• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sure, my car is an angel. My 4K TV is a skinny legend. Apple Watch is convenient and slick. My MacBook Pro grants me the abilities to GIF video games and for that I'm so thankful.

But my favorite? The comfort and love beyond all others?

I love my iPhone.

My most used computing device and most useful tool I have. It does so much and is so easy to grab.

iPhone-X-Go-to-Home-Gesture-GIF.gif

What's your favorite tech you own?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
PSP with a 512GB SDcard. All the games. All of them.
Even have a 2019 game on there. The one from Black Mirror - Nohzdyve. Great little party game to pass around.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Because I'm too lazy to choose:
  • Custom-build gaming PC
  • iPhone XR
  • bluetooth headphones

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
My iPhone wins by default, i guess?

Like ... AirPods, Switch, AppleWatch, they're great too, but the iPhone is simply at the center of so many things i do.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
This pink Galaxy S10. Shit is fucking beautiful.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I shit on Apple as a company a lot but my MacBook is one of the best investments I've ever made. Amazing notebook and still going strong after 5 years.

Also I really love my xperia z3 compact. With a custom rom it still does everything I need. I just love the feel and form of this phone.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Honorary mention to my Technics SL-1200 MKII. Indestructible tank life.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
My iPhone

Can use it for browsing, checking email , checking weather, listen to music, make calls or do text, play games, write notes, take pics or vids, etc

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
my bicycle.

in germany in the city I use my bicycle to get around everywhere every day, when I need to use the Straßenbahn/S-Bahn/U-Bahn, I take it with (outside of rush hour).

I never drive my car in the city. thinking of getting an e-bike too.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Last summer we were low on funds, so I drove for two months with no air conditioning in my car. My commute is an hour at least. I wanted to die.
2 years back, mid August I'm broke as shit and AC goes out at home I had to try and sleep and it was between 85-90 by the time I got it fixed 2 weeks later I felt like I had died and that I was in literal hell.

Found out it was really the only thing I can't live without.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Philips XL airfryer and my kitchen white Amazon echo show for recipes and timers and conversions and music and loads more. Echo is the best kitchen gadget I've ever had.

Then my Yamaha ysp 5600 Atmos Soundbar which is as close to magic as any tech I own. Closed eye surround immersion with a single front mounted speaker and sub woofer under the couch and the fidelity and 3d are on par with my buddy's discreet pioneer receiver plus discrete 7.1 Harmon Kardon speakers.

Only issue is you can't pass through 4k and HDR unless you split them out so there's a hundred dollar splitter in the mix but otherwise it's almost literally perfect.

TV is staying for a few more years but I am tempted every day by LG oled.

Oh and my car doubles as an incredible mobile office for phone, Skype and Teams meetings and has the second quietest cabin on the market beaten only by Rolls Royce phantom. While costing a tiny fraction of the Rolls sticker. And it has an nVidia virtual dashboard.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
My Mavic Air Drone.

2hyi2iu.jpg

2r5uerk.jpg

Just staring to fly, but goddamn I'm loving every minute of it, it's amazing the amount of tech in that tiny package.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like phone would be the default answer...

Other than that? AirPods. So convenient. I take them everywhere. I use them constantly. I forget they are in my ears.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
my PC. i couldn't live without it. i could easily go without my PS4, Switch, or smartphone but not my PC.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my iPad Pro, its that versatile, sleek and portable hub where a lot of my other tech often converges. Mac for work via Luna, PC games via Steam Link, raspberry pi via SSH etc, smart home accessoires, NAS / Infuse...

Nov 23, 2017
I'm so used to tech that I don't even think about the enjoyment factor of tech all that much. It's just part of who I am. I work in tech and I play with tech. It's my life so this is a hard choice. I guess I'll go with my PC. I built it from scratch myself three years ago and it can still play the new games decently.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
Currently my recently aquired google home. It's connected to my raspberry pi with Domoticz on it and now I can enjoy home automation through voice control.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Probably my Freiburger Trommelsextant (drum sextant.) It's beautiful though I'll probably never have much opportunity to use it. Perhaps for measuring the seasonal wobble of the pole by repeated sightings of the pole star. I think it may just be up to an observation of such precision.

Also possibly the Keuffel and Esser 4081-3 Log-Log Decitrig mahogany 10" duplex slide rule. I own a couple of these, they're utterly gorgeous with engine-ruled celluloid scales.