• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
jesus christ corporations please fucking stop

edit: please stop replying to my extraordinarily cringey kneejerk reaction

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
wendys-vo2.png
You know, it's not the worst design I've seen haha.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will repeat my two major comments.

1) The rules for the game appear to be untested and kinda suck.

2) There is no fucking design or game team credits page. Seriously, its all attributed to Wendys themselves.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Look, brands just want to express their creative energy just like the rest of us. Who are we to judge if a cartoon caricature hamburger lady wants to speak to the human experience? /s

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little annoyed at some of the people in here. Some nerds went to a pitch meeting at Wendy's and asked if they could make a tabletop RPG, and the company said yes. This is a bad thing...how? It's a fun idea, even if the game ends up not so great. Do you tilt at commercials, billboards, radio ads, coupons? Do you live your entire life angry at fast food companies?

I'm much more concerned at the game developers apparently not being credited. Poor work or no, that's a huge red flag in my book.

Last edited:

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I like the less than subtle naming of the locations on the game map.

a5yWKJx.png

I also think the whole thing is kind of neat, but hey.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little annoyed at the people in here. Some nerds went to a pitch meeting at Wendy's and asked if they could make a tabletop RPG, and the company said yes. This is a bad thing...how? It's a fun idea, even if the game ends up not so great. Do you tilt at commercials, billboards, radio ads, coupons? Do you live your entire life angry at fast food companies?

I'm much more concerned at the game developers apparently not being credited. Poor work or no, that's a huge red flag in my book.
The vast majority of the posters in here have basically said exactly what you said. This is "outrage culture" in a nutshell (and why it doesn't actually exist).

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 19, I don't watch TV. But you better believe I yell at ads on YouTube trying to peddle garbage at me in "cute" and insidious ways

if you subscribe to youtube red you can watch ad-free videos and keep them playing when using other apps or when the screen is locked, save videos for when you really need them – like when you're on a plane or commuting and download their new music app and listen without interruptions. try now for free for 1 month then 11.99 each month after. recurring billing. cancel anytime.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you tilt at commercials, billboards, radio ads, coupons? Do you live your entire life angry at fast food companies?

I sure hope these people never enjoy a movie trailer.

The lack of credits is the only thing bothersome about this, that is shitty.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
if you subscribe to youtube red you can watch ad-free videos and keep them playing when using other apps or when the screen is locked, save videos for when you really need them – like when you're on a plane or commuting and download their new music app and listen without interruptions. try now for free for 1 month then 11.99 each month after. recurring billing. cancel anytime.
oh sounds cool

oh wait, fuck, no, my principles

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Wait, why is this bad? I don't get it.
I don't know anymore, I'm just a fucking idiot

Wrong, the fight against the dark art of frozen beef matters. Try Wendys™ new Bacon Jalapeno cheeseburger using a quarter pound of fresh never frozen beef on a toasted premium bun and see for youself.
off-topic, what does it mean for a bun to be premium? is it better than most buns? better than their other buns? do you pay a surcharge for it?

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
I think the frothiness is not that "a company is trying to sell you something oh no!" because this dumb shit is free.

It's more its a "Wendy's wants you to engage with their brand and get your friends along in the 'funny social media engagement' to boost some metric somewhere"

It's the bad ESA slide thing of "we can deposit good will chits so when someone fucks up we can point to it" or something

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
this might be what they're playing on critical role tonight then (going by the 'sponsored by wendy's')...