• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hokey1

Oct 25, 2017
Near my town...460K Good deal.
ISfseq8iay5iwb1000000000.webp

ISrpcwlggoduyc1000000000.webp

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao at LA and NY.

Always said i would never buy a house in NY, even tho i live here. When i look on FB and see what my friends in Texas are buying for $300k it makes me want to cry because i wasted my life in NY. Dudes buying mansions while i have to settle for a run down 3 bedrooms and 1 fucking bathroom😂
For LA:

Lose: some extra rooms? (and traffic time I guess)
Gain: wonderful people, a government that doesn't treat minorities like absolute garbage, perfect weather, incredible food, tons of local events

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought a house in a suburb of Minneapolis in 2012 for $200,000. 1 acre, 3 bedrooms, 1,800 square feet. Sold it this year for $350,000 and moved Much closer to the city. You can still get a decent house in Minneapolis for $300,000 or so, but it's climbing fast. Since I bought the house we live in now last July it's value has gone up roughly $20,000 based on comps in the area.

There was a recent article that said Minneapolis was one of the top places for new homes for millennials. I believe it. It's cold as hell, but the jobs are solid, the city is nice and growing, and we are a great place to live as the climate changes. Wouldn't be surprised to see it become a hot spot as the top tier cities price people out.

Oct 28, 2017
Living in a big city sounds like such a silly endeavor

I don't even get it. I bet I could get a great spot by a lake in northern michigan for 500,000

Oct 28, 2017
I bought a house in a suburb of Minneapolis in 2012 for $200,000. 1 acre, 3 bedrooms, 1,800 square feet. Sold it this year for $350,000 and moved Much closer to the city. You can still get a decent house in Minneapolis for $300,000 or so, but it's climbing fast. Since I bought the house we live in now last July it's value has gone up roughly $20,000 based on comps in the area.

There was a recent article that said Minneapolis was one of the top places for new homes for millennials. I believe it. It's cold as hell, but the jobs are solid, the city is nice and growing, and we are a great place to live as the climate changes. Wouldn't be surprised to see it become a hot spot as the top tier cities price people out.

It's cold a mother up there though. I'm from Philly but the cold up there is a hard mode, no radar sparse ammo.

I don't even get it. I bet I could get a great spot by a lake in northern michigan for 500,000

I remember when no one wanted to live in the city. Philly was dirt cheap in the early 2000's you could get an apartment here for $800/m
3081391842_ddbf826bd2_o.0.jpeg

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Sure and I can purchase a cabin in that area with the extra money I make working for some of the companies I do in the city. Meanwhile I have numerous jobs options and can find another one if it falls through, I can go to sports games, concerts, performances, and any kind of restaurant I want whenever I have a desire to. I am surrounded by cultures that are different than mine and expand my worldview. I can take public transit to any of this, or bike, or drive. I don't have to worry about the only employer in the area shutting down and killing my house values. I don't have to drive 2 hours to have a baby delivered or go in for a medical emergency.

so silly.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's cold a mother up there though. I'm from Philly but the cold up there is a hard mode, no radar.

It's really not that bad. I grew up in the hot south and adjusted fine. Our summers are glorious and our winters have a few bad weeks lately and besides that it's not terrible.

It's not for everyone, but that's literally the only complaint I hear about the city.

Oct 28, 2017
It's really not that bad. I grew up in the hot south and adjusted fine. Our summers are glorious and our winters have a few bad weeks lately and besides that it's not terrible.

It's not for everyone, but that's literally the only complaint I hear about the city.

OH REALLY....lets take a look at the 7 day forecast shall we?

Wednesday's High 22 Low -6
Thursday's High 8 Low 1

I'm not even going to get going cause I saw -6 degrees without the wind chill. I'm soft bro. I can not deal.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OH REALLY....lets take a look at the 7 day forecast shall we?

Wednesday's High 22 Low -6
Thursday's High 8 Low 1

I'm not even going to get going cause I saw -6 degrees without the wind chill. I'm soft bro. I can not deal.

I totally get it, but it really doesn't bother me most days. It's gotta be sub 0 before I even care that much most days. I take the trash out it sweatpants and a tshirt until then.

Oct 28, 2017
Sure and I can purchase a cabin in that area with the extra money I make working for some of the companies I do in the city. Meanwhile I have numerous jobs options and can find another one if it falls through, I can go to sports games, concerts, performances, and any kind of restaurant I want whenever I have a desire to. I am surrounded by cultures that are different than mine and expand my worldview. I can take public transit to any of this, or bike, or drive. I don't have to worry about the only employer in the area shutting down and killing my house values. I don't have to drive 2 hours to have a baby delivered or go in for a medical emergency.

so silly.

To each their own. The hustle and bustle, and confined living arrangements, would drive me nuts

I stay in metro Detroit and work 26 miles away from home still. This is truly a commuter state.

Ideally I would reside in that cabin, and isolate myself from the rest of society as I curl up by my fireplace with a good book every night. I prefer peace and quiet. Online shopping has stripped a large majority of the appeal city life would have for me anyhow. I'm not even 30 yet and all I want to do is relax

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To each their own. The hustle and bustle, and confined living arrangements, would drive me nuts

I stay in metro Detroit and work 26 miles away from home still. This is truly a commuter state.

Ideally I would reside in that cabin, and isolate myself from the rest of society as I curl up by my fireplace with a good book every night. I prefer peace and quiet. Online shopping has stripped a large majority of the appeal city life would have for me anyhow. I'm not even 30 yet and all I want to do is relax

I totally understand that and I don't think that's weird at all. But I don't think it's silly to live in the city either. Both make sense to me.