• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Skull_%26_Bones_video_game.jpg

The other day I was thinking about Skull & Bones. You remember Skull & Bones, don't you? The Ubisoft pirate game? It debuted at E3 2017 and since then has been moved from 2018 to 2019, 2019 to 2020, and now maybe out in two years from now in 2022. And yet...no one seems particularly interested in it?

If I had to guess, we might never see it. Or if we do, it will be so radically different that it simply won't be the game we saw a few years ago. You know, a bit like how Nioh was in development since 2004 but ultimately became a Dark Souls thing?

ERA, WHAT GAME DO YOU BELIEVE WILL BE CANCELED?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yeah I could see Skull & Bones getting quietly killed. Otherwise I think it may be time to give up on Deep Down.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dead island 2, despite hearing otherwise. Skull and bones like you said, and deep down. I have a sneaking suspicion/fear that beyond good and evil 2 will be put on hold for a long time

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Night, can't remember which E3 is debuted at for MS but it was a good while ago.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
In the valley of gods.

Campo Santo are now part of Valve so i don't think this game will ever come out

store.steampowered.com

In The Valley of Gods on Steam

From the creators of Firewatch, In the Valley of Gods is a single-player first-person adventure. Explore a remote and ancient valley in the Egyptian desert, uncovering treasure and treachery in pursuit of a discovery that could bring you fame and fortune—or leave you for dead, buried beneath the...

it has to be after all this time but rockstar still has it up on their website. surely they'd have taken it down. but i just can't ever see it coming out. it's strange

www.rockstargames.com

Rockstar Games

The official home of Rockstar Games

Oct 25, 2017
Scorn

They haven't updated their Kickstarter page in god knows how long, and things were shaky as fuck even before the pandemic. Now I just assume they've taken peoples' cash and run.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
The original idea of Skull & Bones has definitely been canceled.
I hope that they realized no one wanted to play as a ship, like World of Tanks, and decided to do a spiritual sequel to Black Flag, instead.
Expanding on the Pirate aspect of it, and eliminating all the assassiny stuff.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Beyond Good and Evil 2... eventually. It's probably desperately fighting for resources at Ubisoft.

Bad phrasing. I think it will eventually die because Ubisoft chooses to move on to more promising projects
The original idea of Skull & Bones has definitely been canceled.
I hope that they realized no one wanted to play as a ship, like World of Tanks, and decided to do a spiritual sequel to Black Flag, instead.
Expanding on the Pirate aspect of it, and eliminating all the assassiny stuff.
Yeah I'd bet on it being completely rebooted to have a single-player campaign focus

Last edited:

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skull and Bones has certainly had development troubles but it's definitely coming.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
N1RV Ann-A

i can't find anything else about it after the announcement. i love Va-11 hall-a. i really hope they can get it out.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Probably digging myself a nice big hole here so I won't press my lack of faith in Ubisoft to complete BG&E2 any further

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Skull_%26_Bones_video_game.jpg

The other day I was thinking about Skull & Bones. You remember Skull & Bones, don't you? The Ubisoft pirate game? It debuted at E3 2017 and since then has been moved from 2018 to 2019, 2019 to 2020, and now maybe out in two years from now in 2022. And yet...no one seems particularly interested in it?

If I had to guess, we might never see it. Or if we do, it will be so radically different that it simply won't be the game we saw a few years ago. You know, a bit like how Nioh was in development since 2004 but ultimately became a Dark Souls thing?

ERA, WHAT GAME DO YOU BELIEVE WILL BE CANCELED?
Not cancelled, but I'm pretty sure some insider has said that it has been rebooted at least twice now.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
shin megami tensei 5
prove me wrong atlus

i know it's still probably happening but come on

edit: oop, the exact same thing has already been posted

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I don't think Skull & Bones is cancelled. Would be cool if it's being reworked into something else though. With Disney handing out their Marvel IPs, it would be cool if Skull & Bones was turned into a Pirates of the Carribean title. And yeah, let us go ashore.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I really hope they're reworking BG&E2 to let us play as Jade again. The MMOish concept they showed a while back didn't attract me at all.