• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't given it much thought, but Watch_Dogs was the first thing that popped into my mind. Assassin's Creed with a phone, whoop-dee-doo.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon: Zero Dawn. The open world, the enemy camps, the half baked stealth system, the scavenging, the crafting, the weird inclusion of a dialogue tree that seems to not matter at all, etc. made it feel like the epitome of generic/play it safe AAA game this gen.
Yuuup. Felt like such a paint by numbers experience.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon: Zero Dawn. The open world, the enemy camps, the half baked stealth system, the scavenging, the crafting, the weird inclusion of a dialogue tree that seems to not matter at all, etc. made it feel like the epitome of generic/play it safe AAA game this gen.
The game also has the best long range combat I've ever seen in a game and the only sci-fi story that I actually found interesting this gen, with a beautiful ending too. Zelda is probably the worst open world game I've played this gen.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The game also has the best long range combat I've ever seen in a game and the only sci-fi story that I actually found interesting this gen, with a beautiful ending too. Zelda is probably the worst open world game I've played this gen.
Oh right, I forgot that people were comparing HZD and putting it above BOTW when they released back-to-back.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not going to cast judgement on games I haven't played, so out of the games I have played, probably Arms. I don't like motion controls, so I just really hated the feeling of playing it, in a way that I can get past with most games that don't use motion controls.

Oct 28, 2017

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Tie between Horizon and Days Gone. Just monotonous open world games that Sony is more than likely going to make more of. Also not a fan of Splatoon.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The Outer Worlds is the least stimulating, least engaging "one of those" I've encountered. I'd rather play Fallout 4 or Mass Effect Andromeda any day of the week despite both being massive disappointments in their own right.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Watch dogs. All I think of is that stupid spreadsheet with the many different editions and claims the main character had an iconic hat. The name also looks close to Sleeping Dogs which would get my hopes up scrolling on by.

I expect there's worse out there but it's what comes to mind.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
I must think i played not many new ip's that i not like.

Because Arms was one of my favorite games of that year i played more than 50 hours
Sunset Overdrive was fantastic.
Horizon zero dawn was fantastic
Sea of thieves so much fun with my best friend

Alright when i am think about it. Recore so much potential was very bad. Ryse son of Rome so much potential but the game was not clear. And Quantum Break was not so good. And the last one the last game from submissive games. Until dawn was so good. But this games sucks.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I am only listing games I had interest in to begin with.

Nioh - huge Dark Souls fan and was hoping it would be good.
Nier -Automata - It looked liked it had potential but the demo is so incredibly lacking in variety for enemies.
The current gen Ghost Recons - might as well be new IP's as they are so different from G.R.A.W. last gen (amazing games).
Nier does not count as its an IP established last Gen

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
That I've played, Anthem.

There's a ton that I don't even care to try though.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Forgot to list Outer Wilds and Astral Chain.

You don't like the Ori, Astral Chain, Outer Wilds, or Hollow Knight?

You are a salty dog.

giphy.webp

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Destiny. For better or worse, it's the best new IP this gen because it's been mimicked by tonsnof games.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If you also include recent new phone games.. Dragalia Lost probably! In terms of console/PC only stuff, I'd say The Division is pretty awesome and Ori definitely blew me away. Thrilled to play the new one. I bought Ring Fit Adventure recently but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't get the premise of a thread like this. Is it a creative way to do games I hate without getting locked as a list thread? I get being upset when a franchise you like goes sour, or a new iteration disappoints you since there is actual investment and reason to care.

But if there is something that's new IP I have no connection to beyond not being interested or playing a little and dropping it there really is no reason to have any kind of strong feelings.

I feel like this is one of those renting space things that is unhealthy and only hurts/affects you and brings undue and easily avoided stress and negativity.

Personal opinion and all that, not trying to be a smart ass, I honestly don't get it.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Let It Die because it's so close to being something really special but self sabotaged the landing with its tedious F2P trappings and undercooked and overstretched content. If it was a more well rounded and handcrafted dungeon crawler with the same fantastic presentation and soundtrack I'd have loved it.

I guess I'd file this under most disappointing rather than least favourite, but I don't really think I could qualify an IP as being my "least favourite".

Last edited:

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
Bloodborne

because it was so good and they only made ONE game with that universe and left me aching for more damn you From Software

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You don't like the Ori, Astral Chain, Outer Wilds, or Hollow Knight?

I can at least understand not liking Ori because while it's very pretty I think its adaptation of Metroidvania trappings leads to a few too many autoscrolling instadeath escape sequences. They can be infuriating if you don't get them right.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I can at least understand not liking Ori because while it's very pretty I think its adaptation of Metroidvania trappings leads to a few too many autoscrolling instadeath escape sequences. They can be infuriating if you don't get them right.
i honestly played it and finished it and thought it was decent but not that great tbh