• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Okay folks

I worked out a strategy to desensitise myself to public make out sessions

I'm going to actively go out and look for people french kissing and make sure to watch as closely and as intensively as I can, the more I blink the more I miss out on densentisting myself

I'll report back with any updates

Thanks for helping me change for the better era

Wish me luck
Ask if you can join.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't care. Do whatever. Although I'd much rather people be able to show affection in public than not. What two consenting adults do together is none of my business.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I can already imagine some people in this thread giving me stern looks if they saw me making out with people on the train after a night at the club.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Full-on frenching makeouts in public are weird imo. Like at a wild party, concert, club etc it's less out of place I guess, but just making out in the middle of the street or a supermarket or something is a weird concept to me. I also get second hand embarrassment easily, luckily I have mastered the art of looking away and minding my business if something makes me uncomfortable but is not illegal or hurting anyone.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It's fine if they're gay.

Half joking.

Actually it's cool as long as you're not full-on making out. I mean, in the sense of social decency. Personally, I don't mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
So you'd be totally fine doing this in front of children, or people doing it in front of your children? As, you know, children tend to exist in public places.
It's a personal thing, I get it, but I personally don't think that's appropriate behaviour for public.
You sound like some conservative pastor or bad faith politician feigning interest for the kids. Honestly, I'm not sure what your situation is that's got you so bitter/jaded on the matter, but my advice is to just mind your own damn business. That said, kindly spare us the concern for the kids in this day and age over some smooching. Truth is, I and many others don't care to meet the standards of ridiculous people nor should we have to.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a problem with it. I don't need to watch people make out, and feeling uncomfortable would be a "me problem" rather than a "them problem". I like kissing my partner in public, and I don't feel like it should be restricted to a quick peck.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A smooch here or there is fine wherever. More than that depends on the setting. At a ball game or a mall or airport, yuck. If it is somewhere reasonably romantic, sure.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
No hard rule for me. Depends on the setting. Like two people making out for an extended amount of time inside a fast food place is a "Sir this is a Wendy's" situation.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
You sound like some conservative pastor or bad faith politician feigning interest for the kids. Honestly, I'm not sure what your situation is that's got you so bitter/jaded on the matter, but my advice is to just mind your own damn business. That said, kindly spare us the concern for the kids in this day and age over some smooching. Truth is, I and many others don't care to meet the standards of ridiculous people nor should we have to.
Dunno what else to tell you, I don't think it's appropriate but you do. We each just go live our lives just like before this thread I guess.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
People going at it for like, 5 minutes is just really weird in public. People who give each other quick kisses is cute.

I don't make the rules. I just follow them!

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Depends on the time and place, I guess. If you're out on the town in the evening, go for it.

If you're hanging outside an elementary school, maybe don't fish for the other person's tonsils with your tongue.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the last time I remember being bothered by people kissing was when I was like 8 at a craft store and this couple in front of me in line were eating each others' faces and they stopped when they realized I was staring judgmentally. was pretty funny

anyway, i don't mind unless it's like the aforementioned situation and you're going at it like there's no tomorrow at Target

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care seeing people in public or my friends doing it in front of me.

I'll kiss my SO anywhere in front of anyone for however long I want - but, I'm definitely mindful when I'm with friends.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Just like nose digging, it's not deliberating 'offensive' or 'rude' per se but please do it in privacy of your own home instead on the public arena.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah minimal is best. Hell or goodbye. If it's something like a sunset it's fine as long as it's not straight up making out (which isn't romantic anyways).

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who spent a good amount of time taking the BART public kissing is very, very low on my public faux pas list

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
It's cute, especially when it's some lovelorn teenagers. Oh no, people are...in love? How hard is it to be happy that people are into each other and just be on your way?

Unless they're seriously being disruptive let them do their thing and stop being weird about it.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it bothers, remind yourself it's none of your business and you can look away. Then remind yourself what you just saw for that brief moment doesn't matter nor affect you in any actual way.

Do this and I genuinely believe you'll feel better about it.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Full-on frenching makeouts in public are weird imo. Like at a wild party, concert, club etc it's less out of place I guess, but just making out in the middle of the street or a supermarket or something is a weird concept to me. I also get second hand embarrassment easily, luckily I have mastered the art of looking away and minding my business if something makes me uncomfortable but is not illegal or hurting anyone.

Pretty much how I feel. Straight-up making out in a public place is a little weird to me, but I wouldn't say I'm like offended by it.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Man who cares. Why cant people do what makes them happy when its not hurting anyone?

And before anyone says it, no, it isnt hurting you. At all.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm sorry OP but I'm dying at the image of you being at the center of a government psyop how far they can go with placing couples frenching near you before you crack since you see this a lot

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine if they're gay.

Half joking.

Actually it's cool as long as you're not full-on making out. I mean, in the sense of social decency. Personally, I don't mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I came to say the same thing. I don't mind kissing in public.

However, I always found full on making out to be a little off putting (straight, gay, etc). Feels like Im intruding on something intimate. At a party, its different. But Im talking like in public, at a restaurant, at 1pm

That being said, its my problem. Not theirs. If its really off putting to watch a couple make out, Ill look away.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Whenever I see people kissing I get jealous as fuck. I'd be doing the same if I could haha

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I've done it and not ashamed at all.

The funniest was at Penn Station a year or so ago. Someone did legit say "get a room" while walking by, but who gives a shit. How New Yorker of you lmao.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
AgreeableSingleBluetonguelizard-max-1mb.gif

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Edit: I got ratio'd hard lol well played Era you won this one

Joking aside, it's legit why I asked am I being over sensitive, now in the future if I see this I'll remember this thread which in turn will make me remember it's just me being a cunt and get over it it's none of my business, Ggs
in years of reading this site, longer than I've had this account, this is the most graciously anyone's ever handled a thread backfire/dunking

kudos to you

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I don't care.

As long as they are not blocking a busy passageway. Honestly the only thing that pisses me of are people standing in front of an entrance, escalator or blocking a sidewalk to talk, hug or whatever.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's just people kissing, they are not hurting anybody, they are not fucking. Let them be.

(altough, i wouldn't mind either if people where fucking in public :p )