• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Have we ever heard anything of Away ever since it's announcement? I know it's only been a year, but..

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Duke Nukem Forever?

FF games on Game Pass?

Whatever's been announced as an exclusive for Stadia?

Star Citizen?

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Pokémon Sleep. I just don't know how you can turn a mobile app that tracks your breathing into a game.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
That's true, I was just curious.

In any case, it was announced last year that Skull & Bones won't ship this FY, so it is normal that there is no communication around it right now. As for BG&E2, that game had it's last update on the website a month ago. Not my place to say more, as I don't work on that project (though there is a team working hard on it in our studio).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Good and Evil 2... eventually. It's probably desperately fighting for resources at Ubisoft.

Bad phrasing. I think it will eventually die because Ubisoft chooses to move on to more promising projects

Yeah I'd bet on it being completely rebooted to have a single-player campaign focus
Ancel pushed for years to get a chance to make that game until he got free reigns over it. That game is his baby and it's not getting cancelled.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I suspect Pikmin 3 for Switch but I stopped paying attention to it a year ago.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Dead Island 2

How could Yager go from making something as incredible as Spec Ops to this?

Dead Island 2 hasn't been with Yager for years. As for their projects, the truth is that Yager never had a major financial hit (even if Spec Ops is an excellent game), and independent studios can't be too picky with their projects. That is just a fact in the current industry climate. They also haven't released too many games themselves, considering how old the studio is.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Phantom Dust remake. No way Microsoft is throwing more money at it after effectively dissolving the first studio that had a crack at it.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I wonder if any games will get switched from current gen to nextgen. Imagine if WiLD turns out to be a PS5 game now and the design has somehow been enhanced or reconfigured around the PS5's SSD etc.

I really want Dead Island 2 though. Very hype.

RadiantDan

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan
The sequel to Barkey Shut Up and Jam Gaiden

2012: Kickstarter is launched and is successful, game is given a release window of late 2013 or early 2014.
2016: Devs confirm that their Kickstarter funds have been depleted (despite making well over their initial funding goal).
2019: Devs confirm that only two staff members are left on the project, neither of them people who worked on the original game.

It still hasn't been officially cancelled, but c'mon.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I remember it having a rage ability everyone seemed to have could have been the build I got who knows, but driving felt better then Dead Island, but not better then Dying Light, the actual zombie killing wasn't no Dying Light especially at that stage, DLC was already considered as well I believe the MEGAMAN Buster was going to be put into it probably under some different name.

Some nice changes were the skill trees were much larger, and were more specific to a style of play you wanted to do.

Boss zombies felt entirely too strong but once again could just be because too early to really set those up.

Spec Ops was a story that carried it, the games actual mechanics blowed. Sadly Dead Island 2's story really was on the extreme deep end of bad. I can try seeing if I still have the story script, but it's not good I gotta preface this a couple of times.

I would argue the mundanity of Spec OP's mechanics were by design

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Skull & Bones was announced and everyone was like "Welp. That's too bad for Sea of Thieves. Skull & Bones is going to eat it's lunch."? Pretty funny in hindsight.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Deep Down

Final Fantasy Type-1 and onwards
Tabata was basically the cheerleader for the Final Fantasy Type sub series within SE. They even trade marked Final Fantasy Type 1 and Type 2 before 0 released. I'm honestly not sure why the Type Next content was included with Type 0 HD if indeed a squeal project was never green lit in the first place.

With him gone, I'm doubtful we'll see anything else of that sub series.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I don't think Skull & Bones is cancelled. Would be cool if it's being reworked into something else though. With Disney handing out their Marvel IPs, it would be cool if Skull & Bones was turned into a Pirates of the Carribean title. And yeah, let us go ashore.
I don't think I'm full of shit, but it would be ironic because I think that somehow a lot of the framework of the cancelled Pirates of the Caribbean was implemented into Black Flag, so that'd be quite ironic. A quick Google doesn't reveal anything like that but I swear I recently saw something from someone about it... Berenstein universe shit.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Dead Island 2 --- once Dying Light 2 is out with modest sale despite being a better game than its predecessor, Deep Silver gonna realize they miss the boat on zombie craze a long time ago and cancel it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Tabata was basically the cheerleader for the Final Fantasy Type sub series within SE. They even trade marked Final Fantasy Type 1 and Type 2 before 0 released. I'm honestly not sure why the Type Next content was included with Type 0 HD if indeed a squeal project was never green lit in the first place.

With him gone, I'm doubtful we'll see anything else of that sub series.

Its so sad. The Type-series couldve been such a cool spinoff thing.

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
Metal-Gear-Rising-2.jpg

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The original idea of Skull & Bones has definitely been canceled.
I hope that they realized no one wanted to play as a ship, like World of Tanks, and decided to do a spiritual sequel to Black Flag, instead.
Expanding on the Pirate aspect of it, and eliminating all the assassiny stuff.

Hold on, you are not supposed to play as actual Pirates in Skull & Bones?

Being a Pirate is the reason AC4 is still so beloved nowadays despite it not being the only AC with Naval combat.

How did Ubisoft miss the point so hard?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Ushiro from Level 5. Originally announced many years ago for PSP, then canceled, then re-emerged on Switch, but Level 5 is in shambles.

90s Arcade Racer. Stuck into Nicalis's wormhole.

Maybe i'm wrong but i dont't think Square will release The Last Remnant on PS3

Well, it came out for PS4

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Now that bge2 is a thing, pretty sure wild is on the backburner forever
I kinda wonder if that one will transition to a F2P model eventually.
Not sure if multiplayer is a component at all in the game, but if there is, i can see that happening.

Not sure why, but I kinda get that feeling from that game. Like if they ever want it to release it'll need to be in early access, and they might as well go for the Sea of Theives or Warframe model of continually improving it over time.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Dead Island 2 --- once Dying Light 2 is out with modest sale despite being a better game than its predecessor, Deep Silver gonna realize they miss the boat on zombie craze a long time ago and cancel it.

What makes you think Dying Light 2 won't sell well even if it's a better game than DL1?