• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodlines 2 has a season pass called Season of the Wolf. Not sure if they'll try to do a direct tie in to this, but sounds like they do have some idea to crossover the concepts at least somewhat

WgJDAmY.jpg

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Vampires rule the cities in their glass towers and werewolves destroy logging operations in the wild is the simple answer.

i think my problem is that in vampire regular humans are for the most part completly unaware of anything supernatural existing while here we see werewolves fighting against human armies in the open

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
i think my problem is that in vampire regular humans are for the most part completly unaware of anything supernatural existing while here we see werewolves fighting against human armies in the open

It's explained in-universe. Werewolves are protected by "Delirium", a sort of primal fear that makes regular humans not remember them clearly or explain their attacks away as "wild animals".

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
It doesn't help that they're on a wildly different power levels, too. But yeah, you can generally crossover a group of low ranking supernaturals from various game lines.
Yeah in the "old" World of Darkness a Mage, a Vampire and a Werewolf could all transform into a wolf, but everyone with different effect on the people watching them. The "new" (now renamed Chronicles) of Darkness rebooted the universe to be much more cohese.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty boring. I honestly think not going pure action, but more of an adventure spin with stuff like the Umbra and such would have made for a less generic looking game.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This trailer sure makes this game look like one that's not for me. Whole tone of it makes me think of edgy PS2 era stuff. Not very appealing.

But the actual game might be less like that and possibly have other stuff going on.
I like the idea of an eco-terrorist werewolf. Where else do you see something like that?

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
This looks terrible. Like a game from the early 2000s. Even the music feels likes it's straight from that era. It's kind of embarrassing.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That looked so goddamn bad. I stopped halfway through.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahaha, that was an enjoyable trailer. Werewolves are great, if the game can keep up a killer tone and play decently I'm in. So damn cheesy ahahaha

Dec 6, 2017
US
This looks straight up like some goofy bargain bin PS2 era title and I'm morbidly curious now.

It's so fucking silly, if the combat is fun, I'd pick it up.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
This could be fun. I'll give it another look when they can put up a trailer with more gameplay and less buttmetal.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
On one hand, i've been waiting over 20 years for a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game.
On the other hand...i didn't expect full on brawler.

whelp

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think this trailer is only showing the combat side of this. Styx ended up being surprisingly fun as a stealth adventure so I'm optimistic.
Also Its a Werewolf game so I'll take what I can get.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018

new gameplay walkthrough. gotta be honest though it kinda feels like a mid tier ps2 game. what do you guys think?

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The name, the gameplay, and the music choices all make this seem like a fictional videogame that you'd see in the background of a movie.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood!

Truly an amazing name

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
this looks straight a modernized Altered Beast PS2.

the name... what an amazing name for a game lmao

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Still look kind of fun, this feel like the Alter beast game that we never got (that ps2 game was bad....)

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The name, the gameplay, and the music choices all make this seem like a fictional videogame that you'd see in the background of a movie.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood!

Truly an amazing name
this looks straight a modernized Altered Beast PS2.

the name... what an amazing name for a game lmao

I mean, Werewolf: The Apocalypse is the name of the IP, so it kind of has to be included.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

new gameplay walkthrough. gotta be honest though it kinda feels like a mid tier ps2 game. what do you guys think?

Wait. I thought maxing out your rage was bad, cuz it's Game Over?

Other than that, looks interesting. I didn't see any jump prompts (Thank God), so this looks fairly competent.

The "stances" thing reminds me a bit of Witcher 1 and its "fast, strong, or group" fighting styles.
Cyanide is very hit or miss, so not gonna be jumping in Day 1, but I'll certainly grab it once it's off the EGS.