• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
latest

to

fh60t682po261.jpg

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
batman-jekyll-hyde-chocolate-full.jpg

Man just wanted to have some ice cream, now he's got dirt in it

Thanks, asshole

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
Sure, but half the League wasn't responsible for that, not to mention that his little toy started more than one crisis in his universe.

I can't remember the details, but didn't Maxwell hijack/hack control of Brother Eye away from Batman to carry out that OMAC plan? Which I guess all feeds from the Tower of Babel story when Ra's steals the intel from Bruce on how to defeat the League, information gathered by Batman as a result of his mistrust, a consequence retroactively established as a result of the mistrust caused at a subconscious level by the mind wiping.
God, I do love that after the Denny O'Neil (RIP) editorial days they dragged Batman more and more into the batshit insanity of the rest of the DC universe, I fucking love it.

And the most asshole thing Bruce did that I remember when I was reading the monthlies is when he left Sasha Bordeaux to rot in prison without trying or caring to exonerate her and clean their names after the murder of Vesper Fairchild ( her fate too seemed a little too damn harsh ). The Batfamily were the only ones following up on the investigation which uncovered evidence only they would realize as motives for Bruce to kill Vesper. And because of what I interpreted to be a complete psychological breakdown and a consequent personality dissociation as a means to cope, Batman let it all go unresolved and unpunished for quite some time.

Missing Stephanie, Barbara, Jason, Cassandra of course, Leslie, Harold (another one that was done very fucking dirty) and Ace. I wonder what the continuity/timeline is now.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Batman collects them though.
No he doesn't
He took Dick in as a son first, Dick found it and wanted to be roped in
Batgirl also wanted it and started of solo
Jason he tried putting him in reform school and then wanted to help him with his anger
And Tim forced himself into the role

If anything, Professor X collects them

Oct 27, 2017
No he doesn't
He took Dick in as a son first, Dick found it and wanted to be roped in
Batgirl also wanted it and started of solo
Jason he tried putting him in reform school and then wanted to help him with his anger
And Tim forced himself into the role

If anything, Professor X collects them
That's cheating, if we're having a "who's the bigger asshole" contest it'll always be Charles.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
He never killed The Joker.
main-qimg-dce3adca8e70537db13585f4033b366d.webp

I feel like they've drained this well so much that I REALLY want them to scale back Joker's danger. I get why Batman won't kill him, but he also doesn't really seem to do anything special to try and cure/help him. Joker can't be redeemed, but they could at least give him less of a kill count so it's less egregious that he seems to get off fine every few years when he takes over Gotham again.

Like, can Batman not have Superman lock him in the Phantom Zone or something instead?

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they've drained this well so much that I REALLY want them to scale back Joker's danger. I get why Batman won't kill him, but he also doesn't really seem to do anything special to try and cure/help him. Joker can't be redeemed, but they could at least give him less of a kill count so it's less egregious that he seems to get off fine every few years when he takes over Gotham again.

Like, can Batman not have Superman lock him in the Phantom Zone or something instead?

I mean it's not like the phantom zone has a very strong record of keeping people trapped in it either.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

He should do what they planned for Batman to do the Joker in Batman Beyond originally. Lock him in the Batcave.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that time batman threw dogs down an elevator shaft?

8XUazv.gif

Fuck that dog. If a dog goes straight for your throat then it goes past the bad boy pile and into the dead boy pile.
I actually had a big German Shepherd go straight for my throat when I was ten and somehow managed to fight it off long enough for the owner to get it away. The police asked me if I wanted it put down and I said no. I was a dumb kid.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I think I remember seeing batman chastise someone for taking the law into their own hands. That advice feels pretty hollow when it's coming from the masked vigilante.

Feb 16, 2022
That time when Batman made Robin paint a whole room yellow just so he could troll Green Lantern while drinking lemonade.

This is completely absurd and comedy gold in many levels:

batman-paints-a-room-yellow-for-green-lantern-1.jpg
I will forever take pleasure in the fact that so many people didn't get the memo that this was supposed to be a parody. It's right there in the pages since issue 1.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Every time he time let a villain live knowing that they will just escape for the umpteenth time and kill more people.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So many things wrong with this. Having sex with one of your closet friend's daughter. Having sex with your adopted sons ex girlfriend. Having sex with someone who is young enough to be your daughter and looks up to you as a role model.
You also forgot to add that he did all of that, and couldn't be bothered to use a condom.
I don't think that can be beat in terms of assholery.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I don't count creators using Batman to act out their sexual fantasies or actions dictated by a sexist and racist editorials. (The Bruce/Babs relationship for the former, Bruce ignoring his daughter for the latter.)

To be fair, he has a very complicated relationship with Alfred in this film.

I thought his biggest asshole moment in The Batman was getting mad at Selina and slutshaming her by saying she sold her body to Falcone. I never hated Bruce so much except in that moment. I'm glad he apologizes but god the absolute privilege of that man.
Agreed.
Not just the privilege, but complete lack of imagination that men have when it comes to what relationships women can have with men. Realistic enough, but I really hope we see that this version of Bruce fucking grow up when it comes to women (and sex work).