• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

I'm currently using the HAG Capisco shown above. I'm fidgetty and also have an adjustable desk so this was the perfect match. This was an upgrade. I was thinking of getting a racing seat chair, but after more research, I created a shortlist between this and the Herman Miller SAYL. I used the SAYL at a previous gig--when had offices lol. Great chair.

But I learned about the Capsico from a Youtuber. She mentioned she was fidgetty as well in one of her videos so was loving Capisco. It's definitely weird looking but been loving it.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
One made by a now defunct company from Italy

Been serving me well for over a decade now

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Used to sit in an IKEA Markus, which was a good chair for occasional use. Then I started working from home and was developing minor back problems and struggled to correct them with posture and exercise, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to a Steelcase Gesture and haven't had an issue since. And I work pretty long hours at my desk sometimes! Fantastic chair.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to cycle through crappy Office Max/Staples chairs every 3-4 years. For about the same cost I bought a used Steelcase Leap from an office liquidator and I love it.
I suspect that in the next year or two it'll be pretty easy to pick up used office chairs as a lot of offices will be downsizing as more people shift to WFH.

Meeps

3D animator
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Used to sit in an IKEA Markus, which was a good chair for occasional use. Then I started working from home and was developing minor back problems and struggled to correct them with posture and exercise, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to a Steelcase Gesture and haven't had an issue since. And I work pretty long hours at my desk sometimes! Fantastic chair.

I'm actually looking to get a Gesture. Which options did you go with?

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually looking to get a Gesture. Which options did you go with?
I went with a fabric headrest version. Gunmetal billiard fabric, dark/dark frame, optional lumbar support, and hard floor wheels. I don't know whether the lumbar and headrest are necessary, but I definitely use them. The headrest lets me occasionally lean waaaaay back comfortably. For most neutral postures I don't really use it, but I like it.

I've used it 10 hours daily, with lots of shifting around, for around 7 months straight with my 3 year old frequently taking it for a spin and it still looks brand new. It's very heavy and built like a tank. Expensive, but based on how I feel sitting in it, totally worth it. I would rank it as my single favorite purchase in the past couple of years (up against things like an entire house, a new car, an OLED TV, a new PC, and a new projector, this is the one I feel best about).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
A 5 year old $50 chair from Office Depot.

And yes, my lower back hurts.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Mine is like, 12 years old so I don't even remember where I got it. It is a leather highback I got for around $250 on sale at the time. My wife modified the armrests for me and added extra padding and a super comfortable microfiber many years ago.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
IKEA Markus Chair. Looks really great, feels solid, and was cheap for how good it overall is.

might upgrade to a Herman Miller next year but high end chairs are expensive, bought a ps5 and new tv instead.

Meeps

3D animator
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I went with a fabric headrest version. Gunmetal billiard fabric, dark/dark frame, optional lumbar support, and hard floor wheels. I don't know whether the lumbar and headrest are necessary, but I definitely use them. The headrest lets me occasionally lean waaaaay back comfortably. For most neutral postures I don't really use it, but I like it.

I've used it 10 hours daily, with lots of shifting around, for around 7 months straight with my 3 year old frequently taking it for a spin and it still looks brand new. It's very heavy and built like a tank. Expensive, but based on how I feel sitting in it, totally worth it. I would rank it as my single favorite purchase in the past couple of years (up against things like an entire house, a new car, an OLED TV, a new PC, and a new projector, this is the one I feel best about).

Thank you! Yeah, I'm looking to invest in a better home office setup and the Embody was hurting my back. Hoping I can get a custom one made and not have to wait 2 months!

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Got myself a snazzy Herman Miller Mirra 2 that's super comfy and looks great (I think) to boot.

mirra-2-5-500x500.jpg

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a Secretlabs Omega right now. I had my doubts but this thing has totally converted me. It's just the right amount of firm and so comfy.

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
Herman Miller Aeron. Graphite/Polished aluminium.

Was using our dining chairs before that.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Steelcase series 2 when the pandemic started. Great decision.

I've used an Aeron before and it was better, but this one is way cheaper and has been good to me. No back pain or anything.

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Steelcase Reply Air I think, brought home my chair from the office after sitting on the edge of a bed for 12 weeks.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Steelcase leap v2

Aeron is more of an office chair and is too rigid for a home chair imo

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Hon Ignition 2.0. I purchased it back in May. This replaced the cheap office chair I purchased from Staples 12 years ago. I never realized how terrible that chair was until I started working from home lol.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Rocking this bad boy, cheapest I could find at Argos, probably not great for the spine but can relax back in it too in the evening. Am planning a proper office chair with arms and more support at some point but I can't justify it as this does the job and I have house improvement stuff to do.

6173670_R_Z001A

I lie in my bed. Sitting is so 20th century.

I might of done this once or twice when feeling under the weather too.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Some $50 office chair I got off kijiji a few years ago. It's not the best, but I like how big it is as I'm a pretty big guy.
I'd love an Aeron but I just can't see myself ever spending more than say, $300 as my upper limit on a chair. I just don't have that kind of budget for a chair.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought one of those stupid "active sitting" chairs:

It's fun to sit in, but I don't recommend the one that I specifically bought. It's literally just a cheap ass $10 stool with a weighted base to it, like what garden umbrellas have.

I've recently been alternating between standing at this high countertop I have, and sitting on my sofa.

BeeksElectric

Oct 25, 2017
Secret Lab Titan, which I got a few months ago. Was pricey but has been worth every penny so far, very comfortable and sturdy.

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Got myself a snazzy Herman Miller Mirra 2 that's super comfy and looks great (I think) to boot.

mirra-2-5-500x500.jpg

I have one of these in black. I am a big guy and most chairs cannot stand up to my magnificence, but I sit in this chair all day every day and I've had zero problems. Very ergonomic and comfy, absolutely worth every penny.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Herman Miller Aeron. Got it super cheap at a re-seller. Had to drive an hour to get one the wasnt older than a decade, but I'm happy with it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Steelcase Think v2. Before this I had the Secret Labs Titan and Ikea Markus, disliked both. This one's okay, but I'm planning on getting an Aeron as soon as I can. Would like to try other HM and Steelcase chairs too, like the Mirra or Leap, but there's exactly one store in Finland that sells Herman Millers, and they only sell Aeron. Nobody sells Steelcase chairs.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I have a AKRacing chair which was fine for gaming but not for 8 hours sitting on it, the seating fusion is fairly stiff and hard and it resulted in butt muscles hurting quite a bit.

Bought a IKEA Markus which is a bit better but sitting still hurts in long stretches