• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
The manga is fucking gorgeous, but I don't think I could watch the anime several times.

Biggest budget anime film up to that point. Yeah, it's a visual treat for sure.

I've only read the manga. What happened? They switched studios, right?
Yea and climaxed like a wet fart

Destroyer

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Just started watching anime so I haven't gotten to the rewatch phase yet, but it'll probably be Attack on Titan.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Your go to anime is an anime series and/or movie that you could watch again and again and again, and never get tired of it.

Mine is The Devil Is A Part Timer. Short and sweet. No real story arch. Just fluff about a-day-in-the-life.

What's your?

Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
Jungle Wa Itsumo hale Nochi Guu
Most Satoshi Kon movies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tough question, gonna think on it.

imof6D9.gif

It's Ghost in the Shell, obviously.
Incredible taste.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
8b63c2d89efacf6e35498ae2c8efdcbf.gif

Akira isn't perfect (I happen to think that the manga is better, but that's just me), but the visuals alone make this movie infinitely rewatchable.
I have your back on the manga being better, though I also love the film as I said in my answer (in fact I also prefer the manga for JoJo which was my other answer, what can I say other than I am a sucker for story's told through sequential art you have to read) and my personal dream is instead of a Hollywood live action or another attempt at film, wish a really good anime studio could get the property and the appropriate budget to do a whole season to properly adapt the manga from beginning to end.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I like Rumiko Takahashi and have never seen/read Ranma. It's on Japanese netflix, so this thread has motivated me to try the first episode finally.

Whereabouts did it end? I think the manga is still good.

Read Yotsuba& if you haven't already.
The centepede battle in the Forrest. And the human who feels like a monster being carted off into the unknown. Didn't even get to the base

Lost Knight

Mar 17, 2019
West Virginia
I have your back on the manga being better, though I also love the film as I said in my answer (in fact I also prefer the manga for JoJo which was my other answer, what can I say other than I am a sucker for story's told through sequential art you have to read) and my personal dream is instead of a Hollywood live action or another attempt at film, wish a really good anime studio could get the property and the appropriate budget to do a whole season to properly adapt the manga from beginning to end.

I honestly do not want the live-action remake because it kinda defeats the point. And yeah I'd love for the entire manga to be adapted because it's amazing.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
For ones I rewatch all the time id say Spirited Away, Redline and Promare. Since they are all movies rewatching them is really easy

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Haikyu. Those kids just... they just try so hard, guys... when did it start raining in here?

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I've rewatched individual episodes and scenes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure countless times by now. I can't stop. There's this unique sensation I get from trying to unfold the layers of meaning behind the bullshit that happens in that series.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Bebop is just such a confluence of elements being made by people all at the top of their game. I always go in to revisit an episode or two and end up binging more.

Other than that, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Nichijou, Gankutsuou, Escaflowne, Gurren Lagann, and Giant Robo are probably my most rewatched.

Gankutsuou and Escaflowne in particular have masterful pacing, really feels like episodes of those just fly by, and end on perfectly-dangled cliffhangers that always coax you into saying 'just one more.'

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Myriad Colors Phantom World for much the same reasons you posted. Short, self-contained episodes for the most part of supernatural school hijinks.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I actually don't rewatch much, but End of Evangelion and Nichijou I've gone through, or watched part of, a few times each. Kizumonogatari pt. 3 I've gone through more than once as well. Araragi vs. Kiss-Shot is the best anime fight of the 2010s.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
51m-gcrrj1L._AC_.jpg

My Neighbor Totoro. It never fails to make me laugh or put me in a good mood. Such a wonderful, beautifully told story- a classic.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FLCL, no question. It's short, sweet, not a single dull moment or wasted scene. Incredible production values and timeless characters. It's infinitely rewatchable.

And I haven't even started talking about my love for The Pillows.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
One Piece. It's huge to rewatch everything, so I usually choose an arc.

Death Note too.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Great Teacher Onizuka and ToraDora. There's stuff I like more (Monster, Nana) but it doesn't have the same rewatchability (is it a word?) as these titles.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gintama and JoJo are my top two. Gintama for it being absolutely hilarious and having some nice action/serious moments once in awhile. JoJo is absolute ridiculous with the bullshit powers, nonsensical plot, extravagant character designs and colors but I'm all for it.

Some others I'll say is Gurren Lagaan, Daily Lives of High School Boys and Nichijou.

Oct 25, 2017
Have a couple. Old School it's either Bubblegum Crisis, or Record of Lodoss War
For newer Anime it's probably One Punch Man. I've watched that first season so many times. For the record I'm OK with the second season, but I readily admit it's not as good as season one, even knowing what happens in the story.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo - both I rewatch every couple of years, always enjoy them.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
4e540959101246509320b81556202b71.jpg

When Marnie Was There
I saw it twice in theaters in Japan, once in theaters in the US, and I've watched my Japanese bluray a couple times. I almost never rewatch things, but I love Muramatu's score, the vibe, the characters, the visuals... everything, I suppose.

millennium-actress-new-634bed0788d856e9f459f213f9c0131e.jpg

Millennium Actress
As I learned more and more about Japanese film history, I grew to love the film even more. It's brilliant, and the way it pays homage to Japan's different eras of film with the creative narrative structure—just divine.

Excellent choices, Marnie is so underrated.

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017
Gone through way too much anime over the years to have just one. Or even just one per genre.

Cerebral: Serial Experiments Lain
Sports anime: Hikaru no Go || Yawara!
Moe trash: K-On! || Kamichu!
Light plot: Rocket Girls || Ghost Hunt
Drama: The Twelve Kingdoms || Hana Yori Dango || Maria-sama ga Miteru