• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty shocked.

I was walking around the lots and saw some cute tin cans, old medecine and candy boxes. Suddenly, Vichy cough candy. Labelled Vichy State.

Vichy state is the french state that wasnt occupied but collaborated with the third reich under strict german authority.

Then straight up mein kampf. First french edition 1934. Wtf.

Out of nowhere, some german military hats.

Being a an auction, a commissioner had to declare and be able to sell these but i thought nazi artifacts couldnt be sold in france. Maybe these are some sort of expection because of lack of markings, symbol or others.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
I don't think it's illegal, at least I did see some nazi pamphlets and whatnot in antique bookstores.
I'm a huge 20th century history buff so I see the appeal, but at the same time you have people genuinely worshipping the stuff so eh...

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my wife and I stopped at a random thrift store on a road trip a few years ago. Seemed like a cool place until we turned a corner and saw a wall full of Nazi stuff.

We noped out of there in a hurry.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
There are people who collect Nazi uniforms and the like. For what purpose idk, but there's a LOT of WW2 collectors out there.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
ReadyIncompleteGoral-size_restricted.gif

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Owning nazi items, Germans uniforms or such items is not illegal in France.
Putting them on display for the public to see them is.
Selling such items is also not illegal, again, displaying them is (so a shop can not put them in it's display for everyone to see, but they can sell them to collectors)..
An auction where you can see the stuff is illegal, you can only sell them at auctions with a catalogue and a text description.

Last edited: