• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fav type of seafood is

• Fish

Votes: 129 29.8%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 113 26.1%
  • Crab/Lobster

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Squid/Octopus

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • Scallops

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Oysters/Muscles/Clams

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-04-26_at_11.31.56_AM.png

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much any seafood is great, but I'm a sucker for raw oysters. They're not always in season though, so restaurants won't always have them.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Fish will always come first for me. You basically can't have seafood without it.

Shrimp will definitely be second.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
All of them!

Well, to be honest, I've tried uni (urchin gonad,) and it wasn't to my taste. I'd gladly try it again as maybe I had a bad batch? Also, imitation crab is trash food. I can taste it when it's snuck into my meal, and it gives me migraines.

If I have to choose... raw oysters. I can pound them down like it's my job. And this despite me catching hepatitis A from raw oysters as a kid.

I love shrimp, but I try to avoid eating them as the way they are harvested is destructive.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good scallops are absolutely a top-tier food. Scallops > Lobster > Shrimp/crab > Fish (although good sashimi is higher in my rankings) >>>> the rest

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
only seafood i can ever stomach is canned tuna because it doesn't really have a fishy taste to it. just the smell of fish makes me want to gag.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The one lobster roll I had when I visited Boston trumped just about every single other piece of seafood I'd ever eaten so that.

Fuck I hate being from the midwest sometimes.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Crab legs are top shelf... but shrimp is so versatile and downright heavenly... but scallops though... and grilled salmon... oh fuck, and fried calamari... but then there's lobster tail...

I'm not picking. It's all so good.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Ever had escolar? Tried it for the first time a few years back at Le Bernardin in NYC and immediately pronounced it by far the tastiest fish I've ever had. Buttery and succulent out of this world. 🤤 Seems to be very hard to come by here in the states, though.

As far as more obtainable fishes, it's hard to beat fresh Copper River sockeye.

O man yes! When I was in Hawaii is when I first had some. Amazing fish lol.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Squid is divine when cooked right.

I remember going to a place in Spain as a kid that had HUGE Squid being fried on a grill. You could eat as much as you want. I still dream about it.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Fucking Maryland blue crab, steamed. Like one of the things I look forward to most during summer - getting some people together for a crab feast and being in the DC area there are some good options. The whole experience of cracking crab and having a bunch of sides and drinking beer is just fucking phenomenal.

Raw oysters not far behind but have to be from cold northern waters, not some gulf bullshit.

Feb 9, 2018
Shrimp. I can gorge myself on them. One of the highlights of the fall for me was Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster. Shrimp scampi in particular is my favorite.

I do also like fish and crab legs, though.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I used to love shrimp, but I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to it recently. But for some reason, I can eat breaded shrimp just fine. It's bizarre...