• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
ff0ebcfc4406c5df34f2e0c79d79894d.jpg

Werewolves have been ruined for me

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is it a mobile game?

Or is PS3 the lead platform?

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Should have being more like Prototype but With a Werewolf. They got some good ideas here for sure hope it works out for them.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Holy Jank, Batman!!

It'd be amazing if it turned out that the combat is actually killer. I loved those goofy PS2/PS3 era AA games that looked like shit but were fun.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Seeing a human block a Crinos with a shield is...

like....

come on.

If a werewolf comes at you in Crinos form, you're just pulp.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Holy Jank, Batman!!

It'd be amazing if it turned out that the combat is actually killer. I loved those goofy PS2/PS3 era AA games that looked like shit but were fun.

I mean, this IS Cyanide. They're one of the most productive developers of euro-jank out there.

Hopefully it ends up being smoother on release, but for the right price, I'm totally on board for this.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This looks so stupid it's gonna be good.
Terrible name, like Vampire the masquarade the whatever. Stop it with theese names.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
This looks so stupid it's gonna be good.
Terrible name, like Vampire the masquarade the whatever. Stop it with theese names.
They can't, since the game is based on a World of Darkness tabletop RPG IP.

"Werewolf: The Apocalypse" is the "franchise" name, since it defines the setting. Same as "Vampire: the Masquerade", that has had multiple games in the past 2 years, by different devs.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Any relation to Werewolf: The Last Warrior? I loved that game and I'd be down for a sequel.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They can't, since the game is based on a World of Darkness tabletop RPG IP.

"Werewolf: The Apocalypse" is the "franchise" name, since it defines the setting. Same as "Vampire: the Masquerade", that has had multiple games in the past 2 years, by different devs.
They can. Just number them instesd of subtile on a subtitle.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This reminds me alot of that shitty Vampire Stealth game; I think it was called Dark or something.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Price will determine how successful and how well received this game will be. I see "swimming in 7s" potential if the price is right.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
They can. Just number them instesd of subtile on a subtitle.
You'd have the problem of completely different games tho, like before there was VtmB there was Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. If you stick to numbers they'd be forced to have every game be a sequel of the previous instead of being able to tell different stories within the same setting.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You'd have the problem of completely different games tho, like before there was VtmB there was Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. If you stick to numbers they'd be forced to have every game be a sequel of the previous instead of being able to tell different stories within the same setting.
Nah, they won't be forced. Like GTA or Final Fantasy.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nah, they won't be forced. Like GTA or Final Fantasy.
I think we're way past that point. And given how Paradox is actively handing out the World of Darkness licences the past few years to multiple devs concurrently, you're gonna have to learn to live with it.

It's no different from Games Workshop games having Warhammer/Warhammer 40k in front of every title.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
huh? i thought it looked fine, though i watched that video at work today multitasking other shit

well despite consensus it's on my radar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Avatar quote and all that, but god damn am I fucking interested.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I think this is teh first game i see that says that is funded by EU. Good to know that the EU is funding games.
I liked waht i say. i hope it will eventually release on a non EGS platform.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There are some games that try to be AAA without the budget, time or manpower to do it
This one here, its one of then

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Given the history of Cyanide this game will be heavily discounted within the year of release. I'm excited for some AA action though and will pick this up eventually.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why you wouldn't detect a fucking wolf. Why doesn't the man just dress like the guards

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks about right if it's targeting 60fps on X1/PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a PS3 AA action game. I don't mean this in a negative way, I very much enjoyed these, even had fun with NeverDead, but I have a hard time imagining this being well received.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting something along the lines of Vampyr. A game with some pretty good ideas, some pretty shoddy execution, but that ultimately delivers enough to be worth playing. Though with Vampyr's combat I was able to play it like a janky Sekiro, it doesn't look like I will have the same option in this one. Hopefully the combat has something to offer.

I will definitely pick it up once it goes on sale.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If only these high tech criminal super security criminal facilities didn't decide to put doggy door ventshafts on every building, they could've avoid this bald guy altogether.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I'm down for more World of Darkness games. Looks okay enough for me to keep an eye on it.