• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What’s your fav cut of steak

• Ribeye

Votes: 141 47.5%
  • Filet Mignon

Votes: 54 18.2%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • T-bone

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • New York Strip

Votes: 39 13.1%
  • Skirt

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Tbone for the varied textures and flavor. NY strip for the cost and beefy flavor. Dry brining NY strip really turns it into an amazing cheaper cut.

I feel like ribeye is a bit overrated.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Ribeye is great but most times it's just too much. A beautiful medium rare Filet Mignon is the shit.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ribeye, but it's expensive, so I generally just buy Sirloin or NY Strip depending on what's cheaper that day...usually Sirloin.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
People who ask for steak cooked longer than medium rare are the same animals who'd pick the 30fps mode in Demon's Souls.

Ribeye is king

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm looking for a treat it's gotta be that ribeye.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Filet is the delicacy when done right, espeically with a good topping, but ribeye is kind of the all around pleasing one.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Ribeye's kind of the ultimate in terms of fat content and flavor combined with tenderness—particularly the cap—but I do quite like a striploin also, and may choose that if I'm not sharing with anyone. Love a hanger steak too, in terms of less common cuts.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I'm a cheap date. My favorite steaks are always nice fatty chuck steaks. Give it a decent marinade, sear it nice and crusty to medium rare... Ahh. Good times, nice and fatty. On par or better than most expensive cuts I've had, just gotta put in a little extra effort.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
ribeye is so variable, i feel like ive gone to the same place and the ribeye i get ranged from amazing to mediocre purely based on the cow

cant deny at its best it is very impressive though

ny strip is very dependable

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Can't go wrong with a 1 1/2 inch ribeye. Perfect balance of size and flavor. Filet mignon a close second, even though it's a bit lean. That texture is just out of this world.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Rib Eye or filet mignon.

I remember hearing a story about someone who showed up at a BBQ with a slab of London Broil! No marinade or anything, fresh from the supermarket.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I liked ribeye but do like me a t bone. Speaking of t bone that is my nickname as well.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Voted skirt, but as a proxy for hanger, which has huge amounts of flavor and good tenderness (if prepared right) while still being lean.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
A bit to the side of what you're asking, but I'm a fan of pork shoulder steak. It's pretty cheap and goes great with mashed potatoes.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Chuck Eye Steak (sometimes called delmonico) is my favorite cut.

Its basically a Ribeye steak with more cap. Its previous 4 inches on the rib before its starts becoming ribeye. Its a little tougher but more flavorful.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Rib for availability.

Absolute favourite is hangar steak but it's hard to get.

Skirt for fajitas or stir fries. Also hard to get here in Canada.