• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
quick google search

"hey that actually looks kinda coo-"

OP means this:

L6XPYnC.jpg

Very common worldwide and usually nowhere near as nice as this. Imagine molded plastic. And yes the toilet lid is the sink.

"nvm"

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
gonna remember this when there's another pee in the shower thread

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
A well designed wet room is a nice feature piece of a house.
A poorly designed wet room is a nightmare that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

Well designed wet room > standard bathroom > poorly designed wet room

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
These make a lot more sense in a perpetually hot climate, because they dry out a lot more quickly. In a place like Denmark it sounds awful.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other pics looked eurostylish, sexy af. This, however, looks depressing.

Yup but I believe this Victorian drowning booth is what the OP was complaining about as opposed to the luxurious glass walled multi-use spas elsewhere on the page. Wetroom is the right word for both but they're not at all similar.

I blame HGTV for this and "open concept" which used to be "open plan" until the Canadian imperial home improvement surge of the Oughts.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yup but I believe this Victorian drowning booth is what the OP was complaining about as opposed to the luxurious glass walled multi-use spas elsewhere on the page. Wetroom is the right word for both but they're not at all similar.

I blame HGTV for this and "open concept" which used to be "open plan" until the Canadian imperial home improvement surge of the Oughts.
How do you feel about subway tile?

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it does seem like it's just asking for mold/water problems, doesn't it

My parents have one of those giant walk in showers but you need a massive pie plate shower head to just not feel cold

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These make a lot more sense in a perpetually hot climate, because they dry out a lot more quickly. In a place like Denmark it sounds awful.

A lot of hot climates (humid too) have mold and bacteria that thrive very quickly in these things if drainage and ventilation aren't perfect. Also basically a luxury entrance lobby for multi legged jungle horrors.

Couldn't you just install a normal shower cabin if you own a place?

If you live in a typically space constrained European or asian house/apartment then you basically have to maximize every square inch. God knows how the gigantic Dutch and Scandinavians deal with this, but they often do.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
It makes more sense when the toilet is in a separate room from the bath and shower. That's how it's usually done in Japan.

The room with the tub (which is heated and has a cover on it) is also a wet room. You shower and get yourself clean, then afterwords you take to cover off the tub and soak in the hot water just to relax. The best part of taking a bath without the whole sitting-in-a-soup-of-your-own-filth thing. The best part of a wet room without the awkwardness of a toilet and toilet paper being in your shower.

In Japan they usually have what we call a "half bath" in America for the toilets in the home.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I wouldn't mind some of the nicer ones posted in this thread, but my first experience with a wet room was here in the USA at a hostel and it was basically as OP described. Tiny room with toilet, sink, and shower all within the same like 9 sq. ft. box. The toilet was covered in what I hope was water and not piss (there was probably plenty of piss in the mix, who am I kidding), the floor was covered in a pool of ice cold water that had been standing for god knows how long, and then there's the fun problem of never being able to properly dry one's feet due to the drenched floor, so the wet fun-time also extended out into the hallway in the form of footprint residue.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
So make the whole bathroom one giant slipping hazard…nope.. I'll keep my enclosed shower…

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't you just install a normal shower cabin if you own a place?

If you live in a typically space constrained European or asian house/apartment then you basically have to maximize every square inch. God knows how the gigantic Dutch and Scandinavians deal with this, but they often do.
How do you feel about subway tile?

I really like it tbh but shiplap and big metal inspirational words are a no-no. (Texan influence on Canadian diaspora)

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I stayed at an Airbnb in Scandinavia one time where the shower was just a hose crammed into a nook next to the washer/dryer.

Wet rooms are generally not as nice as some of these pics make them seem.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

I really like it tbh but shiplap and big metal inspirational words are a no-no. (Texan influence on Canadian diaspora)
You are a man of many layers

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
An AirBNB I stayed at in Seoul had a bathroom like that. I really didn't like it.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
A well designed wet room is a nice feature piece of a house.
A poorly designed wet room is a nightmare that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

Well designed wet room > standard bathroom > poorly designed wet room
Yes. A toilet right next to a shower head is such a horrible idea my brain couldn't even imagine such a thing before I saw the pictures in this thread.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
OP means this:

L6XPYnC.jpg

Very common worldwide and usually nowhere near as nice as this. Imagine molded plastic. And yes the toilet lid is the sink.

OP feel free to img embed this link https://i.imgur.com/L6XPYnC.jpg
Soooooooo I have a follow up question after being unable to unwash this image that is now seared in my brain.

Where is the toilet paper? Do you have to bring paper in with you, or do you just do some kind of maguyver bidet thing with the shower?

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Wet Rooms are awesome because fuck toilet paper. just use the shower head as a bidet or the toilet already has a bidet on it.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
love these and had my home renovated to add one for our master bath. it makes much better use of the space

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooooo I have a follow up question after being unable to unwash this image that is now seared in my brain.

Where is the toilet paper? Do you have to bring paper in with you, or do you just do some kind of maguyver bidet thing with the shower?
Wash your ass with the shower head but you already knew that didn't you

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I think your use of "most" is doing a statistical disservice to all of Europe and Asia and working class every where.

I'd love one of these though with a deeper soaking tub and a steam shower. Too bad my whole master bathroom is smaller than that enclosure.
Fair enough. But I grew up in Europe and the tiny ones are definitely not common. Yes, open and shared space in the bathroom, but not that tiny and the toilet certainly separate from the shower space.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I heard in Denmark they use hot water for heat through the floors and walls so the water on the tile dries quickly

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
It's perfect for my gran who can't lift her legs to get into the bath anymore, she can stand in it with her zimmer frame.

Edit: Yeah that picture everyone is quoting is not like any wet room I've ever seen. My gran's is pretty spacious and actually has a sink not just a toilet. Shower head is pretty far away from everything so the wetness is pretty localised to one part of the room