• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This new gameplay trailer for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood shows off all three forms you can take: wolf, man, and nigh-unstoppable werewolf. Look for it on February 4 for PC (via the Epic Games Store), PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
This won't be a hit, and critics won't like it, but I think it looks like dumb fun honestly.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Lupus and Homid look like they might play a little too similar. I would have given Homid a more social stealth gameplay loop. Otherwise, I'm tentatively excited.

Oct 27, 2017
I was interested in this game until I saw stealth gameplay. Thanks, but no thanks. I just want to rip and tear.

Edit: Ok now I saw the werewolf gameplay. You got my interest again, game.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like 80% of the budget went to werewolf gameplay, so let's hope it's the largest part of the game :P

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Jesus, that non-wolf human model is like the most generic thing ever.

- White
- Bald
- Beard
- Tatted

Game itself looks...okay?

Gotta say, playing as a werewolf is a great power fantasy but when large segments of the game are dull-looking stealth and hacking, that doesn't instill much faith.

Also, I wish the combat had copious dismemberment. There's blood everywhere but enemies themselves don't show much damage save for the extreme kills.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Is werewolf's lore still super yikes and culturally appropriating native american culture still? I haven't looked at since the redo of world of darkness and since white wolf was 'restructured' or 'dissolved' or whatever it was that happened.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks nothing like Psi Ops and yet I kept thinking about it while watching. Wishful thinking.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
EGS only? Shame, it piqued my interest. You'd usually release your game on as many places as possible on PC like GOG, Steam and even EGS all together.. Ridiculous lol. They're gonna lose sales due to that despite getting that sweet money from epic. Will get it for a deep discount next year if the game is actually good enough.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Is werewolf's lore still super yikes and culturally appropriating native american culture still? I haven't looked at since the redo of world of darkness and since white wolf was 'restructured' or 'dissolved' or whatever it was that happened.

Yes. Sort of. It's complicated?

I'm definitely not the arbiter of what is and isn't cultural appropriation, and Werewolf plays really fast and loose with First Nations terminology, but they also do the same thing with Pict, Gaelic, and whatever other mishmash/pastiche of early tribal terminology from a variety of races. There also exist three different werewolf tribes that are Aboriginal/First Nations (one of which is extinct in-fiction), but all the werewolves of different tribes use a common set of nouns that pick from different early tribal peoples' words/cultural things.

So werewolf doesn't exclusively lift from native culture, and it doesn't do so without representation, but it does do so haphazardly and in a pastiche sort of way.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Honestly, Crinos form should be 'Hulk: Ultimate Destrction'/4.

A werewolf in Crinos form is no joke.

Dec 6, 2017
US

These combat animations and everything about this moment is the most Playstation 2 shit ever lol. This looks really unintentionally funny.

I don't even think AA applies, it's more like a BB title, or even CC.

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt
It's a mid-tier AA game, I think Cyanide budget went a bit down, cause honestly I think they had stronger graphics with Styx: Shards of Darkness, but I believe that Werewolf will be a ton of fun, it is not making anything new, nor i going to be A Plague Tale: Innocence, but it looks really interesting as a mindless fun game, also we get to play as a Werewolf, and I can't recall the last time I played as a Werewolf, so I'm excited for it.

And as others said, the game will be ripped off by critics left and right, but it will probably sell on the long term.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, and with the potential to be a good WoD experience.

The 5th edition of Werewolf isn't even out in previews yet, but one of the main writers on the project is native and has talked a little about a lot of stuff changing (like various tribes, the Wendigo iirc, and I think there's no way in hell that W5 ships with the appropriation of Metis). Paradox has also publicly said they're using sensitivity readers for all WoD stuff going forward... so fingers crossed?

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Looks fun, and with the potential to be a good WoD experience.

The 5th edition of Werewolf isn't even out in previews yet, but one of the main writers on the project is native and has talked a little about a lot of stuff changing (like various tribes, the Wendigo iirc, and I think there's no way in hell that W5 ships with the appropriation of Metis). Paradox has also publicly said they're using sensitivity readers for all WoD stuff going forward... so fingers crossed?
Here is extremely hoping

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
I still wonder how they arrived to that title...

- Werewolf!

tenor.gif

- Werewolf: the apocalypse?

giphy.gif

- Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

giphy.gif

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I'm intrigued. Not day 1 intrigued, but enough to get it on a sale (on console).

It looks janky, but I have liked previous Cyanide titles.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
EGS only? Shame, it piqued my interest. You'd usually release your game on as many places as possible on PC like GOG, Steam and even EGS all together.. Ridiculous lol. They're gonna lose sales due to that despite getting that sweet money from epic. Will get it for a deep discount next year if the game is actually good enough.
BigBen made that deal when EGS was still the hottest shit.

They seemed to have reconsidered since Spider's new game got a Steam page right when they announced it.

EGS and Nacon are generally a bad combo. Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory and Sinking City both vanished (though Sinking City is coming to Steam soon, supposedly?)

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
BigBen made that deal when EGS was still the hottest shit.

They seemed to have reconsidered since Spider's new game got a Steam page right when they announced it.

EGS and Nacon are generally a bad combo. Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory and Sinking City both vanished (though Sinking City is coming to Steam soon, supposedly?)
Eh Steam pages are not an indicator whether a game will be egs exclusive or not so you never know.. but yeah sinking city vanished.. that was a bummer.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Low budget action rpg, i'm in ! It's no even full price on ps5 i'll give it a shot, the studio have done some great little titles before.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Shame that the environments and enemies look so bland for a werewolf game.. I would much rather take either a gothic setting for such a game or if modern setting, than something like Bloodlines.. military bases and grey laboratories are the most boring settings you could put your game in.. it's fine for a game like MGS or Splinter Cell, but for a werewolf game? In my opinion there isn't a worse choice than that

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to it myself, and I dig the protagonist's design. I usually like janky stealth games like DARK from 360's generation so I'm in.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are having a hard time remembering what PS2 games looks like.

This seems like a fun AA game. People often complain that gaming today is only AAA or small indie and that mid tier games are gone and then something like this shows up and almost everyone keeps making fun of graphics, animation or something else.

No shit most AA games are gone.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when you were a random henchman and Nathan Drake just threw you off a cliff?

Now you're being pursued by a fucking wolf.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
this game is going to be so mediocre, isnt it?

its a shame, because i really love Werewolf as a property (especially compared to Vampire or Mage as the, i guess, kinda big three of the WW line?) but like... how hard can it be to make a good game for it? i mean, i suppose we have our answer, but still.

i have a little disposable income, so i might spring for it, but i really dont anticipate anything special.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Was vibing with this pretty hard until I heard the music, christ. I've gone from a def buy to probably never haha