• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We've all been attacked by something at some point in life, know this to be true. The struggle between man and beast has existed since the dawn of time, from fighting off wolves with spears to destroying entire habitats due to pollution and global warming.

I have personally been attacked by a lot of animals throughout my life. These things, they just happen. I was cornered by a scary black goat at a petting zoo, I've been bitten by gooses outside of apartments, chased by swans while driving a golf cart and arguably harassed by butterflies. These all may seem like trivial, perhaps even laughably pathetic, occurrences but I assure you they were frightening at the time they took place.

No doubt, some of you will probably have more vicious attacks, maybe a snake or a dog that attacked you to the point you wish for the extermination of an entire breed because you're very rational. But anything counts. Small insects, domestic animals, ferocious beasts. A mean frog.

But boy, do I hate geese.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Got bit by my neighbor's dog. She doesn't have it anymore. I've been bit by my cats, but those are always my fault :P And other than the occasional stinging insect, that's about it.

OP
OP
Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've lived a full life without getting stung by anything at least. I take pride in that.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Been bitten or Stung by:
Guinea Pig
Chihuahua
Yorkie
Dachshund
Australian Cattle Dog puppy
German Shepherd Dog
Labrador Retriever
Terrier Mix
Several cats
Geese
Parakeet

(Dead) shark
Anole

Bee
Fire Ants

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I got bit by a snake once.

A wild pack of family dogs came running through the yard one day at my Grandmas house, my brothers and I curled up into a fetal position on the ground and covered our heads. They just barked in our ears for a few minutes and ran off, no gun required.

I was hiking through Redwood National Forrest and "ran" into a bear. It growled and I backed up until I was out of sight and took off running back to my tent.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
A duck yelled at me once
A turtle bit my finger
Got scratched by cats multiple times
Got bit by a dog once
Had a flying cockroach fly in my face
A tiny spider in my bathroom raised it's front legs menacingly
Mosquitoes frequently drink my blood
I've had a lobster bite my big toe
Shark at the oceanarium looked at me funny

Oct 27, 2017
Wasps.
A really angry rabbit.

Edit: And that time a very big Barracuda threw me shade and I shit myself and got the hell out of the sea.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
A crab, I picked it up.

A squirrel, I picked it up.

Wait, I think I'm the problem.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I was walking a narrow, steep trail in Nepal when two guys leading a yak passed by. I was pretty beat as it was like day 6, and as the yak went by it took a sudden disliking to me and charged. I dove into a thorn bush because there really was no other option, and whipped at it pitifully with my flimsy hiking pole. Luckily it lost interest.

Trail was more or less like this:
Screen-Shot-2016-05-18-at-11.42.07-pm-1024x686.png

And yak was more or less like this:
1wgqvy.jpg

I was so tired it didn't really sink into me until after how dangerous that had been. There wasn't much those guys could have done if it had really wanted to gore me, and I was like an 18-hour hike to the nearest health center.

Oct 27, 2017
Fire ants, my dickhead cat, a goat, wild geese, ducks, a boar, an ostrich, emus, horses, jellyfish, random fish in a river, birds are assholes.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
One of my Netherlands Dwarves charged me, reared up and hit me with her paws, and then bit me a couple days ago when I was getting her back in her cage.

Deedee is a beast:

bc4kcLg.jpg

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Wolf Spiders. Those mother fuckers have ran and jumped at me. Main reason why I have arachnophobia as an adult.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
A goose , I was six or seven, still have a vivid memorie of that beast charging towards me with his wings opened, cunt bit me in the knee.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Besides insects, nothing, and I've had a lot of encounter with rattlesnakes, mountain lions, coyotes , and etc.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Dogs, chickens( fucking hannibals will eat you/their own kind alive if they smell a fresh wound ), wasps and some cats were aggressive too.

Love dogs and cats but chickens can burn in hell( or in my grill hehe )

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Was attacked by a large dog when I was about 5, which lead to a childhood long fear of dogs that was only solved once my parents got us a Schnauzer when I was about 13/14.

We had three cats growing up, one of which had a bad temperament and would fuck me up regularly. Scratch marks galore.

Think that's about it, not too bad compared to y'all with your snake bites and goose attacks lol

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Worst was probably Fire Ants in the American South. Their stings itch worse than any mosquito bite I've ever had, they actually sting you instead of bite and you can see the venom spread under your skin. Found out the hard way I'm allergic and my freaking knees would swell up like I'm an old man on a porch in Kansas with a storm coming.

OP
OP
Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Surprise, surprise. Many a goose has attacked a number of us at some point. And what does that say about geese? I'll let you figure that one out.

Also, getting bit by a spider while you sleep doesn't count. Before any of you say that.

Oct 27, 2017
Besides insects, nothing, and I've had a lot of encounter with rattlesnakes, mountain lions, coyotes , and etc.
My experiences with snakes have not resulted in any bites. But that might have to do with me not getting near their faces. Still, snakes seem chill compared to birds. Fuckers are aggressive and don't realize that should retaliation happen, they won't like it.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
My cat scratched my eyeball once. Nearly lost my sight and you can see the scratch under a blacklight.

Fun night that was.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Just dogs while riding the bicycle. I used to try to outride. It never worked. They always catch up. Now, I know to get off the bike and fight back by swinging the bike.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I was "bitten" by a stingray once.

Yes, "bitten" (or whatever the equivalent is for stingrays, I don't know if they have teeth). I guess I'm lucky it didn't sting me but it scared the piss out of me all the same.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
My neighbor's parrot jumped on my arm, hopped over and bit really hard into the soft skin of my armpit! I fucking hate parrots!

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Had an alligator about 6 foot long chase me out of a river at my hil billy realtives place when I have 15 or so, just missed me. Also had my had ripped open breaking up a dog fight (last year).

Deleted member 4434

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last summer I was swimming, minding me own business, not bothering anyone.
And then this peace of shit swan got all hissy and trying to be protective of his ugly child and the wife he was cheating on with another swan like 2 minutes prior.

I remember writing the whole epic story into a 14 post Twitter thread but most important was I came out victorious.

I hate swans. Stupid beach terrorists.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pet frog that attacks me every night. He is v cute.

I found a gila monster one time but it just lazily walked away.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Just cats, but scratches from hairy little beasts were always gnarly due to being allergic . I'd usually get a big ol' rash even after the smallest of scrapes. Still not enough to stop me from living with housemates who owned cats or from wanting to own one myself.

OP
OP
Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how y'all are getting attacked by ducks. You gotta establish yourself as the alpha species around the pond. I have a lot of nasty Muscovy ducks where I live that have committed genocide against all other ducks here and even they know not to fuck with me. Some of their ducklings even like me, I tells ya what.

But geese? Ain't no reasoning with them. You can see the devil in their eyes. But that's your mistake. You see one, you keep your head down and keep walking. Don't even look at 'em.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Dogs (multiple occasions, not like a pack of dogs)
A bee
Some close calls with wasps but no sting
Some annoyed bumble bees that just crash into my head to make me go away

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Stung in the neck by a wasp when I was like 10
Bit on the finger by a garden snake

Other then getting barked at by random dogs or ordinary bug bites nothing else that I can remember.