• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you going to do with your XOX?

• Keep it

Votes: 194 27.0%
  • Sell it

Votes: 308 42.8%
  • Watch

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Watch Thor: The Dark World on it

Votes: 130 18.1%
  • Whats an Xbox?

Votes: 78 10.8%

• Total voters

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I love my XOX, but it has to be the shortest-lived console I ever owned. And I owned a JPN launch day Dreamcast. And a WiiU.

Im kind of sore with MS that they never really took advantage of the 6TERAFLOPS. I am hoping for Halo Infinte to be the swan song of the XOX.

What about you Era! What are you going to do with your Xbox One X?

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I managed to trade my PS4 Pro to Amazon at $235 before the value tanked. Nobody wants an X1X...Gamestop trade-in is $200 but only if you are buying a nextgen console...and I'm not buying at Gamestop.

I may hang onto it for a while and see what I can do with CRT and BC with it, as a second system I mess around with.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
isn't the new series s xbox not even able to offer the same performance as the one x? or am i misunderstanding that

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I love my XOX, but it has to be the shortest-lived console I ever owned. And I owned a JPN launch day Dreamcast. And a WiiU.

Im kind of sore with MS that they never really took advantage of the 6TERAFLOPS. I am hoping for Halo Infinte to be the swan song of the XOX.

What about you Era! What are you going to do with your Xbox One X?
It's just moving to my kid's room. I don't feel sore about it. I bought a Pro and One X day one with the idea they wouldn't stick around for very long.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? I'm holding onto mine. I may not even sell it to get a Series X. Just have two consoles. Make it easier for co-op stuff and idk, I'd just like to hold onto it. Not really sure why. I guess also I just wouldn't get what I got for it. I did get it for $400 from microsoft store with a free controller which I was going to buy anyway, so $340 isn't bad, but if I sold one it'd run clean under $200. Honestly not worth it. So there's that. I'll just keep it.

Series X will just happen if/when it happens.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I already gave my Brother-in-Law and nieces my Xbox One S, because I didn't need it any more, and I suspect I will do the same with the One X so they can have an upgrade too. They use it for Roblox, Zoo Tycoon, Ori and Overcooked.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
isn't the new series s xbox not even able to offer the same performance as the one x? or am i misunderstanding that
Only for some enhanced 360 games I think

Series S will run One S versions of BC games, although apparently 4K xbox 360 games will run at 1440p or whatever because Microsoft is going back and patching them. Makes sense since they already did the testing and everything for 4K. It'll be trivial for them to change the emulation wrapper intercept or whatever it is and just make it 1440p. But this is only for 360 games.

Some Xbox One S games may get enhanced for Series S, but I really don't expect a lot beyond first party. Forza Horizon 4 is an example of a game that will be getting a 60 fps patch on Series S whereas it's locked to 30 on One S, but I mean, it's basically getting a "port" for Series S/X anyway so idk. Forza Horizon 3, by contrast, won't be getting upgraded in anyway, and will still run the same as on One S (framerate is already capped and it runs locked 30 on One S).

So yeah I'm not gonna get a One S as I still want the higher res versions of xbox one x games/better graphics/etc.. Too many games run pretty low res or are capped at 30 or whatever on One S, and even improved I don't think I really want to be limited to that minus a couple games that maybe get patched to take advantage of Series S.

A lot of people are like "well I don't care about 4K so I don't need that aspect of Series X, so Series S is fine." But like, a lot of games ran at like 720p or 900p or whatever on One S. A lot of games had less visual effects. Any unlocked framerate modes were not available. Etc.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Selling mine off, since I'm getting a Series X.

They did take advantage of the 6TF. Did you play Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Ori, FH4? Or the enhancements to Halo 5, KI etc? Or the enhanced BC?
or third party games like RDR2?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Keeping it for when I inevitably move and get an OLED when I buy a new house. I will need another 4k capable device. I'm thinking if I have enough room, I'll put the PS5 and ps4 slim on one shelf with my 4tb HDD and router - and Xbox one x and series x on the other. That way - for now, I have lots of different ways to play games on my 900e

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

They did take advantage of the 6TF. Did you play Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Ori, FH4? Or the enhancements to Halo 5, KI etc? Or the enhanced BC?

I mean, I dunno about Sea of Thieves and Ori. FH4 was designed around making sure they could do 60 on One X, so that's nice, although it's still way better on PC with an SSD.

Gears 5 though, that is a great example. It runs very crisp and solid 60 on One X and looks really good.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm actually pretty excited - I'll be keeping it as a dedicated dev machine for my little game I'm working on. Finally no more switching back and forth!

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Putting mine in the master bedroom to replace the One S in there now. Sell the One S and put it towards a Series X.

OP
OP
Tomo815

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019

Mostly BC. And MCC.

Edit: I use it to play my extensive 360 collection. I also own MCC on it. Most other games I play on PC now.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I got one in a fire sale some time ago, and i have a huge stack of games to play on it. I'm not getting a next gen console until I upgrade my TV, and I'm probably waiting for 2021 models to do that. I'll keep and use it for at least a year, but I might even just end up waiting for the next revision of next gen consoles before upgrading tbh.

Maverick-Swe

Nov 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm trying to sell my One X for 300€ but it's not going so good. It's a fine Project Scorpio edition. 3 years ago I bought it for 499€ so the price has dropped significant.
Latest bid is 250€ but I turned it down.

Tarnpanzer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Either sell it, or give it to someone in my family as a present when I get my SX.

Whats the deal with the Thor 2 jokes in every poll?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
No. Not 'mostly BC'. All the games listed there are current gen.

Well yeah, that's obvious, isn't it? Gaming PCs have much better CPUs and in many cases, better GPUs.

I mean its always true, but with FH4, there is a ton of loading. So hardly having to deal with it is a god send. Lots of fast traveling, or switching cars, or loading into the auto show. Like all of that is really fast compared to one x. It's so bad I just don't play it on my xbox.

Better than FH3 though. That was nightmarishly bad.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
well for now im keeping it. I have a powerful PC anyway so im not in a rush to get a new Xbox. However I'll wait to see how bakcwards compat stuff improves/works for the new gen and then decide. Tbh I mostly use my X to play ehannced 360 games

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Great console and I'm glad I had to it tide me over but it's being thoroughly replaced with Series X; I don't own any Kinect games so not really going to be missing out on anything.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I am going to sell it. Series X day one. It is a great console, I actually was more impressed with 4K/HDR jump than I was with the jump from 360 to the One. People always say 4K is a waste, and there is certainly some truth to that, but I think the games that offered resolution vs quality modes, looked better with the resolution.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Mine's on eBay right now. The Series X seems like an across-the-board upgrade, so there's no reason to keep it.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you ignore all the great games coming to it this year (Cyberpunk, COD, Vampire etc.) There is Halo Infinite that will come to Xbox One X, I'm sure it will look great on that system honestly.

In fact, I can't wait to see the difference with the Series S/X and One X for this game.

Once I will be done with the game on the One X, I think I will keep it as a media center as it is quite good for that (4K hd bluray, netflix, plex etc.)

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm going to keep mine, and just put it in another room. It's such a lovely console (Scorpio Ed), and hell, I've only had it three years.

I might also watch Thor: The Dark World on it.

SpitShine

Aug 26, 2019
I like to keep a working example of every console generation I've owned, so I'll hang onto it. Makes a great streaming box if nothing else.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sold mine last month to put towards my series x. That being said, i loved my one x, it is a fantastic console, and really represenative of microsofts major transformation they undertook this generation. The launch xbox one was fat, weak, overpriced, and came with so many caviats that at that point, most people just went with ps4. Then the one x came out in 2017, it was sleek, compact, quiet, and very powerful for the time. It ended up over taking my ps4 pro as my go to system for third party games. Something i could have never imagined back in 2013.