• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fav type of seafood is

• Fish

Votes: 129 29.8%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 113 26.1%
  • Crab/Lobster

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Squid/Octopus

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • Scallops

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Oysters/Muscles/Clams

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright era what's your fav type of seafood? Anything you love above all else? Anything you hate?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love shrimp (it's my favorite food), and oysters aren't too bad, but other than that I'm not big on seafood at all.

I'm a scrawny dude with a tiny appetite and shrimp is one of the very few things I feel like I can just eat and eat and eat.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skipping the poll because I don't have just one fave. I love shrimp, oysters, clams, crab, lobster, and many kinds of fish. Love seafood. Will take portions from all seafood haters.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
When I used to live in Spain, fried whitebait (Boquerones Fritos) was my absolute fave. Had to crunch down on the bones in the larger ones so you didn't choke.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fish and shrimp person here, but slightly more partial to shrimp.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Canned tunna i guess. I don't really eat seafood except for in sushi which... i can't really tell what fish is what to be honest.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
1. Fish
2. Shrimp
3. Oysters
Love Fried Oyster Po'Boys. Thankfully there's a great place nearby that serves 'em.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
oysters are incredible both raw and fried, but there are so many different kinds of fish it's hard not to go with fish
best kinds of shrimp are shrimp cocktail and shumai. otherwise I'm kind of not a fan
grilled octopus is incredible but very few restaurants do it well

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I only eat fish from those things. Hate the smell and appearance of shrimps and other things aren't that common in Iran.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Fish. I used to eat prawns but one night many years ago I was really sick and prawns were a thing I'd eaten recently, so it put me off them.

I also cannot stand jellied eels.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Mermaid.

p9bW06D.png

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Ahi Tuna is my life. I think my wife is sick of eating it, but I love it. Sushi, Bowls, Pan-Seared, I could eat it everyday.

(in fact.. I'm having it for lunch now. Thanks Era!)

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
If we're talking the classic "seafood basket" style, scallops are the best but I almost never have them anymore. Expensive!

Fish comes in so many different forms (whitefish/haddock/scrod/cod/pollock, tuna, swordfish, salmon, all the kinds that appear in sushi, etc.) it's hard not to put that at the top overall. But, when I voted I was thinking more of the seaside shop style; the platters served with cole slaw and tartar sauce. In that context, I just have a massive soft spot for scallops.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I love all types of seafood, but crab and lobster should not be lumped together. The taste and texture difference between them is significant (I love both though).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
seared scallops are my favorite thing I never get to eat

shrimp's probably the winner overall though

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Crab > lobster > scallops > oysters

For whatever dumb reason I would get allergic reactions from eating shrimp as a kid so I haven't had it since. Makes me so sad since it limits my options with a lot of seafood based dishes.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I find it very odd that crab and lobster are together. Crab is my favorite. I do not really like lobster at all. Shrimp is my number 2 so I voted for that.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Voted Shrimp because it what I'm most likely to eat. In reality it might be octopus but I don't get the chance to eat it often but and when I do I usually feel extremely guilty since they're so smart.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Fish fish fish. And chips. Or as sushi.

I like crabs and octopi too much as animals to enjoy eating them. HOWEVER I will make an exception for tacoyaki anytime I'm in Japan because dear lord.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I love all seafood but my fave has to be any kind of shellfish, especially lobster and crab. I fuckin hate how I can't easily get lobster rolls at my local grocery store down here in South Florida despite them selling lobster.

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
"Fish" as a general category is too broad. There are some fish that I love and could eat all the time and there are fish that I just do not enjoy.

Shrimp was my choice simply based upon the nature of shrimp being so versatile!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Lobster. I'd eat it every day if I could afford it.
Fresh oysters are a close second. I like it all though.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Specific types for me are salmon and mackerel. Cannot get enough of either. Any type of salmon is fantastic. Wild, farmed, tinned or smoked. Same for mackerel. The tinned stuff in tomato sauce is good enough to be eaten as-is.

Cheap fish fingers, too. Yum!

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
1.) Puerto Nuevo style lobster ; fresh local lobster cut in half and fried in bacon lard. Served with fresh flour tortillas, pico, frijoles, and ice cold cerveza. Best meal on the planet.

puerto_nuevo_lobster_restaurant.jpeg

2.) Hilsha fish in a mustard sauce in Bangladesh or West Bengal ; local river fish prepared in local mustard seeds and sauce. Bonus points if you ge the egg!

Shorshebata-Ilish-Maach-Hilsa-Fish-In-Mustard-Curry-Recipe-1175052727.jpg

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Freshwater crawfish is up there in my top three of things to eat, so that.

But I love seafood in general. Moules-frites is another favorite. And really good shrimp, mmm.

I had a bowl with 2kg of crawfish on new years eve.

20201231-194829-7437.jpg

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Shrimp is okay once in a while but I could (and sometimes do) eat fish every day.

I would eat a lot more crab and lobster too if it wasn't so expensive or more readily available.

I don't touch that poison booger stuff though.