• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
how much alcohol? 3 or fewer drinks doesn't do much. in general, alcohol by a lot, though. most overviews of mushrooms show negligible harm or positive effect; the net effect of alcohol is calculably devastating

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
lmao alcohol is much worse for you. You can't even OD on shrooms (LSD too)

If anything, (not a doctor don't take my advice!) shrooms are beneficial.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Any and all hallucinogenics or psychedelics are worse than alcohol as far as your brain goes. I fear for the future of the world.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The worst you'll get with shrooms, physically speaking, is vomiting if you do it on an empty stomach/don't chew 'em up enough. (Why I recommend infused shroom tea).

Alcohol? Well...technically that should be illegal due to all the deaths it causes but...tax money! Yay!
I'm going off of physical issues, here btw. I know shrooms don't jive well with some people with mental illness but you won't ever die ingesting shrooms.
Any and all hallucinogenics or psychedelics are worse than alcohol as far as your brain goes. I fear for the future of the world.

Nah, guy. You're talking out of your ass.

Oct 27, 2017

This is objectively wrong.

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

most_dangerous_drugs.0.png

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Use of a gendered insult against another member
Just do both pussy.

Oct 26, 2017
Probably alcohol but is much rather hang out with someone who has a few drinks every day than someone who is always on shrooms

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Health wise alcohol easily (assuming you mean binge drinking).

Shrooms can fuck you hard mentally though, it's a "harder" drug in that sense. Anyone can drink alcohol whenever. With shrooms you absolutely have to be in the right mindset and know what you're getting into (and have a sober babysitter just in case).

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shhh, don't tell him about all the clinical trials being conducted with psychadelics that seem to be showing great outcomes for treating some mental health issues.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's really amazing how brainwashed most of society is from D.A.R.E and the like. They truly have no idea that the most socially accepted, everyday "drug" people do everywhere is way more dangerous than the drugs that have been demonized nonstop.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017

D.A.R.E. worked on me too. I eventually admitted my alcoholism.

Edit: with my own alcoholism as well as getting older, just watch which drug is ruining most of your family and friends lives. Particularly the drug that brings down a family (including the nonusers). Alcoholism in a family is the worst. Violence and abuse, anger, denial... I didn't even realize I lived through it until I got sober. So many dark family secrets too, often involving alcohol.

Last edited:

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
If you're predisposed to schizophrenia or psychosis psychs can make it onset faster or initiate a psychotic break, and if you're in a bad place mentally they're certainly not entirely safe, but as far as actual effects on the body/brain and danger to those around you? Alcohol is way more dangerous. Pair that with the fact that psychs have legitimate medical uses (even outside of current research they used to be prescribed for a variety of mental problems) and alcohol easily loses. Pretty sure psychs are less addictive than caffeine too, but don't quote me on that.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Alchohol is far far far worse. I say this as someone who enjoys drinking and believes it's an important part of humanity. Its fucking terrible for you. Mushrooms are incredibly safe in comparison.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
lmao alcohol is much worse for you. You can't even OD on shrooms (LSD too)

If anything, (not a doctor don't take my advice!) shrooms are beneficial.
I remember the '80s propaganda about "LSD flashbacks". The implication that if you ever took it in the past it's still in your system and can hit you out of the blue. (Spooked me as a kid.)

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I remember the '80s propaganda about "LSD flashbacks". The implication that if you ever took it in the past it's still in your system and can hit you out of the blue. (Spooked me as a kid.)

Off topic, but isn't this sort of true with meth? Like it's stored in fat cells or something and you can get high even after clean time? That stuff is scary.

Though I think that's part of the detox as opposed to the propaganda you're speaking of.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that is extremely rare to occur. They used to say it was stored up in the spine lol However, some people do get something similar. Think of it like deja vu but a flashback from when you were tripping, that mindset. Usually would happen if I would smoke weed. But that hasn't happened for years now. Very short-lived effect and seems to go away (comes and goes rarely) within a few months.

Sorry, kinda hard to explain.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Psilocybin is one of the safest drugs. You can have a bad trip and still come out feeling happier than you were before that trip. It has the potential to heal millions of people with depression and other mental health issues.

Alcohol is a addictive very powerful intoxicant that kills tens of thousands yearly.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

I can't speak for that but "perma trails" from excessive LSD use are absolutely a real thing

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, that is extremely rare to occur. They used to say it was stored up in the spine lol However, some people do get something similar. Think of it like deja vu but a flashback from when you were tripping, that mindset. Usually would happen if I would smoke weed. But that hasn't happened for years now. Very short-lived effect and seems to go away (comes and goes rarely) within a few months.

Sorry, kinda hard to explain.
I remember that "stored up in your spine" thing. Then one year I got shingles, and found out that it was chicken pox stored in your spine. 💁‍♂️

Feb 10, 2018
I have done both,
And more detail is needed OP.
It is not a simple cookie cutter answer, because people are different and amount of drugs has different effects.

Based on my own experience, I would rather get fucked up on booze then fucked up on mushrooms.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was having a flashback once, but a baby redback had bitten me while I was half asleep.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Only a fair comparison would be if all drugs on that list had the same availability and legal status as alcohol. Alcohol is going to have higher numbers because it has a vastly higher number of users.

It's not just "volume." Alcohol withdrawal is an incredibly dangerous thing and if not managed properly alcohol withdrawal will ABSOLUTELY kill you.

likewise excessive alcohol will wreck your organs and send you into liver failure. That is NOT the case for Mushrooms, LSD, Ecstasy, Marijuana, Tobacco, etc.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
No one with a medical degree is testing the treatment of PTSD, depression and anxiety with the use of alcohol. We've all seen how that turns out.

Mushrooms on the other hand are doing positively well in that front and they're also way more fun recreationally.