• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Dolores' aim when fighting randos:

4C1H1AA.gif

Dolores' aim when fighting Maeve:

06LqP1h.gif

Bruh, she legit let Maeve run at her with a sword and then started using her gun like a sword and THEN tried shooting her.

[edit]

Please someone explain this to me.

I was legit laughing. YOU HAVE A GUN, SHE HAS A SWORD, JUST SHOOT HER.

Also, the 7 henchmen with machine guns who were literally 2 meters away yet just stood there doing jack shit. Also, why does Maeve even has a sword. Then it turns out the sword doesn't do shit to Dolores anyway.

They spent 2 years doing this show, how was this acceptable.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Random thoughts:

- The sappy heart-to-heart between Dolores and Maeve felt like a cheap twist to me. Like why did it take you dumb dumbs so long to figure out you were on the same side? lol

- Halores and William showed the most signs of character development this season. I guess that's out the window though ... lol

- After all this buildup about Incite and Rehoboam and Caleb, I think the most important thing to come out of season 3 is that Halores* pretty much controls Delos now. Serac is dead and William is presumably dead, or at the very least captured.
*Charwyatt? Wycharlotte? I dunno

- I'm pretty excited by the thought of Halores printing a small army of hosts to destroy humanity next season. Hopefully they'll have more personality than the masked, lobotomized, cold storage army that Dolores had in season 2, heh.

- Shit, you know what would be super fucking awesome? ED HARRIS CLONE ARMY

- One of them might get soft and sentimental if he meets up with Dolawrence or Originalores though.

- Still can't believe they brought back Dolawrence and didn't have him make a smartass remark to William. The opportunity was right there. What a waste. The writers are cowards.

- I will rescind the above comment if they give us an Ed Harris clone army.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

4C1H1AA.gif

06LqP1h.gif

Bruh, she legit let Maeve run at her with a sword and then started using her gun like a sword and THEN tried shooting her.

[edit]

They wanted to do Spike vs Vicious from Cowboy Bebop but didn't know how

1BmQOav.gif

btw. remember when Maeve revived some hosts as backup and it was really important for Dolores to stop her? That sure amounted to a lot.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I remember thinking the idea of a host leaving the park to imitate a Delos executive in the real world held appeal to me. I thought it would involve a lot of clever board room manipulation and white collar intrigue, where the host would outsmart executives and government types to reach their goal. I really had no idea it would involve so many boring shootouts on empty city streets.
Ahh yeah, I thought the same way. That Halores was going to have to outsmart the enemy using her five precious pearls like a chess game. That she was going to have to be careful and subtle in the real world, because she couldn't just rampage through the city killing everyone in her way, drawing attention to herself, and shrugging off bullets like no human can. Hahaha...

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I was legit laughing. YOU HAVE A GUN, SHE HAS A SWORD, JUST SHOOT HER.

Also, the 7 henchmen with machine guns who were literally 2 meters away yet just stood there doing jack shit. Also, why does Maeve even has a sword. Then it turns out the sword doesn't do shit to Dolores anyway.

They spent 2 years doing this show, how was this acceptable.

something something the AI predicted it so that explains it something.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
- The sappy heart-to-heart between Dolores and Maeve felt like a cheap twist to me. Like why did it take you dumb dumbs so long to figure out you were on the same side? lol
An awful lot of this season amounted to Dolores not being upfront with anyone just because she's dramatic and wanted them to 'play their role' at arbitrary times.

It's funny how Dolores was somehow counting on human sentimentality with regards to Bernard but completely failed to consider it even a possibility with her Hale double.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Never really found MIB that interesting outside of the season one reveal. He was the springboard for Dolores bringing Westworld down, after torturing her in the park all those years. Season 2 he was essentially playing a videogame in the park and got so lost he ended up killing his own daughter. In Season 3, his big revelation was that he needed to wipe out all the hosts, only to be replaced by one in the very end.

While it wasn't as interesting seeing him nerfed this season I personally like his entire arc. Being replaced by one of the things he hates most was a perfect fate for William.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I still don't know why Serac needed the Delos data, and I don't understand how Chalores magically shuts down Delores Prime. What the hell was that? Sigh. They had a lot of potentially good ideas but just squandered them. What a shame

I think there was Host data and Visitor data. Serac needed Host data so Rehoboam could account for them and the Visitor data to help his research into fixing outliers like his brother.

Last edited:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
While it wasn't as interesting seeing him nerfed this season I personally like his entire arc. Being replaced by one of the things he hates most was a perfect fate for William.
I can see that. I thought it was too anti-climactic doing that scene after the credits and could have built more tension and having more conversation in his last encounter with that 'Dolores'

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

4C1H1AA.gif

06LqP1h.gif

[edit]

Guns aren't that effective against hosts from distance. With a close range shot to the head with a powerful enough gun you might have a small chance of damaging the pearl.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Guns aren't that effective against hosts from distance. With a close range shot to the head with a powerful enough gun you might have a small chance of damaging the pearl.

Hosts seem pretty vulnerable to guns if they dont have the "reinforced" skeleton or whatever that Dolores had in her new body in the finale, she even made a small comment about how they were initially built to last when Maeve failed to cut her hand off despite doing it in the previous episode. Stubbs was on the verge of death from getting shot in his chest area.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Hosts seem pretty vulnerable to guns if they dont have the "reinforced" skeleton or whatever that Dolores had in her new body in the finale, she even made a small comment about how they were initially built to last when Maeve failed to cut her hand off despite doing it in the previous episode. Stubbs was on the verge of death from getting shot in his chest area.

Stubbs got blasted with a shotgun not a pistol but I'm no weapons expert and we don't have enough information about the Hosts' bodies to know how different weapons will hurt them, except that Dolores has an upgraded exo-skeleton. I assume the cranium would be heavily reinforced to prevent Pearl damage in the parks. Body damage could be more easily repaired with the right equipment.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That part when Dolores bodied all the henchmen in quick succession while Maeve just watched the entire time and sighed when she was done....lmao
Guns having any effect on hosts completely depends on what the episode's writer wants at the moment.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Dawg, they were like 8 feet apart and she let Maeve slowly walk towards her with a sword. lol

It's funny how people kept trying to explain the piss poor action in this show since season 2. I remember lots of, "actually, the reason all of those highly trained security guards can't do anything is 'cus they secretly dumb hosts". Now apparently Dolores can't shoot Maeve when she's a tiny distance away, walking in a straight line, 'cus she needs to be inches away for a headshot? Come on.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Oh the other question I had.

Didn't Hale take Delos private in ep 1? But then Serac took it over later on. But when the lawyer visits MIB in the hotel, he says Ed Harris has made a lot of money from Delos going private. So which was it?

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Oh the other question I had.

Didn't Hale take Delos private in ep 1? But then Serac took it over later on. But when the lawyer visits MIB in the hotel, he says Ed Harris has made a lot of money from Delos going private. So which was it?

Serac bought Delos from it's shareholders (the hostile takeover), and William seems to have been the majority holder. That made him rich..er.

(It's not shown if his lawyer liquidated the shares, or leveraged them but William seemed to have been expecting liquid cash)

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Serac bought Delos from it's shareholders (the hostile takeover), and William seems to have been the majority holder. That made him rich..er.

(It's not shown if his lawyer liquidated the shares, or leveraged them but William seemed to have been expecting liquid cash)
She got the votes neccesary to begin the process of trying to take the company private by pooling their resources. But Serac started buying up shares before she could complete the process.

Ok, thanks. Works for me.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
NOLAN: There's the [Man in Black] that we see at the end of the second-season finale which is very, very far in the future, further than where we've gotten elsewhere in the show. We lay out the suggestion to the audience that however this plays out, it does not play out well.

In the Michael Crichton original film, the fun hero was always the Man in Black played by Yul Brynner, the gunslinger. The gunslinger starts as a robot. A bit of trivia: Yul is wearing his costume from The Magnificent Seven. He's an icon of the original film. We loved the idea of starting with the human version of it, and then working back one step at a time insidiously back to the film in more ways than one.

Will Serac or his brother return?

NOLAN: (After the three are radio silent) We've all been doing this for so long, we're perfectly in sync, it's the total shutdown (Joy, Thé and he laugh).

NOLAN: We saw Dolores kind of perish in the worst way. We saw her memory get painfully erased. And I think it's really important that we honor that particular arc that she's completely evolved, that she's become the child who has grown up to take care of the parent, and I think personally it's the right time to say goodbye to this version of Dolores.

deadline.com

‘Westworld’ Creators On Season 3 Finale; The Dangers Of AI; The Futures Of Bernard, Dolores & Man In Black

SPOILER ALERT: This interview contains details from last night’s Season 3 finale of HBO’s Westworld, “Crisis Theory.” There are too many pressing questions about what went on in Westworld‘s Season 3 finale, so we checked in with co-creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy and executive producer...

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this season came pretty close to being good again. I was hoping for some AI war shit to go down. Oh well.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
I still have no idea what happened in the end.

So Caleb was mad that Dolores chose him to end humanity, but was ok doing it anyway because he didn't have sex with robots before.

Maeve had a weird conversation with Dolores then decided hey lemme do a 180 real quick.

Dolores seemed to not want to destroy humanity, yet Bernard's last scene suggests they destroyed it anyhow.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looked like they didn't want to destroy humanity after all im the end, but decided to do it anyway. What?

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I still have no idea what happened in the end.

So Caleb was mad that Dolores chose him to end humanity, but was ok doing it anyway because he didn't have sex with robots before.

Maeve had a weird conversation with Dolores then decided hey lemme do a 180 real quick.

Dolores seemed to not want to destroy humanity, yet Bernard's last scene suggests they destroyed it anyhow.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looked like they didn't want to destroy humanity after all im the end, but decided to do it anyway. What?

Humanity would destroy it self anyway, Incite was trying to delay or even stop that by crontrolling everyone and removing the ones that didn´t fit on it´s plan, Dolores´s plan was to stop Incite and let people choose what to do even if it was to destroy itself.
Caleb was just the representation of what good Dolores saw in humanity, that they can choose to do good. Maeve wanted the key, Dolores didn't had it, what she saw was what Dolores was trying to accomplish and it pushed her buttons, she had no love for Serac, win win.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Humanity would destroy it self anyway, Incite was trying to delay or even stop that by crontrolling everyone and removing the ones that didn´t fit on it´s plan, Dolores´s plan was to stop Incite and let people choose what to do even if it was to destroy itself.
Caleb was just the representation of what good Dolores saw in humanity, that they can choose to do good. Maeve wanted the key, Dolores didn't had it, what she saw was what Dolores was trying to accomplish and it pushed her buttons, she had no love for Serac, win win.
Ya what I got from the end was the only way for rehoboam to actually 'save' humanity required 100% success rate reprogramming from WW data, and the play was probably going from just the 'outliers' to programming everybody anyway.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd give the season a solid 7/10. There were some highs, but God there were a lot of lows too.

I don't know if they'll ever recapture the magic of the park and the first season.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019

So Dolores went from wanting to destroy humanity to just letting it be destroyed?

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
yo wtf The Man in Black was the Delores of the OG content?
So many cool stories that can be told with a MiB host and William alive wasted :(
The real William should've been left to rot lost, tormented, and confused.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I think Halores will help hasten things now that she seems to have perfected the hybrids. Humans might become the minority species. Maybe they will be forced to live in parks and play their parts.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
She did literally see the outcome if this, though.

So did Caleb, so who exactly are the good guys in this series?

There was no good guy per se, everyone had they own motives

Serac wanted to save humanity by controlling everyone, Dolores wanted humanity to decide they own fate, Caleb and Bernard had no idea what was going on, Willian just wanted to destroy all hosts, Charlotte probably wants to destroy all humans now and Maeve just wanted to see her daughter again.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Finished the season. The last 2 episodes were pretty mid and hampered my overall enjoyment of the season.

There were some standout parts in finale, like Bernard/Arnold meeting his wife, but there are so many very poorly done action scenes, so many bad action film cliches (Maeve gloating over defeated Dolores while she slowly crawls to EMP, stormtrooper aim for 3 seasons in a row, William trying to punch a frigging robot, William joining the cast of Alien: Covenant at the end of the episode and so on). If you want to make an action show, by all means, I love good action, but you ain't no pimple on a butt of Gangs of London or Banshee or even Strike Back, I actually struggle to think of a prominent show with action being worse than that of Westworld.

The antagonists are terrible for at least 2 seasons now, it was tolerable in season 2 because Skarsgard and his goons had minimal role, but Serac is a poor man's Greer without an ounce of his charisma. I don't know what happened, every arc villain in PoI felt like a legitimate threat even if heroes ended up mostly unscathed, there's virtually no stakes in Westworld, death is cheap and villains are incompetent. How many times are you going to send a team of meatbags with conventional weapons if it doesn't work for the first 5000 tries?

Jonah Nolan is great writer who was crucial in making some of the best works of his brother, but he just playing himself at this point. Even worse, it seems that he stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that ship is approaching reefs.

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
For the melee fights they could do with being more visceral. I started watching Season 2 of Altered Carbon. Whoever does the choreography for that would be perfect for Westworld. Banshee is a good shoutout as well.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Maeve made no sense right up until the end, and that final scene with Bernard made no damn sense
are you telling me he sat there for years, and noone walked into what seemed like a motel and freaked out over a body just sitting there?

I hope this doesnt mean evan rachel wood is off the show.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Maeve made no sense right up until the end, and that final scene with Bernard made no damn sense
are you telling me he sat there for years, and noone walked into what seemed like a motel and freaked out over a body just sitting there?

I mean, is Stubbs rotting in the tub?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I mean, is Stubbs rotting in the tub?

Sadly enough its the one of the few things that made sense; in the economic collapse that the show hinted at heavily was happening, them being undiscovered in a dirtbag motel for years doesn't require too much suspension of belief.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sadly enough its the one of the few things that made sense; in the economic collapse that the show hinted at heavily was happening, them being undiscovered in a dirtbag motel for years doesn't require too much suspension of belief.

Someone, at some point, would of found them. At the very least he wouldnt be in the same spot he left in.