• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Was vibing with this pretty hard until I heard the music, christ. I've gone from a def buy to probably never haha

But the band is great behind the music - new, promising trash-metal band from New Zealand - 3 still young guys with Māori ancestry that have a number of songs in the original Māori language.. music isn't going to be this game's problems

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as it's out tomorrow, are reviews inbound for this afternoon? Itching to pull the trigger on something, and I enjoyed Call Of Cthulhu to an extent, but also wary at the lack of hype for Werewolf, given we don't get too many games with such shapeshifting entities in them nowadays.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
IGN seems a bit off to me, they seem to give higher grades than average to big names, and dunk on small ones HARD. It's not an attack on the outlet, just something that resembles an editorial line.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
79% from PCGamer:

www.pcgamer.com

Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood review

Don't go lupine to conclusions.

5/10 God Is A Geek:

www.godisageek.com

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood review | GodisaGeek.com

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood has potential, but it's a C-tier experience that's unlikely to stick in anyone's memory for long

5/10 GameInformer:

www.gameinformer.com

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Review - A Silver Bullet To The Heart - Game Informer

Shapeshifting between three forms brings a surprising lack of variety in this dull hack-and-slash game.

5/10 from PushSquare:

4/10 from PCGamesN:

www.pcgamesn.com

Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood review – metal gear wolf

Sneaking through vents as a werewolf is sadly more boring than it sounds

EuroGamer:

www.eurogamer.net

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood review - breezy but scrappy RPG action

Every mission always seems to end in the same way.I creep in, stealth-style, and take cover behind the outrageously con…

Fun at times but also scruffy and repetitive, Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood lacks a bit of bite.

Last edited:

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Pretty much what I expected, not gonna lie. Still gonna get it on a nice discount.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Werewolves are cursed. Vampires get all the good games and shit
store.steampowered.com

Werewolf: The Apocalypse — Heart of the Forest on Steam

Explore the myths and monsters of Europe’s last primeval wilderness. Play as Maia, who arrives at the ancient Białowieża Forest looking to explore her family history. Discover Rage in an adventure game inspired by the experience of the legendary tabletop roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Yesterday I was thinking it looks kind of bad, but if it's above 60% I might buy it anyway.

56%

Not horrible but not worth a $49 risk. Should become a good candidate for gamepass or psplus though.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I was thinking it looks kind of bad, but if it's above 60% I might buy it anyway.

56%

Not horrible but not worth a $49 risk. Should become a good candidate for gamepass or psplus though.

this is my position around 60 i would get it, let's try it i've speak to a french dude that put is walkthough on youtube and said, you get what you expect, and it's enjoyable. And don't play any other diffiuclty then hard, it doesn't offer any challenge under this.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
I haven't even heard of this. Though I will say the last thing I think of when I think of werewolves is a generic industrial complex fighting robots.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
SOOOO 20% into the game. I'm kinda dig it. Yeah it's not super quality but here some little though after 2 hours (sorry for my english)

- Combat in werewolf is actualy the main attraction of the game, it's good, super responsive, it's fast space, switching between 2 stance feel great, ennemies variety so far feel weak, but I've saw video I know there are way more. I like the idea of permanent damage with silver bullet ennmies. Hard mode feel like normal challenge, not a cakewalk, but nothing terribly difficult so far(1 death so far). Camera need some work, it's not good, but i've seen way worse.

- Stealth is basic, but it kinda work, i like the fact the stealth is there to help to make combat in werewolf easier, it wasn't made for clearing all the game only on stealth kill, you can sabotage respawn point, destroy camera, install kill harder ennmies. I kinda dig it, wolf control feel super good i think. AI is basic and pretty stupid, but if they saw a death ennemies it's over, you are scew, simple but effective.

- Graphic are fine overall, little basic but NPC look horrible compare to main character, the difference is very obvious. It run perfect on Ps5, no slowdown, seem to run smooth butter 60fps and loading are super short.

- Sadly no dual sense in any form, rumble is weak, feel non existent to be honest and nothing for trigger with the crossbow.

- Story is simple, not totally boring, but simple

- Music kick ass so far, if you like heavy guitar or metal I think it feel the game really well. Sound overall is pretty weak but i was expecting that.

- I love when you get to the Hub area, some sidequest can be unlock, some exploration to spirit point that you can use in a pretty basic skilltree, i feel the game was suppose to be a bigger and more ambious RPG style but they had to cut corner to make it. Sadly there not % indicator for collectable in different area, should be easy to add and could help to make exploration more fun.

So yeah, if you know what to expect from a simple look of gameplay , this is kind of good. Not great, but i enjoy it for what it is. I want to continue, this is a good sign. I wouldn't take that for 30 hours, but if this is 12-15, i'm fine. Yeah give it a try.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still kinda interested in this, but the one reviewer saying it's 20 Hours seems a bit much for me.
Was kinda hoping it was just like a 7 Hour romp. Though that might've been because they preferred sneaking.

Might be a shorter romp if you just slap it on easy and rip & tear.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still kinda interested in this, but the one reviewer saying it's 20 Hours seems a bit much for me.
Was kinda hoping it was just like a 7 Hour romp. Though that might've been because they preferred sneaking.

Might be a shorter romp if you just slap it on easy and rip & tear.

It's 10 hours long tops (and I sneaked quite a bit). I also quite liked it unlike most, it seems. It's not the best looking game out there (NPC faces stand out as pretty dated, for instance) but overall, a pretty good example of a fun AA game.