• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they should be credited, the makers of Beef's Keep, home of the Order of the Baconator. This isn't the worst game I've ever seen.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like the less than subtle naming of the locations on the game map.

a5yWKJx.png

I also think the whole thing is kind of neat, but hey.

So it's a burger with a part that didn't thaw out?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the frothiness is not that "a company is trying to sell you something oh no!" because this dumb shit is free.

It's more its a "Wendy's wants you to engage with their brand and get your friends along in the 'funny social media engagement' to boost some metric somewhere"

It's the bad ESA slide thing of "we can deposit good will chits so when someone fucks up we can point to it" or something

Do you think Nintendo wants to be your friend? No, they want you to engage with their brand and boost their metrics.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking it over, it's well done and I have to give the writers credit: doing 90 pages on what's basically the same joke over and over is an act of creative endurance.

Yeah they should be credited, the makers of Beef's Keep

I give it five seconds before a player asks about the curtains and things devolve into chaos.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
This is amazing

edit: wow people angry at advertising now? jesus

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Do you think Nintendo wants to be your friend? No, they want you to engage with their brand and boost their metrics.
I don't think Wendy's is my friend, but I still think this is funny and could be fun to play with for a night. I don't really see anything terribly insidious about that.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
yeah, but nintendo makes games, wendys makes shitty food that kills people

obviously this is inconsistent or hypocritical or whatever but people aren't rational

That is amazing, please tell us more.
one time I was so incensed by a youtube ad that I shit my pants in rage. isn't that funny guys, aren't I ridiculous? fuck me amirite

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The writing is actually the only part that's not credited. It's probably someone (or many someones) in-house.

Alex Lopez is credited for illustrations and Collin Fogel for the maps.

I think I'm most impressed with the amount of work that went into it. The production values and dedication to a silly joke are insane.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
If this game is anything close to the quality of a Wendy's 1/3lb fresh never frozen beef cheeseburger with a fresh piping hot large home style fry then I'm gonna be enjoying myself

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017

This thread isn't about Nintendo, pay attention.

It's about Wendy's and their (apparently uncredited) tabletop RPG

When I buy a burger from Wendy's i'm engaging in a direct transaction where I give them money and they give me a thing

This is... for what, exactly? to go viral and "THE BURGER COMPANY DID IT AGAIN LMAO!!!!"

I'm lovin it

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If this game is anything close to the quality of a Wendy's 1/3lb fresh never frozen beef cheeseburger with a fresh piping hot large home style fry then I'm gonna be enjoying myself

Only the 1/3 lb, huh? Wendy is disappointed. Don't you think she deserves more? Don't you think you deserve more?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The writing is actually the only part that's not credited. It's probably someone (or many someones) in-house.

Alex Lopez is credited for illustrations and Collin Fogel for the maps.

I think I'm most impressed with the amount of work that went into it. The production values and dedication to a silly joke are insane.

Wendy's opened up a pop up shop on a boat to give food to tailgating boaters before the Husky game. Wendy's marketing game is on point.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Looking through the PDF, they put *way* more effort into things than I expected. I'm not likely to play it, but I applaud the effort.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
So if I stream a one-shot of this in which Queen Wendy turns into a despotic tyrant and the Orders must rise up against her, leading to the wartorn ruin of Beef's Keep, how pissed will Wendy's marketing team be?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's fun. I'll be tuning into Critical Role tonight with a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich in my hand.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sub Classes being various menu items is pretty fun.

From a skim, I do feel like to actual play this as a game you'd have to fill in a lot of blanks based on other RPG play. Or just a lot of GM Adjudacation. Which is fine, really, but obviously just hope someone's first tabletop game ever is the Wendy's game.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sub Classes being various menu items is pretty fun.

From a skim, I do feel like to actual play this as a game you'd have to fill in a lot of blanks based on other RPG play. Or just a lot of GM Adjudacation. Which is fine, really, but obviously just hope someone's first tabletop game ever is the Wendy's game.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking of ways to incorporate the long-abandoned McDonaldland lore into this.

Finally we can get some stats on the Grimace.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread isn't about Nintendo, pay attention.

It's about Wendy's and their (apparently uncredited) tabletop RPG

When I buy a burger from Wendy's i'm engaging in a direct transaction where I give them money and they give me a thing

This is... for what, exactly? to go viral and "THE BURGER COMPANY DID IT AGAIN LMAO!!!!"

I'm lovin it

There is nothing wrong with this. Nintendo is just an example that relates to this forum, Nintendo (and Microsoft/Sony) engage in a lot of marketing campaigns that are delivered outside of their main category (videogames). This is not 'evil' and Wendy's being a fast food company doesn't change this.

Global Gladiators, Pepsiman, Cool Spot, ZOOL, ... are all good videogames!

Just for that Im gonna tell capcom to make a fast food chain called Smokin Sizzle Style.

Capcom has licensed plenty of edibles and actual restaurants, HOW. DARE. THEY.

SILENCE, BRAND!

If Nintendo made some burgers for fun, I'd try one if it looked like they put some effort into it.

c4b2301d6674bcef20f52a10d51ceffd.jpg

SILENCE, BRAND!

s-l500.jpg

SILENCE, BRAND!

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing some of you weren't alive in the 80s with some of the reactions in here. Did you know that companies used to produce entire TV shows, hours upon hours of animated content, just to sell toys?? The TV shows were the commercials, (in addition to actual commercials!) and new characters/weapons/vehicles meant new toys were coming! Omg! Transformers: The Movie was just a way to make a "new" Optimus Prime to sell to kids holy shitttttttt
---

I hope someone gets on Wendy's case about crediting the people who made this for them. I get the idea behind like, "We are a corporation, this game is made by the corporation" but it still sucks, people clearly spent a lot of time on this.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is shockingly playable. Kudos to the effort that went into it, I sure wish I knew their names!

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Hope Austin Walker catches wind because I really want the Friends At The Table to play & record this

This is shockingly playable. Kudos to the effort that went into it, I sure wish I knew their names!
Wait are there really no writing credits anywhere? Thought I was just missing something when I went through the PDF