• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Couldn't care less about clothing.

So probably my wedding suit.

I won't buy any piece of clothing unless it's $20 or less.

My jeans are $80 jeans, but I bought them at an overstock store for $20.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care for clothing brands. The market is just such a mess with no real price point to reference that I don't even want to do shopping since everything seems like a scam. I buy like – what I perceive as – two midrange brand pieces for more formal occasions a year to slowly grow variation but don't think I've got any single item that was more than 100 bucks. Like with most others, my suit was probably the most expensive (if you don't count watches).

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
We have a lot of expensive sneakers in our household 🤫 Balenciaga, Fear of God, Fendi, Rick... idk if it's the best use of money lol, but at least we're wearing the stuff instead of having them sit in a box in the closet.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$250 winter jacket. I can't imagine spending more on clothing. Usually it's below $100 but I buy clothes like once a year lol.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple of Veilance and Arcteryx jackets.

Some Allen Edmonds shoes.

Mission workshop merino, jackets, and backpacks.

Ethically made, great warranties and repairs. All worth the money.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
$300 for a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers

~$260 for a pair of South Beach Air Jordan's.

Really I only want to spend money on shoes but besides that not much else clothingwise.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
What do $600 shoes look like?
They look like this. Not too crazy but I've got the more expensive versions of these the High tops and I needed to finish my collection.

750X48H.png

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
A Burberry trench coat when I was in London in 2012. I've probably worn it like 4 times since.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
About a £1000, fully kitted out kilt outfit for my wedding. My wife's dress cost the same but I've worn mine more than once, so there you go.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
A $28 pair of jeans, was a lot of money for a piece of clothing but it's the most expensive clothing item I've bought.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
About £120 for a Diesel jacket.

If we're talking accessories too then my vivoactive 3 which was around £200.

Nov 23, 2017
In ratio to price point, I spend $25-$30 a pair of socks for my boyfriend. I get him heavy alpaca wool socks. They're the only ones that will last longer than a year without getting a hole. And I have to drive about two hours away to get to the store. Plus it helps with keeping his feet warm since he has nerve damage and numbness.

He does have a collection of Thur-lo socks that I got at a store closing sale. I'd buy like 10 pairs every price drop, so between $3-$5 a pair. Normally they're closer to $20 and fairly often on sale.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In ratio to price point, I spend $25-$30 a pair of socks for my boyfriend. I get him heavy alpaca wool socks. They're the only ones that will last longer than a year without getting a hole. And I have to drive about two hours away to get to the store. Plus it helps with keeping his feet warm since he has nerve damage and numbness.

He does have a collection of Thur-lo socks that I got at a store closing sale. I'd buy like 10 pairs every price drop, so between $3-$5 a pair. Normally they're closer to $20.

yeah socks n underwear from Lululemon men's

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Junya Watanabe x Levi's jacket, kind of. Probably retailed around $1k but I got it for about ~$200 using some PayPal money.

Retail-wise, perhaps a Noah winter parka at around $425.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
£400 for a blue calfskin jacket I bought in Italy.
Next closest is like £45 for some trousers lol.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
In Autumn I bought a Gloverall duffel coat. I think it was 5000 SEK, which is about 530 USD apparently.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I almost spent 250€ on a TNF Nuptse 1996 down jacket last month. Will wait for sale because 250 is completely overpriced.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
$350 for a pair of David Kind eyeglasses after getting $100 slashed off. But for something that's less functional, $250 for some good, entry-level boots from Meermin.

At this point, I'm basically starting to buy all my clothes used. So I'll probably get some stuff that would be valued at a lot more soon, but it'll be for a fraction of the price.

$3300 for a fursuit.
I don't know anything about fur suits, but how much of a pain are those to clean? I'd be so scared of getting stuff on them, especially since I'm sure it's a lot harder to see through the helmet.

Quinnzel

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
£120 for my first pair of Dr Martens boots (black and white paint splatter) have had them for years now, best pair of boots I've ever owned but murder to break in.

Oct 27, 2017
Woah some of the things here are expensive. Here I thought I was crazy for spending $250 on a pair of weightlifting shoes lol.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Bespoke suits can easily hit a grand+; those are my biggest money sinks; but it's a semi-expectation in my career.

Otherwise dress shoes... like $400/pair. But I have several pairs that will be ten years old next year and they still look great, even wearing them at least once a week around the year.

And I splurge on Sneakers.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have an Arc'teryx ski jacket that was like a grand. A few other around that price point, so $1000ish.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Bespoke suits can easily hit a grand+; those are my biggest money sinks; but it's a semi-expectation in my career.

Otherwise dress shoes... like $400/pair. But I have several pairs that will be ten years old next year and they still look great, even wearing them at least once a week around the year.

And I splurge on Sneakers.
Shoes and suits are things every man should spend max dollars on (among other things, ofc). I think all the conditioning of those $25-$200 gym shoes wearing out in months have made people averse to spending on shoes in particular.

Shoes so good and durable that you simply re-sole them rather than buy new ones is a revaluation for this generation akin to trying out an SSD for the first time.

Deleted member 18192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$1100 for a jacket from prettygreen

Most my sneakers were $150 to $200 but I have around 30 pairs, I have a problem 😅