• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you going to do with your XOX?

• Keep it

Votes: 194 27.0%
  • Sell it

Votes: 308 42.8%
  • Watch

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Watch Thor: The Dark World on it

Votes: 130 18.1%
  • Whats an Xbox?

Votes: 78 10.8%

• Total voters

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Sold mine for a good price a couple weeks ago.
It was a good system though, I just didn't play it often enough and I knew once the new systems were around it was going to drop in price even further.

Nov 28, 2017
Keep it since I wanted to wait for Halo Infinite to buy a Series X, or give it to my little brother when I manage to find a PS5. Might even sell it and use the money to upgrade him from the One S to a Series S.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Bedroom probably instead of using my smart TV. If I get a series s too for the bedroom , will prob just give to a friend

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I was planning keeping mine for Halo Infinite, but that seems like it's going to be a wash. Probably going to sell it, or just use it as an XCloud streaming box.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's still a fucking great console. If only AMD had been able to upgrade the CPU to something more respectible back when it launched, they might've skipped the Xbox Series S entirely if that had happened; maybe made another revision with an updated GPU/SSD.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Give it to this boy...

87d.gif

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
I'm keeping it, just like I kept almost all of my previous consoles (Dreamcast being the exception, but I was young, broke and wanted a PS2 badly).

MrTutty

Jul 7, 2020
You don't think they took advantage of it? It became very clear towards the end of this gen that games were developed with that hardware in mind and seriously scaled down for the One S (to the point where many games looked/ran like complete ass on the One S). But yes, it was always going to be limited thanks to the Jaguar CPU

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keeping mine as a 4k Blu-ray player for upstairs and an occasional gaming machine (that's what it already currently is).

Most gaming is done downstairs and on my PC.

Have a series x prordered but am thinking about cancelling it because I just bought a 3070.

Kinda want a ps5 but I'm really turned off by how massive and ugly it is, to the point of actually wanting to wait for a slim version or at least an all black version.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I keep it as my BC console. There are still many 360 games I want to play and I'm not planning to get XSX anytime soon.

Feb 1, 2018
Sold mine for a Series S. The 1X had nice graphics power and form factor but the HDD system drive really held it back with horrible loading times and UI lag

Will always hate that xboxes dont have user-accesible boot drives. Meanwhile I've been all ssd on sony consoles since PS3

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I wouldn't count on the One X being of much use for too much longer. The CPU and SSD combo in the One X is severely outdated, and I'm sure both first and third party studios are eager to take advantage of those two immediate upgrades. To be safe I'd say be prepared to leave it behind by year-end 2021.
I agree. Halo is just my favorite franchise, so I bought into only Xbox One this gen but missed out on all the PS4 exclusives. I figure I can use a PS5 to catch up on those and play multiplats until the Series X2 comes out in 2023 and Microsoft's new studios are in full gear. But as long as I can play Halo, I'm set

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I agree. Halo is just my favorite franchise, so I bought into only Xbox One this gen but missed out on all the PS4 exclusives. I figure I can use a PS5 to catch up on those and play multiplats until the Series X2 comes out in 2023 and Microsoft's new studios are in full gear. But as long as I can play Halo, I'm set
That's a great plan. My hours dedicated to gaming on PlayStation life & die by their exclusives, and it's actually the reason I'm holding off on getting a PS5 initially. But if you've got the entire PS4 exclusive library to catch up on this winter ... I'm actually kinda jealous.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
That's a great plan. My hours dedicated to gaming on PlayStation life & die by their exclusives, and it's actually the reason I'm holding off on getting a PS5 initially. But if you've got the entire PS4 exclusive library to catch up on this winter ... I'm actually kinda jealous.
Thanks! I think it's easier for me to justify getting a new console every 3 years if I also use it as an opportunity switch between Xbox/PS. Then you always getting cutting edge for multiplats while keeping access to both libraries

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the Cyberpunk one, I'll probably hold onto it for now. My original "launch" One X had some RAM die in it, so its basically a paper weight.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I sold mine to help pay for my Series X. At the moment, it's the most valuable Xbox console so it still sells for a good bit (mine sold for $280). If you have a One X and are buying a X|S soon, I think it'd be dumb not to sell yours since the new consoles can play all games that the old ones can.

Jun 17, 2018
The idea is to pick up a Series X in April/May on Xbox all Access. I'm likely going to sell off my One X and grab an extra controller and Lego Star Wars for my daughter and I to play.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping mine. I traded I OG Xbone towards XSX, but frankly I've only had my XBX for two years. Having it be the second console I can dip into BC or GP games with gets some more value out of it for me.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I feel like the move is definitely to sell it for the $200 it seems to be getting on eBay.

Would definitely flip that thing for the Seagate expansion card for the Series X.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Selling shit always seems so complicated and I don't think anyone on this board wants one.
I'll probably put it in another room and install retroarch on it

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping mine for Kinect support and can't really justify the Series X right now. I already have a decent PC so I won't really be missing out.