• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I just upgraded my TV from 40" 1080 LED to a 65" 4K OLED. I am also picking up the PS5 at launch. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for some of the new games releasing on the 12th and will probably play through Demon's Souls first. But I also can't wait to jump into some games already released that I haven't sunk my teeth into yet. I expect a lot of LTTPs over the next few months, which always make for great threads.

While I am not getting the XSX, some people are opening themselves up to Game Pass and hundreds of amazing games they may have not purchased in the past few years. I know my brother is excited to play some Halo, Gears of War and even indie titles like Outer Wilds. It is going to be a great time to try out the games you missed on this current gen, whether you are moving to PS5, XSX or upgrading your PC.

Personally, I am excited to dive into FF7r, Ghost of Tsushima and Doom Eternal. I think with my new TV and the speed of the PS5 these games will blow me away as if they were PS5 games themselves.

So, what already-released game are you most excited to play for the first time on next-gen?

Oct 27, 2017
For me. Forza Horizon and I think i'm going to pick up Watch Dog Legion and/or Planet Coaster for the XSX when I get my console.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Master Chief Collection at 120fps <3

Also interested to see if Sonic Unleashed can hit 60fps

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been holding off on playing Sekiro and FF7 Remake so I'm looking forward to playing those in a couple of weeks.

Oh and Destiny 2 with SSD loading times is going to be a huge QoL improvement so I'm excited for that too. Just a shame that the next gen upgrade isn't out until December.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Ghost of Tshushima, God of War, Destiny 2, TLOU2 and hopefully just hopefully Bloodborne.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No Man's Sky, Red Dead Redemption 2, Breath of the Wild 2 (if switch pro is a thing that has noticeable improvements)

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
Gears 5 and GOT.

I never gave any of the new Gears games a chance until the past month. I got to ACT 2 in Gears 4 back when it was originally released and then didn't touch it again until last month. After trying it again I loved it. Now I'm holding off on Gears 5 until I get my Series X next week. It'll be the first thing I play since there's nothing of interest for me on the X until Cyberpunk relases.

Pretty much the same with Ghost. I played maybe the first 4 hours of it until I decided I'll wait until the PS5 so I can have a even better experience playing it.

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne, assuming it's upgraded to 60 fps on ps5. Sekiro on Series X or PS5, whichever version performs better.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Last Guardian. Haven't played it since launch and hopefully it gets a nice boost on PS5

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
On XsX: Forza Horizon 4, MCC if it has Reach/4, gears 6
On Ps5: Pacer (which I backed but haven't tried), Vampyr, Genshin Impact.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Monster Hunter World will be one of these games that will greatly benefit when playing on PS5. The load times are frequent and so long on current-gen games, I can't wait to see how quick it'll be now. And as framerate is uncapped, we might get to play it at 4k60fps.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us 2. I almost bought a PS4 Pro to replay it for a third time, but decided the PS5 was close enough that I'd just wait it out. Seriously cannot WAIT, though.

Others are Bloodborne, God of War (which I only played a few hours of, excited to finally hopefully finish it), Persona 5 Royal, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim... the PS4 had one heck of a library.

B_Mild

Dec 1, 2017
Saved the end of gen PS4 games GoT and TLoU2 for ps5. Since they're both first party games, I'm hoping for some upgrades other than just fps increases.

I will be playing Demon's Souls remake first though as the original was my favorite of the Soulsborne games.

I'll also be replaying Sekiro on PS5 if it's gonna be 60fps as well.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Right now, probably Control. I've had my eyes on it for a while, but was turned off by all the documented performance issues on the current gen consoles.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 will be games I'll continue playing. I am also excited to play TLoU2 again and jump into Star Wars Fallen Order.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Whenever/if I get a PS5, first game I'm checking is Ghost of Tsushima on the 60FPS mode.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I've been itching to play through The Last Guardian again for a couple of years now. The PS5 gives me the perfect excuse to do so.

I do wonder to what extent the game will be improved without a full-fledged remaster though. Hopefully it's an adequate upgrade.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
Hoping Skater XL is buttery smooth

No mans Sky next gen trailer looks good!

Ghost of Tsushima Legends mode in 60fps

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Held of on buying Ghost Of Tsushim and Last Of Us 2 because I wanted to play them at 4k and 60 FPS. Didnt want a less then amazing experience.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
The Last of Us Part II. Can't wait to start my third playthrough.

The art direction and combat @ 4k/60fps lord help me:

DrearyDentalAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
No Mans Sky - haven't played the game for about a year, so really looking forward to return for the missed updates and improvements.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I've got Control Ultimate Edition and Monster Hunter World that I haven't played yet. After I've played the games that are coming with the console, I'll play them on PS5.

Also excited to replay Horizon and God of War.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Gears 5 and Doom Eternal are the games I'm going to play through first I think. Also have Hitman 2 ready to go and I'll give Modern Warfare a chance. Going from base consoles this gen to a Series X so the improvements should be huge.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Ghostrunner is the one game I haven't bought yet because I want to play it on next-gen. Probably gonna at least try out out Gears 5 and Halo: Master Chief Collection as well, but that's more out of curiosity than holding out.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima for sure. Feels like I've been waiting forever to play that. And I fully expect some sort of black Friday deal it to make it even sweeter.

OP
OP
Kiro

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Gears 5 and Doom Eternal are the games I'm going to play through first I think. Also have Hitman 2 ready to go and I'll give Modern Warfare a chance. Going from base consoles this gen to a Series X so the improvements should be huge.
Yeah same here, jumping from the base PS4 so I haven't even experienced HDR (or 4K) before. Can't wait.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played
-ghost of tsushima
-the last of us 2
- shadow of the tomb raider

So those + miles morales spiderman will be a great start into the next gen for me :).

Can't wait

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima with 60FPS seems like it'll be incredible. I've heavily limited the amount I've seen of the game in general so I'm ready to dive in.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
For something I haven't played yet: Forza Horizon 4

And I'm playing Odyssey on a One S now so I'm excited to see how it is one the XSX.