• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
All the Wendys around me have the nastiest, limp, soggy bacon, so this is just another reason for me to avoid that place.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Holy SHIT I've always wondered why Wendy's didn't do breakfast stuff, I can't wait to try this out. Hopefully the sodium content isn't too bad but it's fast food so... not hopeful :\ Oh well it'll keep me from eating it all the time if it is.

Love me some Wendy's but Taco Bell still owns the breakfast fast food options with the breakfast crunchwrap combo
Those indeed are really good but the sodium content is fucking astronomical from what I remember. All of their stuff has crazy high sodium actually so I can't eat much anymore cause it gives me migraines ):

But fuck Taco Bell anyway for getting rid of the Double Decker Taco ):<

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
My brother will be happy to have a breakfast meat option that isn't pork based (he doesn't eat it)

Me on the other hand will still struggle with eating hashbrowns or just asking them to put the meat on the side...

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Holy SHIT I've always wondered why Wendy's didn't do breakfast stuff, I can't wait to try this out. Hopefully the sodium content isn't too bad but it's fast food so... not hopeful :\ Oh well it'll keep me from eating it all the time if it is.

Those indeed are really good but the sodium content is fucking astronomical from what I remember. All of their stuff has crazy high sodium actually so I can't eat much anymore cause it gives me migraines ):

But fuck Taco Bell anyway for getting rid of the Double Decker Taco ):<

Yes brother, the double decker taco supreme was my favorite. I liked the meximelt too, r.i.p.

I'll try that breakfast baconator for sure.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for trying the Breakfast Baconator.

Also, props for having the sausage be square.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I might try that honey butter biscuit, but I don't believe for one second that Baconator is going to have a fresh cracked egg.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
39246_434_SausageEggBurrito_NEWS.jpg

one of the least appetizing staged food shots I've ever seen

Is that supposed to be a breakfast burrito? Where the fuck is the chile??

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Something about the way the eggs are presented in the promo material puts me right off. Ditto with the butter(?) on the chicken biscuit.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
America is so odd with its 'pork means breakfast' ideology. If I never ate a 'sausage patty' again I would be quite happy.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Wow I didn't know it wasn't nationwide already. I live next to a Wendy's and I've gone there a few times before work to get breakfast. Didn't think much of it lol

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
MAPLE BACON CHICKEN CROISSANT said:

I'm in.

Love me some Wendy's but Taco Bell still owns the breakfast fast food options with the breakfast crunchwrap combo
Dude you too?!?! The steak version is dope af. with those two little hot donuts!!! It's crazy because I dont think many people know about the crunchwraps in tacobell because Im usually the only person in the line in the A.M.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in.

Dude you too?!?! The steak version is dope af. with those two little hot donuts!!! It's crazy because I dont think many people know about the crunchwraps in tacobell because Im usually the only person in the line in the A.M.
A month late but yesssss that's the exact combo i get every time

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Never tried Wendy's breakfast before but why does everything look like a massive heart attack?

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they are bringing it back, it sucked when Wendys stopped serving breakfast, they had some of the best breakfast items. I especially liked the sausage biscuits and gravy.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I didn't realize that Wendy's didn't do breakfast everywhere after reading this thread. Where I live there are almost no fast food places until you drive about 20 miles away.

There's a Wendy's down the street from my work place and they've served breakfast for at least 5 years. It's not that great but I believe it's been the same menu that whole time. It probably got this menu refresh like they all did recently

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Has anyone tried any of the cold brew drinks? My wife used to love McD's cold brew and they haven't brought it back. I'm wondering if this could be a suitable alternative.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Their honeybutter chicken biscuit might be the single worst breakfast item I've ever had from a mainstream fast food joint, and I've eaten from burger king's breakfast menu.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So my wife and I did a bunch of kitchen renovations over the weekend and it involved a lot of picking up breakfast/lunch/dinner, and Wendy's is closest to us. (And our Wendys has been doing breakfast for a couple weeks as a kind of "soft launch.") At this point between the two of us we've tried most of the sandwiches.

-We don't really like any of the sausage sandwiches. It always leaves that kind of weird spicy taste/feel in the back of your mouth.
-I liked the chicken honey biscuit, but it's not my favorite thing. I could see having an occasional craving for it, though.
-The swiss cheese sauce on some of the sandwiches is kind of odd. Wife didn't like it at all, I kind of went back and forth on it.
-Best sandwich overall is the bacon egg and cheese biscuit. Biscuit's buttery and flaky, (kind of like a good KFC biscuit) and the rest of it was really well cooked.
-The sandwiches don't get better with age and are best eaten very fresh. I had to pick something up after grabbing breakfast on Saturday and by the time I got home the bacon might as well have been wood. Far cry from the crispy bacon I'd had the day before.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Can't believe they stop serving breakfast at 10:30. McDonald's is all day obviously and taco Bell is 11.

I rolled up at 10:38 very disappointed.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I love Wendy's but all of this looks like disgusting garbage except the frostyccino and the cold brew. There's no way this is better than Taco Bell or Mcdonalds. Hell, even Burger King has french toast sticks and the croissanwhich.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Found myself out of town and during breakfast so I decided to try their new Breakfast Baconator. It was pretty damn good. Wasn't greasy. And the egg... I understand why they are using the fresh eggs in marketing. It makes a tremendous difference in taste compared to everyone else.