• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what an incredible episode. Incredible acting and it's just so good. Damn when Westworld hits it's in a league of its own. I'm so happy the show has found what I loved
About season 1 in this new context/environment.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Freud would have a field day with Hale. Recreates her mother, then makes all her children duplicates of herself.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Episode spoiler:

A DOOR!?

Ok, the show is back!

The door reference got me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So damn good. This screamed Matrix to me at multiple points but I'm totally here for it. I can't believe how invested I am all over again. I practically hate watched season 3 lol

Faith in Fate

Oct 27, 2017
So she basically made herself in the Sims and added in GodMode to that character too
I understand why she had to keep the Charlotte appearance to win but now that they have is there a reason she couldn't look like "her" again?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
So she basically made herself in the Sims and added in GodMode to that character too
I understand why she had to keep the Charlotte appearance to win but now that they have is there a reason she couldn't look like "her" again?
That look is all she's known practically speaking. Pretty sure with how Season 3 went for her, she's deeply attached to it.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's episode was great too! Westworld really is back. I am enjoying where they are taking this story and really loved the Christina reveal and how it completely flipped the reveal with Teddy in the original park. I'm back on the "watch Westworld the night it drops" train.

Really hoping the ratings improve so we get the final season because the writing has hit a stride. This is probably been the most invested I've been in the show.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's episode was great too! Westworld really is back. I am enjoying where they are taking this story and really loved the Christina reveal and how it completely flipped the reveal with Teddy in the original park. I'm back on the "watch Westworld the night it drops" train.

Really hoping the ratings improve so we get the final season because the writing has hit a stride. This is probably been the most invested I've been in the show.
There's no universe where Westworld doesn't get its final season.

Dec 13, 2018
I loved Season 1, 2, 4 (so far)… one miss season doesn't feel like the show sucked that long. Also it was always going to be harder to write in the "real" world for season 3 given how tight a script can be in a setting like the park. Makes sense adding "escape the park" back in fixed the plot issues.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
There were some cool scenes with William & Halores and I enjoyed Christina's awakening.

I was just thinking before Halores said it that Westworld would be fun in small doses but making the entire world a a full-time park would get boring fast.

If Hale aspires for hosts to be more than humans ever were then she should focus on innovation not rehashing the past... but that would require giving up control to inspire curiosity and creativity.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So these hosts in the city that were created off Hale are not completely self aware/have consciousness like Maev, Bernard, Dolores, Stubbs, and the hosts in Sublime. And as such they themselves are stuck in their own loop. Hale created her own version of sublime but because the city hosts are stuck in loop too they don't really want to go.

But when city hosts interact with an outlier they feel empathy and the pain that the outlier is experiencing, which makes them question their reality, their own self and that leads to the self awareness of what they are doing and they are so horrified that can't live with it so they kill themselves. That host that killed a bunch of humans probably did so because she thought doing so would get her back to how she was before i.e. blissfully unaware because she didn't want feel the horror.

Christina isn't the Dolores from S3, but it's more that she was created off Hale's code like every other city host but she somehow, be it due to chance, has the original Dolores persona i.e. the one before Hale and Dolores split, or maybe from even before like Westworld S1. And just she happens to look like Dolores because there's only so many body templates Hale has and because of Evan Rachel Wood is the face of the franchise. Host William is created off Hale's code but he also has original William's persona so I guess the way Hale made these city hosts was by merging her own code with another code.

Do I have that right?

The only thing that I don't get so far is why Caleb was recreated as a host. But that will be answered. And do the Rebels know Stubbs is a host?

Last edited:

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, God - Halores - didn't give them entirely free will.

Also as some have pointed out, the downfall of Halores' plan will be herself right?
If she's God, she's a flawed and broken one.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
the answers are fast. Christina learning already gave me goosebumps, and she's learning to control her gift.

Also tense Christina meeting Charlotte.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode, I don't think it's been explained how Ted's alive, maybe he's Dolores/Christina's consensus guiding her out of the system.

Oct 25, 2017
So damn good. This screamed Matrix to me at multiple points but I'm totally here for it. I can't believe how invested I am all over again. I practically hate watched season 3 lol
I think we all hate watched S3. I'm just not that big of fan of Aaron Paul.

This season has brought back what we loved about this series in S1. It's all about the mysteries. It's so fucking dystopian.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Wow another great episode !

Very curious to discover how Teddy came back and who brought him back since this episode basically confirmed he's the original Teddy.

Also curious to know why Charlotte absolutely needed a version of Dolores inside the park to write storylines, with the threat she represents to her plan just by existing.
I get that she uses Dolores because she "merged" with Rehoboam and thus can probably come up with all the scenarios it made in the past instantly, but why have her be physically in New York where she can be made to wake herself up, instead of just truning her into a basic program like Rehoboam that would just drop scenarios after scenarios without needing to have a physical body and a life, which, for Charlotte plan, would be way less dangerous, as we have seen here that Dolores woke up quite quickly to the nature of her reality. Can't wait to get this explanation from Charlotte, it'll probably be towards the very end of the season tho

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
There's no universe where Westworld doesn't get its final season.

I think there's a chance they give it a season to wrap up, possibly even a truncated one. But I could also see them just pulling the plug. Ratings for it are hard to understand rn since it's airing on both HBO and Max, so we'll see.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

Very curious to discover how Teddy came back and who brought him back since this episode basically confirmed he's the original Teddy.

Also curious to know why Charlotte absolutely needed a version of Dolores inside the park to write storylines, with the threat she represents to her plan just by existing.
I get that she uses Dolores because she "merged" with Rehoboam and thus can probably come up with all the scenarios it made in the past instantly, but why have her be physically in New York where she can be made to wake herself up, instead of just truning her into a basic program like Rehoboam that would just drop scenarios after scenarios without needing to have a physical body and a life, which, for Charlotte plan, would be way less dangerous, as we have seen here that Dolores woke up quite quickly to the nature of her reality. Can't wait to get this explanation from Charlotte, it'll probably be towards the very end of the season tho
Have they made mention of how long this park has been running? For all we know Dolores has been stuck in that loop for 10+ years given the time jump.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Dolores may have chosen to be Christina and the subversion is that she isn't a prisoner of Chalores, Ted said something like she chose to create the situation. The series subtitle is 'the choice' so maybe it's all about people choosing to trap themselves.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Have they made mention of how long this park has been running? For all we know Dolores has been stuck in that loop for 10+ years given the time jump.
I dont think she said when she was able to fully control every human after the rocky start with adults, but she said Caleb died 28 years ago iirc. So it's true that Dolores could have been stuck in her loop for a while.

Dolores may have chosen to be Christina and the subversion is that she isn't a prisoner of Chalores, Ted said something like she chose to create the situation. The series subtitle is 'the choice' so maybe it's all about people choosing to trap themselves.
Sur she may have chosen that, but imo it doesn't change anything, why would Charlotte let her do that? Dolores awakening is a very big danger to Charlotte plan, since we know Dolores changed her mind about mankind before behind "erased".
In the scene between Christina and Charlotte wz can see that in a way Charlotte kinda cares about her, like she seems genuine when she tells her she deserves to be happy, but having Dolores potentially wake up and see what Charlotte did to mankind would send her straight to stop her, which is why I'm curious to know if there is an actual reason we don't know about for why Charlotte put Dolores in NY ibstead of just turning her into a Rehoboam lite program that would only write scenarios

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
If you remember back in season 1 when Teddy was being given a baseline by Ford, Ford told him that his primary job was to keep Dolores in the park and not let her escape. If this is the Teddy that went to the Sublime and was brought back out he may have evolved out of that loop as it seemed he was one of those hosts that wasn't quite as primed for full sentience like Dolores, Maeve, and Bernard and he simply needed those thousands of years in the Sublime to elevate his mind.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, is this season better than S3?
I really loved S1&2, but S3 did something to me that don't have enough motivation to watch S4 now. But at least according to IMDb ratings, it seems new episodes are great.

do.php

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Is Halores in control over the whole world?
Either that,and NYC is the park for hosts to have fun before they transcend, or there is another big twist coming that the future NY is a simulation, every human is in cryostasis, hosts pearls are stored somewhere while they have fun in virtual NY until they decide to transcend, which probably means going to the sublime if Charlotte got access to it or another sublime she created from scratch.
Would mean C's team enters the simulation ala Matrix when they go save the outliers, or even them are stored in cryostasis and havent realised it yet.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I really loved S1&2, but S3 did something to me that don't have enough motivation to watch S4 now. But at least according to IMDb ratings, it seems new episodes are great.

do.php
As you can see in this thread as well, most people are pretty happy about this season. It feels much closer to the first two than to the third one.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

do.php
It's very good, also it really seems that by the end of it season 4 will retroactively make season 3 better, so everybody wins

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

do.php

Better than S3 (which I didn't hate... it just didn't live up to the hype). On par with S2 so far (aside from Kiksuya which was a contender for best episode of the entire series).

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Well now I'm as intrigued as I was with S1. Where *are* they going with this? At least they're back in a playground where the show is getting to ponder some big metaphysical questions again. Shades of BSG here.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022

do.php
If you already suffered through season 3 then you may as well watch season 4. It's still pretty up in the air as far as how good this season will get but it's already better then season 3 and we haven't gotten an episode as bad as S3's genre where their great ambition was color filters.

A lot of people have said that S4 gets back to the core of Westworld: twists but I'd argue instead what S4 is doing is giving a much stronger sense of focus and purpose as compared to the sort of aimless nature of S3.

Characters now feel like they're going somewhere and being used properly as of episode 5 as opposed to all of S3 feeling like a mess of motivations and longtime characters running in circles.

I don't yet know if Season 4 will be worth the slog of Season 3 but anyone who already hate watched Season 3 should watch Season 4 assuming it doesn't crash spectacularly in these last 3 episodes.

It also kind of helps that they can't really pull anymore Season 2 style post credits where they show some shit that they'll follow up years and years latter. They've got one more season left. No more teases for stuff several seasons down the line.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another great episode. This season has been stellar. Not really sure where they're going with Caleb. At this point, if they killed him off I wouldn't be disappointed.

As to if Halores controls the whole world, I feel like the answer has to be no. The mini-towers are everywhere in the city - seems like they need to be in order to exert control. Unless the city is specifically the designated "park" zone and she's just controlling everywhere else with less direct controls and more subtle pushes and pulls. It'll be an interesting mystery to unwrap.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As you can see in this thread as well, most people are pretty happy about this season. It feels much closer to the first two than to the third one.
I agree with this! Season 3 I was more confused than anything and season 4 seems to be clearing up a bit.
It's very good, also it really seems that by the end of it season 4 will retroactively make season 3 better, so everybody wins
I didn't care for Season 3 at all.

Season 4 has been great.
Better than S3 (which I didn't hate... it just didn't live up to the hype). On par with S2 so far (aside from Kiksuya which was a contender for best episode of the entire series).
If you already suffered through season 3 then you may as well watch season 4. It's still pretty up in the air as far as how good this season will get but it's already better then season 3 and we haven't gotten an episode as bad as S3's genre where their great ambition was color filters.

A lot of people have said that S4 gets back to the core of Westworld: twists but I'd argue instead what S4 is doing is giving a much stronger sense of focus and purpose as compared to the sort of aimless nature of S3.

Characters now feel like they're going somewhere and being used properly as of episode 5 as opposed to all of S3 feeling like a mess of motivations and longtime characters running in circles.

I don't yet know if Season 4 will be worth the slog of Season 3 but anyone who already hate watched Season 3 should watch Season 4 assuming it doesn't crash spectacularly in these last 3 episodes.

It also kind of helps that they can't really pull anymore Season 2 style post credits where they show some shit that they'll follow up years and years latter. They've got one more season left. No more teases for stuff several seasons down the line.
Thank you guys! I'm so happy to hear these and will watch it soon.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
All I need now is a vitamin string quartet/player piano rendition of Wake Up to play to complete the Matrix parallels.

Loving this season, Westworld being back to appointment television for me is so nice.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to mention that Ramin Djawadi is in his bag for the music this season. It has been absolutely fantastic. The rendition of Video Games at the end of episode 1 is everything.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Can I skip season 3 to do so? I loved this show for 1 and 2 and then… well.
Season 3 felt worse at the time due to having so much setup with little payoff(among other problems but that was mine). That you can jump from Season 3 straight to Season 4 makes it a much better watch because all that building is coming to a head now.