• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Design isn't just how it looks, it's how it works as well. So you can post items that might not be the prettiest things but overall work very well.

I'm going to post my very favourite ones:

First Apple product that really made me sit up and take notice. Such a beautiful design.
59e135c71f848906058b5614

Lots of pretty iPods but I liked this one the best.
ipod.png

Out of all the iPhones the 5s/SE is the best, barely beating out iPhone 4 for me.
iPhone-5s-front-and-back_thumb.jpg

Airpods are iconic, love them or hate them. They are excellently designed and very intuitive to use. I prefer them to the pros in many ways.
u_10152171.jpg

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely my iPad Pro. got the new one and im using it right now for era and other stuff and its such a step up from the first iPad. I'm just hoping for a better coding solution on here so I don't have to pick up a MacBook real soon.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The iPhone 4 and 4S remain my favourite phone design of all time.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
MTPK2_VW_34FR+watch-44-alum-silver-nc-5s_VW_34FR_WF_CO

I really love the Apple Watch still. The curves feel so organic and everything flows beautifully. I love that they're unifying this across the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
iMac designs have historically been pretty awesome and AFAIK didn't have the same heating issues as the current super-slim design.
bondi-blue-imac-2008-100756817-large.3x2.jpg

imacg4.jpg

Special shout out to the original cheese grater Mac Pro/Power Mac G5 too. If they sold this as a modern standalone PC case I'd almost certainly buy it. Also the last time the prices on it could be remotely described as "reasonable".
mac-pro-200.jpg

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
IPad Pro for sure. Just holding it is such a nice feeling lol.

i also love the Apple Pencil gen 2

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The third gen iPod Nano for sure. It was compact, big enough for the amount of music I had and looked fantastic.
s-l300.jpg

I still have it somewhere, lost the charger though.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I see a thread like this I start to wonder how many people are familiar with the company Braun or the designer Dieter Rams.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I really love my iPhone X in Silver.
iphonexrgoldreddit.jpg

Definitely my second favorite phone design and color combination.

maxresdefault.jpg

The white 5S is absolutely my favorite.

F48k9FxMVe2BDjUWqiP8K-768-80.jpg

But the 12 is taking the throne.
I just really like my apple devices in white. Never really cared for the aluminum silver or gray or black models (except for the piano black iphone 7!! that was saucey)

Now, if I could land me a ceramic white apple watch... it's so clean.
applewatch-ceramic-100681483-orig.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My favorite Apple product is probably the iMac G4. Just sheer class from top to bottom.

img_2101.jpeg

I lusted after it greatly but ended up with an eMac as my first Apple desktop as it was like half the price at the time. Still have a soft spot for that guy as well. It's still in my closet at home containing a dead HDD. Once of these days I'll dig it out and throw a SSD in there for shits/giggles.

02emac_3q.jpg

I have a real fondness for Apple's product line between 1998 and 2005. Everything after the move to Intel seems so stale and boring by comparison.

If we're talking classic Apple, the Color Classic takes the cake, though I'm also fond of the Apple IIGS and the Performa line as well. The sound of the old 3.5" Apple-branded floppy drives triggers a happiness response in my brain.

Apple_ClassColor_Running_s2.jpg

AppleIIGS.jpg

5200.jpg

Last edited:

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
iPhone 5s is my favorite from the company. Still holds up as my main iPod after close to 7 years of usage.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
iPhone 5/5s/SE, one of the recent model MacBook Air's.

I might now buy Apple stuff anymore, but their shit is on point design wise. Well, aside from the notch and Airpods.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
The current generation iPad Pros are impeccable.

EDIT: Prior to that, I'll always love the original Mac Pros as well. I worked for a film company when those came out, and we had several in the motion graphics and editing suites. They were terrific looking.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just stuff I own:

EMate - still a decent travel word processor especially after I found out the weird dead battery is actually just rechargeable AAs in a plastic shell. I don't use it except as a novelty but I legit love it.

TvxVCnv.jpg

iPad Pro 12.9 last gen and Folio keyboard - best writing tool I have ever owned for Word, Final Draft- and fantastic for tinkering, sketching and consuming media and if it were not for an insane design choice it would also be my primary review and edit tool for video and audio but Apple hobbled it by removing the aux port. Now that it supports mouse I've paired it with a Microsoft wedge and Using mouse with iOS is fantastic. Pencil is expensive but great. Shame about the "file system " but hey one day...

S5padiV.jpg

prior to that I'd use the magic keyboard with everything. Love the typing action almost as much as the folio. (If folio supported Bluetooth even via an adapter I'd use that instead...)

j6bU9o7.jpg

and finally I don't associate Apple with bargains but honestly these Mac Pro wheels are amazing. I considered buying generic two dollar steel or aluminum ones from amazon but all of them are built so poorly that each wheel spins freely in its socket. The manufacturers claim this is "by design so that you can steer whatever you're attaching them to" which is absurd and an embarrassing lie from Big Caster. Only the Apple ones are locked rigidly in one position and laser precisely engineered so that you can only roll in a single predetermined linear direction and it even allows backward AND forward! All that for a mere $700!

MLvii59.jpg

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My buddy at work has one of the new iPad Pro's, the screen on that thing is absolutely beautiful.

I love my 2019 Macbook Pro as well

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I'm a big fan of the newer imacs:

They look great.

Least favorite has to be Apple Watch. Seriously I have no idea why people want that shit on their wrist. Looks awful and literally everybody has one.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Color Classic is awesome, always wanted one of them. Had one on the bench 25 years ago when I was working in a AASP Mac shop and I was blown away.
Powerbook G4 Titanium was amazing to unbox in 2001.
Love the 2020 MacBook Air.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
The latest models of the iPad Pro. That symmetric bezel ooh la la.
Also the space gray magic keyboard.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta go with the iPod Hi-Fi

Still have mine and love it to this day. I would get a HomePod, but this thing is just too good. It even has new life using a bluetooth adapter so I can just stream everything to it.

hifi.0.png

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Hmm. I love their products, and own many of them. Airpods Pro, iPhone, Macbook Pro (keyboard doesn't bother me as much, although the space bar is starting to stick on my 2018), magic keyboard, trackpad, and iPad are all great. The jury is still out on the magic mouse, but I do prefer it to the trackpad when it comes to working on spreadsheets and other Office apps. Having all of these products in sync together has really helped me with organization, I just wish I'd made the switch from PC sooner.

The remote for Apple TV4K is a complete disaster though. The Apple TV itself is great, but the remote is so bad. I use the apps on my LG C9 now, and moved the Apple TV to an old tv, so I am stuck using it at the moment.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My iPad Pro 2018 is probably my favorite device I own. It feels like a future device every time I use it. Fantastic specs, light, form factor feels great in the hand, nice looking, high refresh screen is incredible. It makes browsing the internet and using it a delight. I think it was Will Smith (the tech one) who mentioned that using a high refresh iPad Pro feels like a window rather than a screen, and he's completely right.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Hmm. I love their products, and own many of them. Airpods pro, iPhone, Macbook pro, magic keyboard, trackpad, and iPad are all great. The jury is still out on the magic mouse, but I do prefer it to the trackpad when it comes to working in spreadsheets etc. Having all of these products in sync together has really helped me with organization, I just wish I'd made the switch from PC sooner.

The remote for Apple TV4K is a complete disaster though. The Apple TV itself is great, but the remote is so bad. I use the apps on my LG C9 now, and moved the Apple TV to an old tv, so I am stuck using it at the moment.

www.macrumors.com

Function101 Offering Alternative Apple TV Remote Control for $30

Apple unveiled its ‌Siri‌ (or ‌Apple TV‌) Remote with touch surface in 2015 alongside the fourth-generation ‌Apple TV‌, and it's never been a...

101-Function-Feature.jpg

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The Macbook Air, specifically the 2nd and later gen ones that had both decent performance and great appearance. We have plenty of nice looking, lightweight laptops now, but when the Air was released it was pretty much the only game in town.

Of course, the 13" 2011 Air is the only Apple product I've ever owned (bought it for school, sold it after), so I'm probably not the best person to decide on what a well designed Apple product looks like.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the weirdo and say iPhone 3G. I loved this thing. It had the curved plastic back, stainless steel chrome rim, and it just fit perfectly in the hand. I don't think you could scale it up to modern phone sizes, and higher quality materials for the plastic back would be nice, but it just felt so good in the hand at that time, even more so than the OG iPhone which I still have.

005cd70c02c2c8bd7b07d3cfeca82a3a-1200-80.jpg

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
www.apple.com

Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit

Put your Mac Pro on wheels with the Mac Pro Wheels Kit. The custom-designed stainless steel and rubber wheels make it easy to move your Mac Pro around, whether sliding it out from under your desk or across your studio.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Apple_MacBook_Air_13-inch_35781451_06.jpg

We still use our 2013 Macbook Air for my wife's grad school classes. It's probably the best computer we have ever owned. Otherwise, I've fallen out of love with most of Apple's lineup. Early-Mid 2010's had Apple products well ahead of the curve, I dont find that to be the case any more.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The 2015 MacBook Pro is basically a perfect laptop. I don't really have anything nice to say about the rest of their products.

Only Apple product I ever use is an Apple Tv 4K. So uh, that.
The Apple TV 4K remote is one of the biggest pieces of shit they've ever made. Irredeemably bad. I gave mine away (it was free) or I would have ordered that third-party remote that everyone is talking about.