• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Remember season 3 will only be 8 episodes to tell a more streamlined storyline.

This is a summation of an EW article on Wikipedia:

As a result of the complaints about the complex narrative of Season 2, showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy stated that season 3 would have a much more comprehensible story line, with Nolan stating "This season is a little less of a guessing game and more of an experience with the hosts finally getting to meet their makers."

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they done with the forced faked mystery bullshit that ruined season 2 and are doing a straight linear story this time?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So weird to see local landscapes in Westworld. Seems like they filmed a lot of scenes in Valencia, Spain.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The production values of the upcoming season seem to be insane.

Hopefully it doesn't suck as Season 2 though :/

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This looks incredible because of the budget increase, but WE ALL KNOW how badly written this show can be. This ain't gonna be that good lbh. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I actually love both S1 and S2. Of course the mystery and revelation made S1 so much better than S2, but still, it was decent.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I am honestly surprised S3 is coming so soon. To be frank I kinda lost track of it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I actually love both S1 and S2. Of course the mystery and revelation made S1 so much better than S2, but still, it was decent.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I am honestly surprised S3 is coming so soon. To be frank I kinda lost track of it.

Ditto to all points.

I love that season 3 is going in a completely different direction.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why people are hoping this is the final season. Robots taking over the real world doesn't seem like a 1 season arc, can definitely get a couple of seasons out of this as things escalate.

If anything, I'm concerned the scope of this will be too small and mostly boil down to Dolores team vs Maeve team and a side of dead humans. I want a full scale human vs robot war, maybe that will come in future seasons.

Also yeah season 2 was pretty frustrating. Had its moments but also plenty of bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you all end up liking it, but the show has lost pretty much everything that drew me in back in season 1. Luckily season 1 is a pretty good standalone story by itself.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Season 1 but Season 2 was so bad I don't have much faith in this being good. I actually had to stop watching S2 at some point and I finished it after it ended. One of the worst seasons of any show I've ever watched.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Guess I'll watch this, can't be worse than the fiasco of season 2. Hopefully they introduce some characters I can actually give a fuck about.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

Pretty decent recap of both seasons (and there is another video explaining the themes of S2 from the same channel).

Honestly, I love the show, and while S2 was definitely disorienting, Westworld will always be memorable for having such a breathtaking interrogation of free will/sentience and not just academically stating "humanity is good!". The Black Mirror approach to future Earth drives this home.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Season 2 drove me out and unfortunately for me I didn't see anything in the trailer to pull me back in. That said I am extremely ready for and excited for the new soundtrack.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointing trailer. Season 1 was great because of the spectacle of the functioning theme park and the mystery underlying its creation and the character motivations. Season 2 lost a lot of season 1's charm by moving away from that and this seems to be doubling down on that direction. Westworld really should've just been a miniseries.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks so expensive.

Disappointing trailer. Season 1 was great because of the spectacle of the functioning theme park and the mystery underlying its creation and the character motivations. Season 2 lost a lot of season 1's charm by moving away from that and this seems to be doubling down on that direction. Westworld really should've just been a miniseries.

Season 1 was perfect. We don't need to keep repeating it. This arc makes sense.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I thought season 2 was ok. Not as good as the first, but not the trash fire people say around here. I'll tune in for season 3.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The visuals look extraordinary and there were some very high highs in the last season even if it came with some dumb lows as well

Dec 11, 2017
I loved season 1 but never watched season 2. can i just continue watching with seaosn 3?
I suppose all you NEED to know is spoiled in this trailer: Dolores got out.

I'm assuming it will probably be pretty confusing not to know what happened to Bernard, Charlotte, Maeve, William, etc as that stuff will be a factor. Episode 4 and 8 of Season 2 are great, and there are some good moments sprinkled throughout Season Two. And since you wouldn't be watching it week to week you could power through the mediocre bits. I don't hate Season 2, it's just not the 10/10 Season 1 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.