• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Idk, I don't think that should be the main focus of a conversation about the game, not today and not years ago. I mean, Fortnite also "syncs all destruction (and construction) in real time with all players", that isn't an achievement of any sort for an AAA game. It looks better because of physics (from the cloud!), sure, but is it the main focus? Is it the thing that will make the game better?

For someone who can't believe they're talking about the cloud, it's kinda of staggering you then decide to compare Fortnite building and "destruction" to Crackdown's.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I still think about how the cloud was supposed to make the Xbox a powerhouse in the long run so it's crazy to see it's only been working as intended for the last 12 months and requires a lot of effort to pull off something relatively small scale from a casual gaming perspective.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Lock on in multiplayer shooter? Yikes. That sucked ass in Max Payne 3.

GamePass tho, so who cares if it sucks.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Not the best example

I mean, have you seen Titanfall 2 AI? It's horrible compared to 1. It's a night and day difference.

Wether that's down to Azure, I can't say, but the AI in 1 is leagues above what it is in 2. And a ton more of it to boot.

IMO the entire design of Titanfall 2's multiplayer was a big step back from Titanfall 1. But I don't want to get into that rant.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this thread just reminded me I have had the game preordered on Amazon since Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016.
It is coming to Game Pass guaranteed right?

EDIT - Nevermind, I see a few Game Pass comments already. That answers that for me.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think about how the cloud was supposed to make the Xbox a powerhouse in the long run so it's crazy to see it's only been working as intended for the last 12 months and requires a lot of effort to pull off something relatively small scale from a casual gaming perspective.
Good news is, next round of games will have some form of an evolved version of what Crackdown is using, will be fascinating to watch, MS still make some of the best multiplayer games (Forza Horizon, Halo 5, Gears) so I can imagine them dreaming up all kinds of ideas. I personally would love a Gears game with the Swarm gobbling up buildings and such, seeing all that chaos crash around you would be spectacular.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
when crackdown 1 released it was dated game design. it was riding on the shoulders of the player abilities/movement which are a lot less novel these days. I have low expectations for this one being good, at least in single player. multiplayer might surprise though.

And yet, that "dated" Crackdown 1 is still awesome to play. It's just stupid fun. I just found my last agility orb late last year in 4k on my Xbox One X.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm curious why the lock on was implemented for MP and if it was some type of design trade-off in order to get the tech working as intended. Not that I'm against it... I haven't played it. It could work/be fun.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
""In effect it means that, were we to be running away from a gaggle of enemies, we could use an assault rifle to hastily carve a makeshift door into the façade of an approaching building in an effort to break line-of- sight, and that will synchronise for every player in the game without any delay."

Is this supposed to be impressive? This doesn't sound any different than building destruction in fortnite...

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Does anyone know if there's building aspects to this like fortnite, could be a missed opportunity as it is stated the game is more about traversal elements rather than mastering your weapon

I think this could be a massive game this year... The destruction combined with building can work hand in hand

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if there's building aspects to this like fortnite, could be a missed opportunity as it is stated the game is more about traversal elements rather than mastering your weapon

I think this could be a massive game this year... The destruction combined with building can work hand in hand
No.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

It's the opposite of building.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
We only had three videos, right? The X018 trailer, the X018 walkthrough and the French gameplay video?

(and we got a couple of singleplayer videos)

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
^ and another one

well you are in one
Rl8GEpX.gif