• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Shit, not like anything you could give him would make him a less effective president.

EjWY2xtWoAAFboD

U.S. President Donald Trump has received a promising but experimental COVID-19 drug still in clinical trials, according to a White House statement released Friday afternoon, following his diagnosis with the disease.

In preliminary results from a trial of 275 non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients who were treated with either the antibody cocktail or a placebo, Regeneron's cocktail reduced the amount of virus in patients' systems and helped alleviate their symptoms, the company says. The therapy worked particularly well for patients whose immune systems failed to mount a natural response to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, according to Regeneron's results.

While those are promising results, they have yet to be peer-reviewed, and Regeneron's therapy has not yet been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

time.com

President Trump Has Been Treated With an Experimental COVID-19 Antibody Cocktail. What’s That?

The President is now effectively testing an unproven drug

The president has "mild symptoms," according to his chief of staff, Mark Meadows. It usually takes several days before more serious covid-19 symptoms manifest, if they do. As long Trump isn't in the hospital, he would be classified as a lower-risk "outpatient."

For nearly any other American, that would mean being told to wait and see how the symptoms develop, because there aren't any covid-19 drugs approved for outpatients. Two treatments, blood plasma and the antiviral drug remdesivir, did receive emergency approval, but only for people who are hospitalized.

Although Regeneron's drug is not approved, many companies run "compassionate use" programs that can allow people who are not in their trials to get the treatment in special cases, and that's apparently exactly what Trump qualified for.

www.technologyreview.com

Trump just got a dose of Regeneron’s unapproved antibody drug for covid

At 74 and overweight, the president is at higher risk for serious illness.

Jeremy Faust MD, MS, Instructor in Emergency Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, left a short voice memo message on Twitter expressing concerns for the president being a "guinea pig" for a treatment that has yet to see significant positive results in clinical trials.

"I'm very concerned about the president's team giving him an unvetted, untested treatment. This has not been shown to work in clinical trials and this is a problem," he said. "Either they don't know that and can't read the medical literature [or] they do know that and they're being overridden by the president and whatever advice he may be getting from someone else who hasn't really appropriately addressed the literature and understood what it said."

www.yahoo.com

Donald Trump Is Hospitalized, Reportedly Trying Experimental Coronavirus Treatment

Reporters in the White House Press Pool confirmed late Friday that President Donald Trump, who tested positive for coronavirus alongside his wife Melania last night, was being flown to Walter Reed Medical Center for the next few days as they monitor his condition. Trump's physician, Sean Conley...

Friendship ended with hydroxychloroquine, now Regeneron is my best friend.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
But what about hydroxychloroquine??? I thought that was the break through be all end all treatment that the Deep State didn't want me to know about???

Nov 5, 2017
Trump will forever, in my eyes, will be be the "TMZ" president. Constant noise and drama, and no real effective or significant leadership.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well... if he survives this would make him a national hero for risking his neck on a unproved drug... this is how he is gonna spin it.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
this reminds me of the plot of Contagion.

trump gets covid, takes a drug, invests in said drug, gets better, gets rich

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really were just slipping him sugar pills and assuring him they were hail hydroxy, weren't they.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That must be the first cocktail Trump has had in years

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
Interesting medication history. Guy needs all the vitamin D he can get, sunlight has no chance of piercing those layers of fake tan.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Are they desperate? Why take the risk ?

Edit:ha he's friend with the CEO. Even COVID can't stop him to sell out.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know today I would learn that the President is on famotidine, but in hindsight and understanding his shit diet, that doesn't surprise me.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If he's already at the stage where they need to give him unapproved drugs, he's probably going to die right

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Didn't Trump brag about taking hydroxychloroquine a few months back?

Please tell me any sane media will throw this at their face....PLEASE.

"Oh wasn't Trump taking this medical pill hydroxychloroquine? Wasn't that supposed to help fight covid? Huh? Huh?"

Its like even after his bullshit, he gets a pass.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, and if this works, then hey, something for the public!

If it doesn't work, no big loss?

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah. Alright. This is all a media stunt. He will miraculously be "cured" of this non-covid by this new drug that he is friends with the CEOs company, and they will push this as the cure to boost his polling numbers.