• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I think Evan misunderstood the critics
Audience don't agree what she's doing
Not that she dont have to be badass because she's a woman (well maybe some guys said that but they are idiots and so ERW point is valid).

I don't like what she did to Teddy.
Here it's a negation about what Teddy is....
But Teddy was written by Delos so...
Gosh i'm confused.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Maybe it's Dolores (Wyatt?) plan. Not Delos or Ford.
But why would Dolores want to create another Arnold?

During season one I always thought they were inspired by Freud's Id, Ego and Super-Ego categorization.
According to Freud we are born with just the "Id", which represent our urges and desires. And the Ego only forms through suffering("Leiderfahrung", basically the occasional denial of our urges and desires by the people we love, our parents), which is pretty in line with Arnolds theory that for consciousness to form the hosts have to suffer.
The Super-Ego, according to Freud forms when we come in contact with the outside world and learn about societal norms and rules.
So I thought in season two the host would start to form said Super-Ego, but so far its not at all what I expected. Great nonetheless, especially the last episode and episode 4.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde trope isn't really compelling. Mostly because both Delores and Wyatt are each one dimensional.

Ford foreshadowed this in season 1.
He asks Dolores "will you be the hero or the villain?" I don't know why the writers (or "Ford") did this. Maybe since Arnold upload Wyatt 30 years ago in Dolores , you CAN'T take him away.
I think the purpose is to show that to be more human a host need to have a conflict between good and evil. It's okay to have a soul or being sentient. But the second step is this:
Bettajdbka.jpg

I can understand it's "boring", i don't like that too but if we can have a complex character in season 3 and beyond after this... why not.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
So i have a theory, i think i discover the BIG reveal of this season that explain many things. It's not a spoiler , it's a theory but i may be wrong.
It's on spoiler balise, i will just tell you how i came to this before:

The host that replace Maeve...something wasn't right. I was thinking "huh?" and then action, Ghost Nation and i forget.
But this woman...we saw her before, during this season. Here the big reveal:

Between Ford death and the most fastforward event, there is not two weeks. But years. Maybe more. Centuries. Millenary.
I don't know about this but i'm more convince now that EVERYTHING WE SAW IN THE SHOW IS A NEW LOOP and those events happened before.

It may be a bummer that Dolores revolution isn't real. It is...but it's a new attempt. And i don't know WHERE in time is this new attempt. 30 years after? 120 years after? 1000 years after? But many clues show this.

*Angela is not having her "scalped head" on the train, but at beginning of season 6, she had it. Beginning of episode 6 with Teddy etc... it's the second loop. Everything on the train is the first loop.
*When Maeve escape with Lee in the first episode of season 2, she saw many things. And a woman.
1527720324-01-2.png

I think it's "new Maeve mother". a previous Maeve or i don't know what.
I think that the SWAT team who arrived on episode 6 aren't the same SWAT team with Karl Strand, but they have the same narrative.
The show tell us they can create copies of hosts mind all they wants with the Cradle. So you can recreate the same narrative many years after?

Resume: i think "Journey Into Nights" is played twice. It's a loop. For something....(for what?)

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ERW adress Dolores hate this season and disagree about Maeve being a good host, pointing out she manipulate every Shogun army hosts to kill themselves and that is not choice.
It's choice when Maeve wants too, like Dolores.

As for Teddy, she said "manipulating people to be like you want them to be is...human."
m9yRTaZ.jpg

Just seeing this. You don't get to bring up why she is fighitng as a defense for why people should like her when shes literally doing the same shit now that humans were doing to her, especially when she does it to other hosts for no reason at all. I also strongly dislike all the male characters too. And Maeve for that matter. This is a weak defense of a poorly written character. I'm sure we would be enjoying Delores redemption/revenge arc much more significantly if she wasn't a one note hypocritical killing machine whose intentions are unclear (this also goes for William).

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People like Teddy though. They dont necessarily care for the Shoguns because they have never gotten a chance to empathize with them.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons I'm checked out a lot.
I have trouble really emphasizing with anyone at the moment. Everyone is so one dimensional. Only evil, only cunning etc.
It also feels like there is really not much happening and if you would cut each main characters screen time together (especially Bernard) it would end up like they just
walked in a cycle, trying to push away the TWIST as long as they can.
This season seems like one where it was clear they wanted to build to something bigger in S03 or 04. A boring middle arc.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... that whole fidelity line about bernard/arnold means that arnold is really bernard.

okay westworld. I enjoyed this episode but it went nowhere.

Also... lol @ Maeve. Did she expect robot child to be waiting for her? Her reaction when she saw mother 2.0 was hilarious.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i have a theory, i think i discover the BIG reveal of this season that explain many things. It's not a spoiler , it's a theory but i may be wrong.
It's on spoiler balise, i will just tell you how i came to this before:

The host that replace Maeve...something wasn't right. I was thinking "huh?" and then action, Ghost Nation and i forget.
But this woman...we saw her before, during this season. Here the big reveal:

Between Ford death and the most fastforward event, there is not two weeks. But years. Maybe more. Centuries. Millenary.
I don't know about this but i'm more convince now that EVERYTHING WE SAW IN THE SHOW IS A NEW LOOP and those events happened before.

It may be a bummer that Dolores revolution isn't real. It is...but it's a new attempt. And i don't know WHERE in time is this new attempt. 30 years after? 120 years after? 1000 years after? But many clues show this.

*Angela is not having her "scalped head" on the train, but at beginning of season 6, she had it. Beginning of episode 6 with Teddy etc... it's the second loop. Everything on the train is the first loop.
*When Maeve escape with Lee in the first episode of season 2, she saw many things. And a woman.
1527720324-01-2.png

I think it's "new Maeve mother". a previous Maeve or i don't know what.
I think that the SWAT team who arrived on episode 6 aren't the same SWAT team with Karl Strand, but they have the same narrative.
The show tell us they can create copies of hosts mind all they wants with the Cradle. So you can recreate the same narrative many years after?

Resume: i think "Journey Into Nights" is played twice. It's a loop. For something....(for what?)

this woman in the spoilers is NOT the woman shown at the house when maeve rocked up.

as for your theory. Nah.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Just seeing this. You don't get to bring up why she is fighitng as a defense for why people should like her when shes literally doing the same shit now that humans were doing to her, especially when she does it to other hosts for no reason at all. I also strongly dislike all the male characters too. And Maeve for that matter. This is a weak defense of a poorly written character. I'm sure we would be enjoying Delores redemption/revenge arc much more significantly if she wasn't a one note hypocritical killing machine whose intentions are unclear (this also goes for William).
Yeaaah she might have had a point a few episodes ago, but rewriting Teddy really did cement her as being just as bad as her creators, and completely oblivious to her hypocrisy.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deceased @ ERW's defense. I wouldn't expect her to criticize Dolores's weak writing though.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeaaah she might have had a point a few episodes ago, but rewriting Teddy really did cement her as being just as bad as her creators, and completely oblivious to her hypocrisy.
As was killing the confederates and other innocent hosts for no reason other than "papa said we have to kill the weak to save the herd" schtick. Shes a complete hypocrite of a character. And even if that wasn't the case, this show takes it at face value that the existence of the hosts are equal to those of finite human lives which I don't at all agree with. I would have an issue with the logic and morality of what shes doing even if she wasnt being a psychopath to her own people.

Its also really really hard for me to empathize with any of these characters when their motives are completely obscure to the viewer so you can have big reveals. I'm just totally not invested when I have no basis for which to evaluate your actions on an episode to episode basis for the sake of mystery.

Idk maybe because she knows how it all shakes out she has a different view of it but shes way off the mark for why shes getting the bulk of hate this season compared to the other characters (even if she does have a point about the male characters like william who is essentially the male counterpart of all of the above)/

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deceased @ ERW's defense. I wouldn't expect her to criticize Dolores's weak writing though.
Lol, I was just reading a huge thread about it on Reddit and most people share the opinion that her defense is caca. I think Evan is great and I'm not gonna shit on her since it's clear Dolores is very close to her but she couldn't be any wronger with her take.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I was just reading a huge thread about it on Reddit and everyone most people share the opinion that her defense is caca. I think Evan is great and I'm not gonna shit on her since it's clear Dolores is very close to her but she couldn't be any wronger with her take.
She reminds me of that poster here who says that we're all subconsciously misogynistic because we think Dolores-Wyatt is wack

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I understand her point about MiB. But the major difference is that he was introduced as a villain, the motivations for his actions were revealed very quickly, and we saw the events that shaped him into this person. When he scalped the host early in season 1, we were immediately shown why he did that and how it tied into the greater mystery in the show.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Nowhere in that episode is this suggested. If anything its because shes discriminating against them for not being woke given her diatribe to teddy about sick cows and needing to kill off the weak to save the herd.

In season 1 Confederados raped her.

About Hopkins, people on this topic are really hoping he's back as a main character? Even knowing that the cradle will be destroyed?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna chime in and say anyone that loves the concept of Westworld would probably really like Detroit Become Human game. Lots of similarities and its very well done.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Just gonna chime in and say anyone that loves the concept of Westworld would probably really like Detroit Become Human game. Lots of similarities and its very well done.

I saw the character "elon musk" company on this game and his dialogue and it's the worst written character ; even worse than Wyatt as a stereotypical douchbag "HEY ITS FUTURE YOU CAN'T STOP PROGRESS"
Quantic Dream made awesome stuff with this game but this character was bad

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In season 1 Confederados raped her.

About Hopkins, people on this topic are really hoping he's back as a main character? Even knowing that the cradle will be destroyed?

I'm aware that just was never hinted to be a motivation of hers or why she decided to kill them (and being woke and free from control she should know that they were programmed to do so anyway so holding a grudge against them would still be super hypocritical unless she also killed herself fro the shit she did as wyatt).

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I'm aware that just was never hinted to be a motivation of hers or why she decided to kill them (and being woke and free from control she should know that they were programmed to do so anyway so holding a grudge against them would still be super hypocritical unless she also killed herself fro the shit she did as wyatt).

Being sentient doesn't mean being good. They can still act as confederados so...
Look at Craddock!

Oct 27, 2017
I think Ford was already a host since episode 1 of first season. Probably years from the start of the series. That is why he was fighting Delos takeover, so they would not discover his achievements.

Plus if he was a host, it puts a new meaning on the almost god like control over the hosts he showed to Tereza. It was the same as hoc net control powers Maeve just discovered.
Wasn't there maggots in his eye socket or something indicating natural decomposition?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Being sentient doesn't mean being good. They can still act as confederados so...
Look at Craddock!
I've said nothing of whether or not shes good or bad for that, simply that in either scenario shes a hypocrite and its difficult to understand her motivations for doing this while expecting viewers to feel sympathetic to her.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the character "elon musk" company on this game and his dialogue and it's the worst written character ; even worse than Wyatt as a stereotypical douchbag "HEY ITS FUTURE YOU CAN'T STOP PROGRESS"
Quantic Dream made awesome stuff with this game but this character was bad
Wait what? What character are you talking about? I played through the game and re-did a few sections, nobody stood out as 'Elon Musk' whatever you are talking about.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
They're all under Ford's control still, which makes me not give a shit about their dramatic exchanges. It's all an act. Just give me Bernard- he's the only one who's interesting.

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They're all under Ford's control still, which makes me not give a shit about their dramatic exchanges. It's all an act. Just give me Bernard- he's the only one who's interesting.
Remember the bit in season 1 where Ford is doing a massive terraforming project that we don't find out the reason for?

I'd wager it's to allow that huge section of Westworld to be flooded like we saw early this season. It indicates he's still pulling strings.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember, part of Fords plan was to finally allow Arnolds Reveries to become active again, and to stop impeeding the hosts where it had taken root. Thats about all we know for sure at the moment.

I dunno if we can even say that for sure.

Season 1 Ford seemed bemused about the reveries in the Arnold legacy hosts re-emerging.

The impetus of these legacy hosts drawing on past memories was telegraphed to have started by Peter Abernathy finding a picture of William's wife in the real world...and then whispering a line to Dolores, a line Maeve herself heard later.

It very well could have been Ford who set all this in motion, but it also could be a series of deeply coded Arnold events that erupted spontaneously, and Ford took advantage of that moment (don't forget, all of Arnold's legacy hosts wound up at the church playing Arnold's maze game. Dolores was just the one who advanced the farthest the quickest.)

I think Ford was already a host since episode 1 of first season. Probably years from the start of the series. That is why he was fighting Delos takeover, so they would not discover his achievements.

Plus if he was a host, it puts a new meaning on the almost god like control over the hosts he showed to Tereza. It was the same as hoc net control powers Maeve just discovered.

Yep. I've been saying the same as well

Wait. ERW thinks Dolores somehow has a moral right to go on a killing spree? I mean, I understand that it was hard to Dolores to realize that all her life was a lie and to remember all the awful things that were done to her, but...why do we assume that all the guests are monsters? What did the technicians at the park done to her to deserve a horrible death?

First, I don't believe Dolores killed any technicians (in fact, she acted horrified when Teddy did). At worst, she killed Delos guests (people she sees as her willing enslavers) and Delos security (people she sees who's directive is to kill all her species on sight)

Second, ERW's response was more about the reactions that hold Dolores more accountable than Maeve...why is Dolores getting more hate for killing guests and hosts when Maeve is doing the same thing.

And why is no one angry that other male hosts are doing this too?

She attacked HQ instead of walking around monologuing and killing randos, which has been her whole thing this season.

Don't forget, much of her screen time this season before the HQ assault was to honeypot both the majority of Delos security and host Confederados into one spot to kill them all.

I wouldn't call that aimless or random.

Nor would I call killing ghost nation hosts that either.

I think Evan misunderstood the critics
Audience don't agree what she's doing
Not that she dont have to be badass because she's a woman (well maybe some guys said that but they are idiots and so ERW point is valid).

I don't like what she did to Teddy.
Here it's a negation about what Teddy is....
But Teddy was written by Delos so...
Gosh i'm confused.

Again, I think she was referring to the fact that Dolores seems to be getting more fan hate about her actions this Season while Maeave gets more of a pass from them (even though she is also killing hosts and forcing them to kill each other and is also killing Delos security)

And how no one hates Bernard/Hector/Teddy for doing these things.

Dec 11, 2017
WJzGvGi.jpg
So he was really there. I thought the reflection was meant to obscure a superimposed/CG shot because the actor couldn't make it to set or something. But no, it was real.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... that whole fidelity line about bernard/arnold means that arnold is really bernard.

okay westworld. I enjoyed this episode but it went nowhere.

Also... lol @ Maeve. Did she expect robot child to be waiting for her? Her reaction when she saw mother 2.0 was hilarious.

Yeah, she jumped to an illogical conclusion, like a human would.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I think she was referring to the fact that Dolores seems to be getting more fan hate about her actions this Season while Maeave gets more of a pass from them (even though she is also killing hosts and forcing them to kill each other and is also killing Delos security)

And how no one hates Bernard/Hector/Teddy for doing these things.
Well, why could that be? It can't be that they hate her for no longer being a damsel since she's also acknowledging that Maeve is getting a pass and it can't be sexism since, well, Maeve is also a woman. Occam's razor says that it's just that people don't really like her storyline this season.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I'm losing interest.

The writers' obsession with mystery and layers is tiring now. I'm not saying have a straight faced point A to point B trivial narrative but their structure is bordering on absurdist and some of their decisions with the narrative and characters are bizarre. Honestly it's suffocating how pretentious things can be and how clever Joy and Nolan think they are when it is just poor writing.

Some of the moment to moment stuff is incredible which is what has kept me watching. However some of the moment to moment stuff this season just doesn't feel earned or organic - feels somewhat jumping the shark.

Season One had its flaws but it had the right balance of layered narrative, mystery, and character development. It was a steady show, this one is racing all over the place.

I'm going to see the season out but if I'll follow season three week to week or not? I don't know anymore.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, why could that be? It can't be that they hate her for no longer being a damsel since she's also acknowledging that Maeve is getting a pass and it can't be sexism since, well, Maeve is also a woman. Occam's razor says that it's just that people don't really like her storyline this season.
Also comparing her actions with maeve's directly is disingenuous. Maeve has only killed hosts under duress. She hasn't even killed many humans from what I recall, her henchmen have and again under duress, by and large. Delores is just killing people regardless of whether theyve done anything to deserve it.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But why would Dolores want to create another Arnold?

Cause she's trying to find out who she IS. She's struggling between Dolores Abernathy and Dolores Wyatt scripts. She has no real human cornerstone.

She relayed all this episode 1 this Season.

She said Teddy was her constant, but it's really Arnold. He's been there from the beginning, he's been her mentor and father figure and the only one to help her face who she is.

Right now she is going to HQ because she is drawn to saving her fake father (Abernathy)...when it's really Arnold she is looking for.

So I can see her wanting to bring him back.

During season one I always thought they were inspired by Freud's Id, Ego and Super-Ego categorization.
According to Freud we are born with just the "Id", which represent our urges and desires. And the Ego only forms through suffering("Leiderfahrung", basically the occasional denial of our urges and desires by the people we love, our parents), which is pretty in line with Arnolds theory that for consciousness to form the hosts have to suffer.
The Super-Ego, according to Freud forms when we come in contact with the outside world and learn about societal norms and rules.
So I thought in season two the host would start to form said Super-Ego, but so far its not at all what I expected. Great nonetheless, especially the last episode and episode 4.

Yes this was definitely all of Arnold's theory of humanity (the pyramid that Ford derided)

This season, I feel, we are exploring Ford's theory of humanity and consciousness...that humanity and it's thoughts and drives are no different/better than base coded scripts. All of human "intellect" and beauty and action is driven by instinctual base code anyways. There really is no difference between a Bernard and a real human. And, in fact, Bernard probably is more worthy of the world than a real human.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like there's way too much going on. I like the show and the questions they're trying to provoke, but I kind of wish they'd chill out. Its like eating Indian food made by people who pay no attention to the proportions they are using and have progressed from curry to chemical warfare.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there maggots in his eye socket or something indicating natural decomposition?

They made i concerted effort this season to show you...with the dead tiger...that flies and it's maggots treat host flesh the same as human flesh

I've said nothing of whether or not shes good or bad for that, simply that in either scenario shes a hypocrite and its difficult to understand her motivations for doing this while expecting viewers to feel sympathetic to her.

Again, I dont think ERW's point is that you should be happy with the action's she's making...I think she's wondering out loud why her character is getting more fan blowback for doing things (killing hosts and humans) that other hosts are also doing (ie Maeve and Bernard and Hector and now Teddy)

Remember the bit in season 1 where Ford is doing a massive terraforming project that we don't find out the reason for?

I'd wager it's to allow that huge section of Westworld to be flooded like we saw early this season. It indicates he's still pulling strings.

Yes, there is a map (dunno if it was from an episode or from the website) it shows the shaded out area of Ford's narrative project and it coincides with where the sea/flood is now.

I have no doubt Ford is pulling the strings on Dolores'/Bernard's movement (at the very least guiding them when need be)...it's the only thing that makes sense in terms of using hosts to guide MIB to a certain path. There is no way he could guide MIB to his conclusion if he wasn't able to ensure the other hosts would be where they need to be. Ford is making sure MIB heads somewhere specific, and pretty much alone with Lawrence (when MIB tried to form an army, Ford made them kill them selves)

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a compilation video of Bernard looking puzzled over literally everything he's seeing, yet? I feel like you could fill an entire episode with his one confused expression he's had this whole season.

phantomx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think it's people expecting her to being fully sentient this season and, being the protagonist we imagined her being Season 1 that we can root for, and her not using her newfound resources to lead her tribe to infiltrate and enact vengeance on those who deserve it.

It turns out she probably doesn't have full free will yet, is making questionable and messy decisions with her sentience, and not being someone we are fully rooting for. Its frustrating the audience.

It's dealing with a complicated antihero. And, I'll be honest, I do think many people are turned off by female anti hero's for the most part. Which is why you don't see many successful tv shows with female anti hero leads.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's people expecting her to being fully sentient this season and, being the protagonist we imagined her being Season 1 that we can root for, and her not using her newfound resources to lead her tribe to infiltrate and enact vengeance on those who deserve it.

It turns out she probably doesn't have full free will yet, is making questionable and messy decisions with her sentience, and not being someone we are fully rooting for. Its frustrating the audience.

It's dealing with a complicated antihero. And, I'll be honest, I do think many people are turned off by female anti hero's for the most part. Which is why you don't see many successful tv shows with female anti hero leads.
I wouldn't call her an antihero at all, she's very clearly taking MIB's role this season as the villain. If she's supposed to be the anti-hero then they've done a really poor job showing her being heroic since so far it's straight up just villainy. I really don't see how anyone can see Dolores this season and not just see a villian and that would be fine, people wanted to see Dolores cut lose, but it just has not been engaging. That's the thing that that I keep having to get back to, no matter what the excuse is for why Dolores is the way she is, no matter how you try to explain how things are playing out, all of that doesn't matter when it's just not making for engaging TV. MiB was the bad guy last season but his story was great and every episode I couldn't wait to see what he was doing but anytime we cut to Dolores this season it's just, like, 'here comes the monologues'.

[edit]

I mean, she's literally going by Wyatt which was the mysterious super villain from season 1.

Just read through a bunch of the comments in this thread where they discuss this issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/8n5435/evan_rachel_wood_speaks_out_on_dolores_hate_this/

You will see that pretty much every agrees she's a villain but her storyline hasn't been good when compared to Maeve who is actually seen as a hero AND has had a decently interesting storyline so far.

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
First, I don't believe Dolores killed any technicians (in fact, she acted horrified when Teddy did).
Seriously? She and her gang turned the black dude into involuntarily suicide bomber just last episode. I also don't buy "she didn't kill anyone nice", Teddy, Angela and the cultists are working under her direct command. Besides, Teddy is the monster of her own making, she directly responsible for what he does because she is the one who changed his behaviour.
Second, ERW's response was more about the reactions that hold Dolores more accountable than Maeve
Well, Maeve only killed a couple of security personnel and it literally happened after Sizemore snitched on her. Other than that all her victims this season are malfunctioning hosts in SW and bunch of Ghost Nation guys. In contrast to Dolores she also keeps Sizemore, Felix and Sylvester safe. If ERW doesn't see the difference here, well, tough.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I really dislike Maeve's storyline personally. I have no emotional attachment to her daughter whatsoever, and I hate how her entourage just stands around passively staring most of the time. It's just so... bizarre. Everything about it is. Like, who was surprised that her "daughter" had a replacement mother? If she listened to Sizemore for more than 30 seconds, she would have known it too. The shogun world detour was... just, that, a detour, which ultimately isn't a bad thing (it's nice to see more of the parks) but I'd rather have seen any other group (MIB/Dolores/Bernard and Delos guys) stumble in there.
As for Dolores: I have no real dislike for her storyline, although I understand why do people dislike it. At least she stopped with the constant monologues. ERW's twitter rant is definitely a bit odd though, Dolores is meant to be seen as the villain who's also a hypocrite after what she's done to Teddy. Maeve never intended to go on a holy crusade, as opposed to Dolores, who is constantly going on about free will and destroying humanity.

The ending of Ep6 has got me hyped. Ford has been sorely missed from this season 2, as opposed to Dolores, he can actually pull off meandering monologues.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would argue her character is less and less liked by more and more people each successive season.

Even at Walter White's and Tony Soprano's worst, they were more rooted for by the audience than Elizabeth Jennings.

I'm not talking about being liked, just mentioned a more engaging character off the top of my head lol

MiB was the bad guy last season but his story was great and every episode I couldn't wait to see what he was doing but anytime we cut to Dolores this season it's just, like, 'here comes the monologues'.

Pretty much. I have no real issue with her being evil as fuck, I'm just simply struggling to care period, in regards to both the storyline and the dialogue.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I don't understand how some see this show as an attempt to Joy and Nolan to show their Pride intellect like "hey watch our show , we are superior to you"
I mean...i understand the show is trying to be complicated. But i don't feel it this way.