• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I am quite stunned that somehow the ads on Era got worse.
Are we Geocities now?

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Some autoplay videos. Then I saw a PayPal Ad that has a blinking "Buy Now" the whole time.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you let me fix you some of this Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
That's wild. Fortunately it's not quite as bad when you sign in.

Oct 25, 2017
Log into the site. That heinous mess is only meant for lurkers (sorry lurkers). Once you're logged in, it's substantially cleaned up.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I've been getting a lot of right wing ads lately. Lots of coins with Trump's face, and Don't Tread On Me shit, as well as NRA ads. No idea what I'm looking at that is getting me those sorts of ads.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why are ads always so bad in general? Even on other sites. I buy a fucking electric flyswatter on Amazon and for weeks I get nothing but electric flyswatters. Like FFS Amazon, I dont have that many flies to deal with.

And dont even get me started on YouTube recommendations. If I'm not specifically going in and curating my watch history by deleting shit I dont want the algorithm to account for, it gives me just absolute shit. Watch one SpaceX video and suddenly the Algorithm thinks I worship Elon Musk and want all those crappy monotone voiceover and clickbait videos in my feed. Fuck that noise.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting a lot of right wing ads lately. Lots of coins with Trump's face, and Don't Tread On Me shit, as well as NRA ads. No idea what I'm looking at that is getting me those sorts of ads.

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of this as well, and I'm definitely not visiting places where I'd come across Let's Go Brandon nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.