• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts On The Movie?

• Loved it!

Votes: 209 23.5%
  • Liked it!

Votes: 243 27.3%
  • Alright Movie!

Votes: 207 23.3%
  • Didn’t Like it!

Votes: 132 14.8%
  • Horrible!

Votes: 98 11.0%

• Total voters

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So this had how much hype around the announcement of it being made officially to the day it came out and then the hype died down. This makes me ask what did everybody think of it? It's four hour long but I will say it works fairly well. It's miles better then the theatrical cut and I think it's also better then Batman v Superman. I think it's a solid movie with some great action sections. The biggest bummer is the lead up they were going towards. I like the tease of who the big bad was and he was coming now but sadly the next film will never come.

what about the rest of you era?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You're never going to find a consensus on it.

I think it's a better film than the Whedon version by a pretty wide margin, but it's still a bad movie overall. It definitely contains the single best on-screen representation of the Speed Force in any Flash adaptation up to this point, though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's overall pretty good, does Cyborg justice, and has one of the best third act of any superhero film ever.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I didn't like it

biggest issue is how every scene felt like it went on for way too long

case in point the chase scene in themyscira where the scene lingers on the Amazons looking over the ocean for like what felt like an eternity before steppenwolf continued his attack

like what was the point of needlessly drawing that out? whedon's cut is whack as well but I found this scene infinitely better in that cut because there was never a moment to breathe or pause which really gave you that sense of desperation the Amazon's felt and strangely enough made cgi bad guy way more menacing (what is funny is the guy has a better design but comes across as a bigger loser in this version)

my favorite part of this film is honestly the extended epilogue because it's so batshit insane I couldn't help but find it entertaining as opposed to the rest of the film which is a monotonous, disjointed bore

Last edited:

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
It is of course quite long but I consider it a major improvement over the theatrical cut. Steppenwolf is actually a lot better here, and Victor's story is essentially an origin movie within this film. It's criminal how much of Cyborg was removed from the Whedon cut.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
It's definitely much better than the original cut but it's still not worth spending four hours on.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"Meh it's ok I guess"

Anyone who thinks that it releasing as a cut down version of what we got would've elevated DC to maximum success is delusional

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't care for it, just like the original film. They're pretty much just as bad, but in different ways.

Nov 7, 2017
I actually….liked it
I felt the same with this movie as I did with Man of Steel. I guess it's not a good movie according to critics bur I ended up thinking about it for a long time and really enjoyed it especially on rewatch

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Better than theatrical for sure but it's also 4 hours long which was way too long (I had to split it up over 2 nights). Don't have any desire to watch it again unlike most of the MCU films.

Paragon

May 5, 2018
It's a noticeable improvement on both Josstice League and Batman v Superman but I still wouldn't call it a good movie either. Honestly, if I didn't watch it with friends I probably would have turned it off half way through because four hours is just way too much time to spend with Synder's version of the DC Universe.

Highlights are Cyborg and the final battle, lowlights are Steppenwolf, the epilogue and Snyder ruining a really good scene with Lois and Martha in order to shoehorn Martian Manhunter into the film.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was an absolute slog that should have been 2 and a half hours max. There still exists a better version of Snyder's cut, if he just trusted an editor.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cut the epilogue and you have a pretty decent movie. That joker stuff is extremely terrible.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
All it really needed to be to be considered successful was better than the theatrical cut, which it easily was.

And it succeeded that and was easily Snyder's best work since Dawn of the Dead.

But it was still kinda subpar despite being an actual movie with acts and characters and arcs and whatnot.

In conclusion: shrug (I wish there was a poll option that said "I didn't like it, but sure, fine, why not")

Aug 13, 2019
There's a bit I like, basically the stuff with Cyborg and The Flash, but there's a lot I don't like. I'm glad he got to make it though.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Snyder's best DC film but still hovers around mediocre with the occasional dip below. Final scene is up there with some of the all time worst.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I pretty much hated the theatrical version. The obvious reshoots (Affleck pre and post botox I assume, the CG Superman lip, the horrible attempts at humor added in), the nonsensical story points (the bug dudes explode into the motherbox shapes?), the stupid looking villain, etc.

I wasn't expecting much from the Snyder Cut, I thought it would be different and maybe a little better, but I actually found it improved enough to be a somewhat decent movie.

Cyborg is a much more interesting character (makes it suck we never got a standalone movie with him), Flash has more opportunities to shine, the CG badguy looks and sounds much better and has at least an ounce more depth to his character, and the story works a lot better overall.

It's not perfect of course, some of the added scenes feel stupid, overly long, or pretentious, like the woman singing as Aquaman leaves. The Martian Manhunter stuff wasn't great, especially the end scene with him. And the Wonder Woman theme was perfect as is, it didn't need extra chanting before it kicks in.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it. To me it shows that Snyder was always right about the DCEU.

Good for him!

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I like it but I also view the Martian Manhunter and the extended Knightmare scenes as just fan service that aren't really any part of the movie. In my mind that makes it easier to really say that I enjoy it and would put it in the top half of my superhero movie list. (Right around the middle overall.)

Would have been cool if they could have used Green Lantern at the end the way they wanted. Another reason why I just look at the MM stuff s as Fan service separate from the movie.

Edit: also I wish I could have gotten a Snyder WW movie. Seeing him treat Themiscyrae (sp?) with the same reverence he treated 300 was really cool and I thought gave respect to the amazons in a way that Whedon never could.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I still think the Flash climax scene is one of the best superhero sequences I've ever seen. Someone's gotta have the gif soon

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it, and I absolutely hated the Joss version.

I am also a BvS lover for what it's worth lol

Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever eaten a whole block of cheese? Like a big block, not one of those little sliver thingies you can get at Walmart for $2.

And then later in the day you get some extra spicy Thai food or something else that makes you regret eating it as you're still eating it?

And then the next day, you're on the toilet because your intestines are on fire but you can't stop the burning until you force out the fist-sized brick of cheese-hardened shit blocking the exit?

So you have to push and push and grunt and sweat and curse your god and your ancestors until all that pushing gives way to a satisfying plop-and-splash?

Then you're suddenly shitting lava and it burns your anus like fire, which hurts like hell, but you find yourself thinking, "This fucking sucks, but at least it's better than before"?

It's exactly like that.

never

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the original movie was horrible, but I actually liked the Snyder cut.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The Martian Manhunter stuff wasn't great, especially the end scene with him.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention this. The scene where Martha and Lois had a big heart-to-heart but it turned out it was Martian Manhunter was extremely insulting and for a four-hour movie there's so little presence of women talking to women (outside of referring to a magic fucking box) that having that scene end with a twist of a character at the end was actually really insulting and basically nullified the character work that was happening there. Like that didn't need to happen at all except for Snyder's need to insert future sequel hooks he knew he would never get to grab on to and that's shitty.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well I didn't bother with the Wheded Cut so the Snyder version is the only one I saw and I liked it for what it was. you won't see me banging WB's doors for this universe to be reexplored tho.

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
Zack Snyder cut is a must watch comic book movie, imo. My wife and I loved it (But I admittedly like Snyder's style for the most part)

It's the top 10 of films based on comic books, imo

Never saw the Whedon cut so maybe that helped

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved watching it with friends over discord in two halves, one of the better super hero movies.

It was great watching the original release like a few days before, the differences were blowing our minds.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I no key loved it. Thought the Whedon one was meh mess, was supremely disappointed in BvS but this one …totally worked for me.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
An improvement on the theatrical release, but still a dogshit terrible take on the characters and a bad movie, as all of Snyder's DC movies have been.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
instead of a large, but ultimately easily passable turd it's now a long, stringy, 4 hour turd that you have to start, stop and strain to get all the way through

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
An old co-worker watched the black and white version 4 times in the weekend it came out, so I csn only assume it's good?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
ehh-its-alright.gif

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I like it a good amount, but yeah that runtime means I'm probably not rewatching it anytime soon. Could've been 20-30 minutes shorter and been a better movie for it.