family up for the day on Boxing Day.

Im currently trying to avoid the mother in law as much as possible otherwise I'll lose it.

She has a dog running about the place which she can't control, most of her family are anti vaxers (only reason she had jab was so that she could see our kids). Etc. You know the deal.

Must keep calm.

My true Christmas only begins after everyone fucks off and I can spend some quality time with the kids and wife without all the bullshit (hopefully Monday).

Merry Christmas!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Lots of drinking, eating, some pot, family, games, and movies. That is today though. Honestly for xmas people come over for breakfast and open gifts and then usually everybody is gone around noon.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dinner on 24th with my parents, dinner on 25th with the in-laws, and then birthday part at night on the 25th.

26th and 27th i'm watching the juniors world cup of hockey.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My side of the family is coming over on xmas eve for lasagna, games, and gift exchange. My wife got me an arcade cabinet for Xmas and we're planning on having a few tournaments on classic games (Ms Pacman, Burgertime, Tetris, Frogger) the winner will get a mini arcade. My family is pretty competitive so this should be a blast. We also do a white elephant gift exchange game every year and this year I have some edibles and a dildo as a few of the gifts. It should be hilarious.

On Xmas, my wife's side of the family will be over for prime rib & crab legs, more games, and their gift exchange. Her family is a lot smaller and more
subdued compared to mine, but I'm sure lots of 4 player Fortnite & Call of Duty will be played while the adults sit around and talk with a few xmas movies playing in the background. We try to do a walk by the lake every year if the weather is good and it looks like we'll be able to do that.

Xmas morning I am making french toast for brunch after gift opening. I'm always pretty excited to see my kids open their gifts. I think I got some nice surprises for my wife that she will enjoy too.

Other than that, lots of video games, other hobbies, and food mixed throughout. I'll also try to stay up and sleep in late (for me) which is pretty rare.

Happy Holidays, Era

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
My mum, my brother and his girlfriend are over to ours this evening. My mum is back along with my girlfriend's parents on Christmas Day. Then to my GF's brother's to see them and the niece and nephew on Boxing Day.

Not much different to normal really.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
On Christmas day?

Eat, relax, spend time with the family, watch a movie and play video games.

It'll just be us in the household - no outside people, no extended family, etc.

Home cooked meals (Indian food during Christmas is what we do every year).

As always.

Edit: New Years, we might go out and buy some BBQ.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
As long as my LFT is negative Xmas morning I'll be going to my in-laws for Christmas Day to eat and get wasted, then get a cab back home for the evening to keep drinking/eating and watch movies probably.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The most exciting thing about my Christmas is that we're having lobster and homemade Mac and cheese for dinner. Otherwise, it'll just be me playing video games and watching football while my son plays with his new toys and my wife reads her new books.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Log4j led to me working 80 hour weeks the past two weeks, so I am beat. Not even in the X-Mas spirit, but trying to get there today.

Today we'll be going to my parents, and our extended family will be over.
Tomorrow we just spend the day at home, me wife, and kid, stay in PJ's. Planning on smoking pork for dinner.
Sunday we have my wife's family over.

Then back to Log4j on Monday for another 80 hour week.

Oct 27, 2017
Covid exposures wrecked some plans for the latter half of the month, so adjustments have been made. Helping my mom with tech stuff (phone, computer, etc.) Xmas will be chill with "gatherings" (if you can even call them that) in the low-to-mid single digits. Won't have to cook at all until Sunday but will want to cook when I get there.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
My son, my wife and me are staying put. We are a close family of three and we always celebrate like this. We cook together, watch movies and go for walks and I wouldn't change for anything. Her parents are "religious" conservatives and most definitely staying put. My mom is cool AF, but we prefer to be together and enjoy a stress free holiday vacation.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
going to see my elderly mom and dad now, mom is double vaxxed, dad and i are triple vaxxed (luckily), hoping it will be pretty safe (even though i am expoded to Covid at work..).

gonna come back home on sunday and play some videogames (Metro Exodus was 7 euros on PSN yay) and eat my mom's delicious xmas cookies :)

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Going to Ensenada to see family for the first time in almost 2 years. Then come back home to spend Christmas day with my wife and kid and more fam to open presents. Can't wait.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I live alone. Was going to go over to my parent's house with a small group (parents, sister, her husband, grandparents), but I've had a sore throat all week and now have a cough.

I'm triple-vaxxed, but no way I'm hanging out with my clinically-vulnerable family. It's another sad solo Christmas for me. I'll probably just drink, play Fortnite, and finally watch the new Auralnauts Star Wars episode.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Flying to Geneva today to see my boyfriend's dad and his side of the family in Chamonix. Nice remote area in the snowy mountains

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
We wake up with the kids in the morning and open presents. The in-laws come over in the morning and we have sort of a Christmas dinner for lunch with them and open gifts. In the later afternoon we go to my mom's house with the kids and open gifts and have Christmas dinner with her. Afterwards we typically end the night driving around looking at Christmas lights and maybe watch a Christmas movie.

Christmas is a difficult time of year for me. Mainly because I don't really have any family on my side left to celebrate it with aside from my mother.

My wife and kids are fun to celebrate with but my wife's side of the family are really difficult to deal with and they practically ignore me and make me feel like I don't belong. Getting to sit and watch them all open gifts when none of them get anything for me is always a joy. They really ruin the holidays for me because it feels like I spend a large chunk of it around people who simply don't care about me and it's depressing.

Still, there are people in much worse positions than I so I can't complain too much.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just literally tested positive for Covid, probably the Onomnom variant, so I'm isolating lol

At least now I have a good reason not to do anything.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Leaving today to drive to my parents place with the girlfriend. We'll be down there until the 26th. My grandparents and aunt are coming down for a few hours Christmas day

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Already did my parents last weekend.

Today we have her moms side this evening. I won't be there long because it starts basically around the time our youngest needs to go to bed so I'll take her home.

Tomorrow we'll do ours in the morning with the kids and then her parents late morning and back later for dinner.

Were 3x with shots and kids had a COVID test the other day. Both negative. Oldest had a little stomach bug so we wanted to be sure. Everyone were going to interact with at a minimum has two shots.