• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The 2018/2020 iPad Pros are, in a word, sublime. Every time I use mine, especially outside the magic keyboard, it feels so futuristic even though I got it almost two years ago. Absolutely killer.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much experience with modern Apple stuff outside the iPod Nano 3rd generation, so I'll go with what I grew up with.

Apple_IIc_with_monitor.jpg

Not my photo, and by the time I got it (was a hand me down from my older brother) the original monitor was broken, so we had it hooked up via RF modulator to an old B&W TV. I put so many hours into that thing both in gaming and in what I guess could be considered schoolwork. Didn't really do a lot of typing back then, but I think I was still using Appleworks up until the middle of middle school. Ah, the sounds of a dot matrix printer.

Apple IIe was also nice, and we had a lot more of those than IIc at our schools.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is an unflattering pic but damn the black MacBook was f*cking gorgeous

2015-02-26-black-macbook.png

Also just all MacBook Airs.

Oct 29, 2017
MTPK2_VW_34FR+watch-44-alum-silver-nc-5s_VW_34FR_WF_CO

I really love the Apple Watch still. The curves feel so organic and everything flows beautifully. I love that they're unifying this across the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.

This. I think almost all of their products are amazingly designed, but the Apple Watch is the pinnacle, mostly because people all said "this is ugly".

And only now I realised how absolutely brilliant it really is. They could've tried to imitate traditional watches, just like on the other side everyone seem to want to, but you can never really do, because it is a completely different device. I absolutely despise the G-Shock stuff because while they are look good for some stuff, they are really not an "all-around" design.

The Apple Watch, instead of trying to imitate, simply created a very practical design for its own use, one which is very minimal and can pass in almost any scenario. An aluminium watch with a the rubber sport band is perfect for fitness, while a steel watch with a Milanese loop or a leather strap works much better with a more elegant setup than a Galaxy Watch. Funny, because I consider those a lot more of a giant toy than the Apple Watch, even the aluminium ones.

There are also the little things. The single reason I really dislike the Galaxy Watch Active is because in light, you can clearly see the edge of the panel. It's really off-putting because it looks like a botched version of a nice design. The Apple Watch's glass edges are curved in a way that hide this.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing I liked was their watch but it broke falling from a small height and was terribly designed consumer wise so that repairing it cost more than I paid for it. Was nice while it lasted though.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
e8d818fad943f1da2ad85b02e1c645f9.jpg

Also, to add to my last post. I LOVED our old red G3. Was such a neat device for kid me. It is absolutely charming, and a great design.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think it's the iPhone 11 Pro. The camera is amazing. It's lightning fast compared to my old Samsung. FaceID is great. I even got an Apple Card, which if anyone doesn't know is a digital credit card you can use when using Apple Pay - at the check out line I double tap the side button and enter my password (since I don't want to lower my mask), hold it too the scanner, and boom I'm done. Once a week I pay my bill using my iPhone in about 30 seconds.

Beyond all that the screen is amazing and it integrates with my Macbook and iPad. So say I'm working but left my phone in the living room, if someone texts me it pops up on my Macbook and/or iPad. So I don't even need my phone on my person all of the time. They also made some quality of life improvements that are really light years ahead of all of my previous phones.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I don't have much experience with modern Apple stuff outside the iPod Nano 3rd generation, so I'll go with what I grew up with.

Not my photo, and by the time I got it (was a hand me down from my older brother) the original monitor was broken, so we had it hooked up via RF modulator to an old B&W TV. I put so many hours into that thing both in gaming and in what I guess could be considered schoolwork. Didn't really do a lot of typing back then, but I think I was still using Appleworks up until the middle of middle school. Ah, the sounds of a dot matrix printer.

Apple IIe was also nice, and we had a lot more of those than IIc at our schools.

If I could "like" this post I would.

The Apple IIc with the flat panel attachment was amazing for tech introduced in 1984. Though there's something so cute about the stock 9" CRT that they sold alongside it that is shown in your image.

Apple_IIc_Flat_Panel_Display.jpg

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I have to pick just one I'll say iPhone 4. That was just so satisfying to hold and was built like a tank.
Just give me a new iPhone with that exact design (except for a bigger screen ofc) and material.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
iPod Mini and iPhone 5/5s.

I'm a traditional watch guy so the sight of Apple Watches makes me groan.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
These just look ugly and toy like to me. Its like a watch you give a toddler. To each their own though.

I was surprised the apple watch came up also. One of the ugliest mainstream smart watches on the market.

Lots of off choices in here though. I'd go with either the new iPad Pros which look insanely nice and clean nowadays, or the iPhone 4S/5.

They're getting worse from then on really.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
iPad Pro 2018/2020

Macbook Air (2020)

I almost didn't want to list the Macbook Air because from a functionality standpoint, it still lacks in certain areas in terms of port offerings and for some reason still has a shitty front facing web cam. The reason I'm including it is that to me before the iPad Pro (2018), it was the one product they made that had such a striking design from the front that it just standouts compared to competitors. It has a cool illusion of being much thinner than it when you open it from the front (even though it's still pretty thin). The black bezel isn't thick enough to make an eyesore. Also, the MBA always seemed to historically be the main product where they didn't have idiotic pricing.

To me the iPad Pro (2018/2020) is the best designed product they have ever produced. I don't think it's perfect, but it's the most close they have been in any of their products from an aesthetic stand point. Apart from the hardware design, this is due them actually designing their software to take advantage of the larger screen size for multitasking (something they refuse to STILL do on their larger iPhone series).

I've owned the LTE (2018) 64GB version for a week now. I upgraded from a 10.5 inch Pro version. Here are the stand outs that I didn't anticipate:

- Speaker quality - I was surprised when heard then. First YouTube video I watched was music video and the bass was nice along with clean audio. Not sure if this considered the best amongst all tablets, but it's good enough for me.

- Face ID - I've always been team fingerprint scanner for phones, but never thought about this much for tablet. For the way I use my tablet, I've enjoyed this improvement. For phone, sometimes it's laying flat on my desk so I don't want to have to lean or pick it up.

- Battery life - so far it's been outstanding. Hoping that the capacity keeps up and doesn't deteriorate too fast over the next few years.

Also people in 2020 still referring to things that Apple does as "magic".. can you please chill out for once? Lol...

Last edited:

Sparse

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be the magic keyboard. Runner up is the air pods. Thought they looked goofy to start with, but they're so useful.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ipod - Revolutionized an industry.
e29afc2f33b7dce4f1e5141e96ab4316.jpg

The Toaster g4 mac
TK1zcumZeWUagAXDdz2HUgfImyX8BNgpb-EailsHvpm6Uw6LF6JUgpBM7QpZgVaw-bVnH22cCroIZvdz-4seK1ZVjC01l-GWi2D_CQ

The Xenon Dev Kit. Sorry - Power Mac G5's.
macpro-240.png

And the 2018 mac mini. I like it's minimal, ultra sleek look(Couldn't find a picture small enough).

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The original ipod nano had a really good design. I personally think the all metal case design that came after was worse
5077595501_3b7bafa584_b.jpg

Also the iphone 4/4s is probably my favorite iphone design.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
iPhone 5s is my favourite. Looking forward to them going back to the hard edges.
and I did really love my 2012 MBPr.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The original ipod nano had a really good design. I personally think the all metal case design that came after was worse

I understand why the Nano line was retired, but boy I wish it didn't. The Apple Watch + AirPods could probably be a replacement, but I haven't had the will to figure out how to set it up since its not as user friendly as plug, sync, go.

Oct 26, 2017

This was my first Apple product. It was fucking gorgeous, but the plastic front scratched like a son of a bitch.

I'm guessing that's why they switched to metal for the follow up.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Apple had some great looking G4 towers. Had these at my college's video editing lab was impressed by their design and power.

g4_mdd.jpg

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis

I had the IIc+ (very similar to a IIe but with a 3.5 drive). It was my first PC. My great grandma got one from her bank after refinancing her home. She didn't want it so gave it to our family. I was the only one who used it. Loved that thing.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Macbook Pros are just great looking, which is why they get copied so much. Also loved the Macbook White.

Mac Pro (including G5 Pro) line had had some great designs as well, though I am not a fan of the newer ones.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I never even really liked Apple products, but the 4th gen iPad Pro 12.9" is like the most amazing device I've ever used

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
The Power Mac G5 has the GOAT computer case. And especially for the time, the MacBook Pro Retina models from 2012 to 2015 were superb. I get the feeling the latest iPad Pros are going to stand up very well over time too.

TortadeJamon

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
The Power Mac G3 and G4, the antithesis of modern Apple design... the interior was reasonably laid out and easily accessible.

AaYB0Et.jpg

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
The iPod nano was just insane when it was announced. Would still look pretty cool today. The iPhone 4 as well must go down as an absolutely timeless classic, about to be revived in this years new iPhones apparently.

Actually the iPad Mini as well is such a crazy size. It's a solid piece of kit and hopefully they'll give us a full screen Mini Pro soon, I'd love THAT.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
powerbook-g3-lombard-31-271-1.jpg

The PowerBook Pismo predated the shiny and thin era, but had extremely impressive expandability for coming out in 2000. Being able to hot swap drives and batteries is still a cool gimmick, and these things were still very usable when the Intel switchover happened.

pismo-back-panel-512.jpg

PORTS

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The G4 Cube is what made me seriously consider switching. I never bought one but I got a beautiful ruby red iMac DV+ in 2000 and never looked back.

The Apple IIc with the adorable CRT is also a favorite. I actually wish I could get a Mac in that case. I've seen hacks in the past of people who did this. Either way the IIc is just wonderful. Seriously if they had released a Mac back in the day in a similar case it'd be something I'd have seeked out.

I also really like my current Product (RED) iPhone 11. I wish I could get everything in red. I want a (RED) MacBook of some sort.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
refurb-iphone7plus-jetblack

The iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black.

It's my favorite phone that I owned and I'm almost sorry that I upgraded to a white iPhone 11.