• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even five minutes into the first episode of that recent show Warrior, and I am all the way in

"That's the wrong question." Fuuu-

What's your answer?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Watching someone on stream play Nier years ago

"WEISS YOU DUMBASS" comes on

Sold. 100%.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Can't think of any really early ones, but attack on titan shocked me when a major character got eaten

Oct 26, 2017
Saw a video of the tutorial area of Demon's Souls (PS3) and I pretty much instantly got exactly what the game was about. My overwhelming thought was "I need to play this game!" This was way before it had a Western release so the next day I tracked down a second hand Asian copy (which had English text) on Ebay and paid about £55 for it.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay footage of For Honor. And the game delivered!

I'm really hoping for a next gen sequel (featuring representation for indigenous American civilizations added to the roster and campaign!) with 60 fps minimum on consoles and cross play, cross compatibility, etc.

Also, Sekiro's first gameplay trailer. There was a segment that looked straight out of the crazy parry spree from a SF3 tournament. That's another game that totally delivered.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Control.

Hearing it was SCP:The Foundation: The Game sold me on it instantly.

Its one of my favorite games.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
The earliest example I can think of is Pokemon. Watching the tape from Nintendo Power blew me away. Honestly, all the VHS tapes that NP sent pretty much hooked me 100% instantly. I was a huge Nintendo fan as a kid.

Dec 21, 2017
Does the "Platinum Games" logo count? That's an instabuy for me.

One game followed that up with "Nier New Project", and I liked the first enough to be interested.

Nier Automata came out and won game of the decade.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
1 minute into the first pacific rim trailer

www.youtube.com

Pacific Rim - Official Trailer 1 [HD]

http://www.facebook.com/pacificrimmovieIn theaters July 12thFrom acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes "Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures P...

"ok so it is apocalyptic this sound cool
guilhermo del toro ok you got my attention
kaijus that is interesting
...is that GLaDOs ? weird but awesome
....and mechas ? are you saying DEL TORO is making a movie where MECHAS fight KAIJUS ????"

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
When I read the short blurb explaining that the writer/artist of 2 of my favorite manga- Shudan and Molester Man- was re-uniting with the writer he worked with to create another one of my favorite manga-Masturbation Master Kurosawa- to create a new manga series about something that I love to death and assumed no one gave a shit about - Magic the Gathering in the exact period of 1997-1999.

My favorite creative team getting to create a loving work about an incredibly niche topic near and dear to my heart? I was sold before I saw the first page!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Similar, but sword boat.

u3VZLs.gif

More oldschool as a kid, the Enterprise blowing up is what got me into Trek.

DeterminedTestyArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Shadow of the Colossus -- saw a couple screenshots in a magazine. Now that I think about it, this was probably the first game that I bought myself. Rode my bike to the store and all that

Nightcrawler -- (the Jake Gyllenhaal move) saw one trailer for it

Anything from del Toro

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Probably when I was a kid and they showed the first spongebob ad preview for the first time. I remember literally seeing it every day after school leading up to the first episode being beyond hyped when it finally started. Ended up being the right choice to get hyped for it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. Before the movie even begins, while the opening titles are still coming up, you're treated to this BOP and you know you're in for something special:

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Not counting properties or creators I don't have prior history with (otherwise I can say I'm already sold on Kingdom Hears IV or Cuaron's imaginary next movie lol), I'd say the poetry collection Look by Solmaz Sharif. I stumbled upon a poem of hers during a library session and without knowing who she was, who her influences were, or that she had a book, I already knew I had to read more.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Knight commercial immediately following the freighter explosion on Lost. I think it might have been this one:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Went to a concert and the opening act was a band called Planet Booty. Never heard any of their stuff and then three guy came out and basically did an on stage version of the opening of this music video by them.

After that opening speech I was a mega fan.

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017
I sleep with the TV on and woke up at 3AM to a guy angrily destroying his talk show set and then singing about Chiquita Bananas. I caught every episode of The Eric Andre show from that moment forward.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Watching someone on stream play Nier years ago

"WEISS YOU DUMBASS" comes on

Sold. 100%.

Came here to post this. Didn't know anything about the game except people had told me the music was amazing, but I was completely in when that sequence played before I started the game.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Joaquin Phoenix playing The Joker. Not even Todd Phillips would deter me, I knew it would be good with Joaquin

Also, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have a gift for choosing opening tracks on their albums.

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017

www.youtube.com

Pacific Rim - Official Trailer 1 [HD]

http://www.facebook.com/pacificrimmovieIn theaters July 12thFrom acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes "Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures P...

"ok so it is apocalyptic this sound cool
guilhermo del toro ok you got my attention
kaijus that is interesting
...is that GLaDOs ? weird but awesome
....and mechas ? are you saying DEL TORO is making a movie where MECHAS fight KAIJUS ????"

I was sold on when I first read the one sentece synopsis years before the actual movie.

"Humans use giant robots to fight monsters from the ocean depths, directed my Guillermo del toro."

YES PLEASE.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The intro for The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver had an effect that no other game/movie has been able to replicate on me.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if it's a sequel announcement to something I'm already a big fan of, I'm probably sold from the get go

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MGS2
Those clips on IGN, back in the day, sold tf outta me. I KNEW it would be great and there was no question about it.

May 24, 2019
I'm guessing one second into many trailers or songs.
Also the very first news of something happening if I'm excited about the people involved.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
People kept telling me to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but I ignored it and never saw anything of the show.

Then I saw this clip posted and within a month I'd caught up on 8 seasons or so.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"From Software announces new action-RPG directed by Miyazaki, in collaboration with George RR Martin as lore writer"

There. No need to see more. I'm already in.

The intro for The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver had an effect that no other game/movie has been able to replicate on me.
^5

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

I was sold on both the Beatles and the Beatles Rock Band after seeing this trailer in 2009.