• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
I might be misremembering the episode, but wasn't Hector pulled by the park staff to be backed up? So I assume he's not gone for good.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I think it was good to finally acknowledge that Maeve's motives and actions are often hypocritcal. That has been a glaring hole in the show so far.

I don't agree that Maeve's story has been bad this season. It really depends on how it plays out.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Havent watched any episodes of this season, just wondering whats the consensus so far for this season if yall dont mind me asking? thanks in advance!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I might be misremembering the episode, but wasn't Hector pulled by the park staff to be backed up? So I assume he's not gone for good.
The Hector they were reprinting at Delos was the back up, so depends on whether or not Serac's people kept the original pearl at the park or torched it with everyone else.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Last two episodes have been pretty damn great.

That last scene with Hale was brutal.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how they managed to turn Maeve into the worst part of the show, but other than that the episode was fun.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno how they managed to turn Maeve into the worst part of the show, but other than that the episode was fun.
She's shoehorned in. Her purpose is manufactured. I mean, this very episode she tells Serac she's not motivated, and she's been back how long?

I understand she a fan favorite, and I could certainly see that if the shoe was on the other foot, fans would be like, "they could have brought Maeve back to hunt Dolores" but the story ain't selling it.

But that goes for a lot of things this season.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, aside from the TerminaMaeve, I'm actually really liking this season, after a dreadful S2.

This latest ep was great overall, finally looking forward to the next ep after until now letting them accumulate on the DVR coming off S2.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Havent watched any episodes of this season, just wondering whats the consensus so far for this season if yall dont mind me asking? thanks in advance!

Eh, divisive I would say. Some people seem to have checked out on the show, while others see it as a step up from Season 2. It all depends on what elements of the show you respond to.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
This has definitely been the best season for Tessa Thompson and her character. Her part of the story was the highlight of the episode for me.

Unexpected end there for her and nice use of Chekov's robot.

William having the worst group therapy session ever, lol. Even still his day wasn't as bad as his therapist. Had to pause the screen to read her profile, yikes!

Still not sure what ultimate role Bernard serves, aside from acting as Dolores' memory.

Curious who Maeve was waiting to emerge.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I like without reservation or caveat this season is Tessa Thompson's portrayal of Delores Charlotte, and her characters internal struggle. To that point, her action scenes this episode are the only action scenes this season that had any tension for me.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Dolores, Maeve, and Bernard all had their own unique "awakening" in season 1. But since season 2, Maeve and Bernard have been more like plot devices, not really driving their own stories forward, just there when called for. It's kind of disappointing.

If the season 1 characters could see where they end up in season 3
5rUk8Nx.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Dolores, Maeve, and Bernard all had their own unique "awakening" in season 1. But since season 2, Maeve and Bernard have been more like plot devices, not really driving their own stories forward, just there when called for. It's kind of disappointing.

If the season 1 characters could see where they end up in season 3
5rUk8Nx.jpg

In Bernard's defense, he was pretty fucked up most of S2

Emmz

Oct 28, 2017
I guess the show is, in a roundabout way, accomplishing something impressive in making me question the nature of the reality that I'm seeing. The execution of the action scenes is so clumsy, the behaviors of the characters so questionable, that I wonder whether it's all being staged.

Why would Serac leave Dempsey with full read access to Rehoboam after he knows he's been compromised?

Why, if Serac has been suspicious of Hale the entire time they've been at Delos, would he not strip all access she has to the room where he's printing his robots to fight Dolores for him?

Why would Serac, a man who ostensibly knows that he's fighting extremely resilient robots, have his man blow Hale up, but not confirm the kill?

I'm uncertain if it's just terrible writing, or if it's meant to be on the nose hints that all of this really is being faked in a simulation, or omnipresently guided along by Dolores employing people to push every character along predetermined paths. The Westworld equivalent of The Emperor in the prequels controlling everything through the force, only way stupider feeling than it was when Anthony Hopkins was doing it in season 1.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Goddamn, please make Hale the Volgin of Westworld. That singe/burning effect is fucking insane. Whoever fucked her over is not going to get a happy ending.

Also, can we all just appreciate how fucking powerful Tessa Thompson seems? That cape, that sleeveless shirt, her ARMS. Woooo shit.

her trying to shoot Serac was dumb af though lol. It was like, extremely apparent that he wasn't being affected.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
In Bernard's defense, he was pretty fucked up most of S2
No need to defend Bernard, it's the writing that was dumb. Feels like the only reason he was fucked up was to play his memories out of order and keep the audience guessing. Once you put his scenes back in sequence, Bernard is basically just around for exposition. It's like the writers didn't know what to do with him.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
For an uber genius, Serac does a lot of stupid shit. Some of it can be blamed on ego but god damn he has the resources and info to control the entire world and he's still using hired goons to take down robots.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I think in Season 2 we're supposed to be ambiguous about Maeve vs Dolores.
I don't know how we can still be ambiguous about it now. Serac and the current system is awful. If it was just about predicting the future, then it's okay, but the system creates futures that requires neutering people.

It's clear that whatever process Serac uses to pacify his brother was used on Caleb. Wars seem incredibly counterproductive. It makes sense to steer 'leaders' into these conflicts where there's plausible deniability to kill them and to experiment on the 'survivors'.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Watching now, this episode is hitting new... somethings.

"No, fuck this, I'm telling Ciroc."

gflTuwL.gif

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liked the episode. Liked last weeks more i think. Im not crazy about these 'looking badass while killing everyone' action scenes like theyre terminators.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think in Season 2 we're supposed to be ambiguous about Maeve vs Dolores.
I don't know how we can still be ambiguous about it now. Serac and the current system is awful. If it was just about predicting the future, then it's okay, but the system creates futures that requires neutering people.

It's clear that whatever process Serac uses to pacify his brother was used on Caleb. Wars seem incredibly counterproductive. It makes sense to steer 'leaders' into these conflicts where there's plausible deniability to kill them and to experiment on the 'survivors'.
The system is completely awful. Nobody sounds happy under it. You gotta suicides left and right and then when people find out their future, they riot in mass.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They did it.

They actually did it y'all.

WESTWORLD MADE ME CARE ABOUT A CHARACTER. Charlotte-Dolores is probably the most interesting character this show has had aside from Ford/Akacheta. See what happens when you make a character that isn't completely 1 dimensional?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The action scenes in this show always lack urgency.

So Charlotte is found out and the entire building is looking for her and when she finds the room with Maeve's brain she walks towards her pod brain, opens it up and crushes one of them and just looks at it, all of this done in slow mo. Obviously she only has time to destroy one since she took half a day doing it and while all the guards are shooting at her does she run? Of course not, she terminator walks away from the dozens of dudes shooting her at.

Is there a clause where no actor is allowed to run or do any quick motions?

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Bravo, bravo. Eight kinds of stupid jumbled up with sci fi references. Why couldn't Maeve say, "not like this, not like this" while Charlotte/Dolores was squishing Hector? Ciroc's henchmen are the best too, pew pew pew at the giant metal riot robot and of course they just walk away from the burning car. And then there's Bernard and what's his name, bravo.

Curious who Maeve was waiting to emerge.

It's the dragon from Game of Thrones. Maeve is gonna ride it to the final showdown. Ciroc's giant supercomputer finally decided to throw him an idea when it got tired of hearing him say "send everyone" to no effect.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First good episode since the first one. And yea, definitely Tessa's best season yet, she's my favorite character now. I feel hella dumb for not seeing that ending coming though lol

Also yea I'm pretty much over Maeve now. Just like Bernard, she just feels... there. Honestly, that's a big issue with this show, all the characters that are supposed to oppose Dolores suck.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
The hale stuff is the best part of the season.

Fuck I can't believe what she's having to go through. I feel bad for her.

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing episode.
I think people are misinterpreting the attempt to shoot at Sirac. Clearly more of a "I got you" than anything else. Delores clearly knew he wasn't really present.