• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the go to mic everyone uses for PC gaming these days while using separate nice headphones?

Is it still a Zalman clip on?

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the budget. I'm currently rocking one from Antlion, one of the best under 100 I'd say.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Honestly, you're fine going and looking online 'Best PC headsets 2019' or something.

I would still recommend the Blue Snowball if you can get it for like £30 or so. I started with the Blue Yeti but then moved into XLR setups.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this: TONOR Mic/Pop Filter/Scissor Arm/Shock Mount about 10 months ago and it's worked great for me. Doesn't require phantom power to work and audio quality is great for the $30 price tag, it also attaches to my desk and can be rotated out of the way so I don't have to worry about it being in my face or on my headphone 24/7. Something to think about if you're fine with mounting something.

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
i bought 2 yetis and both got fried due to static shock. wearing cotton and on carpet is bad :(
i moved to xlr condenser mic and nvr look back. no more worry of static charhe killing my mic. well i move to a place without no carpets too now.

for budget, why not just get headset with buildin mic? like the hyper x cloud etc stuff?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Fifine K669B is only about $30 and is pretty solid. Linus tech tips has a video where he recommends it over a few other mics.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I'd say the Zalman one you mentioned or Antlion ModMic/V-moda BoomPro for convenience. Don't buy a Blue Yeti or whatever for online gaming as no one cares what you sound like anyway.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Been using a Zalman clip on for the past 11 years. Had to replace it twice, but at $8 a piece? Who cares.