• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
People in this thread remind me of the "who cares", anti-celebrity/black sports stars types who comment on social media and only care if it's an aging rock star or nascar accident in the news.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the people in this thread

Z7HeRxU.png

Lol some? It's like a good three-quarters of the thread.

Big corporate fast food joint has a big social media presence "roasting" other corporate Twitters because the memes help advertise to a modern generation. Okay.....and? What, y'all really think you're doing a service saving the impressionable young minds from being corrupted because CORPORATIONS AREN'T YOUR FRIENDS GUYYYYYYYYS

Like, it's not as big of deal as y'all are making it, chill out and enjoy the joke. Or, y'know, don't, whatever.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's just BRAND VS BRAND nonsense, but that was legit funny.

I feel like eating a delicious meal at Wendy's now.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
that brand sure burned the other brand

*stands up and yells "MCDONALDS", before resuming playing his game followed by suicide by overdose*
Y'all keep cheering on fake corporate fast food "wars", all you're doing is giving them even more reach with their ads.
this is so awesome!! Im going to wendys right now to buy some burgers from them to celebrate!
RACE TO THE BOTTOM WOOOOOOO
Wow brand sure owned other brand. Makes me wanna consume product.
Nice job advertising for them. Hope they pay you.

Excellent work, Fun Police. We can't just have people enjoying things. This is an internet forum! We need to make sure that everyone and everything is as cynical as possible!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
This would be hilarious if Wendy's didn't just have employees post videos of themselves bathing in restaurant sinks.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Someone please close this thread before I eat at Wendy's for thinking their tweet was funny

PLEASE

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
*sees thread*

Yes, finally a chance to tell people what I think about BRANDS!

Silence BRANDS!

BRANDS aren't your friends!

Capitalism!

I'm telling people what they need to know!

I am a DIAMOND the world needs to know my unique thoughts!

Exclamation mark!

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
ARGH BRANDS!!!

Nothing I hate more than BRANDS!!!

Actually, I hate funny BRANDS!!! more.

They're not your friends, they don't want you to laugh, they want you to buy buy buy and you're all sheep if you laugh. hahahaha, the BRANDS!!! have you now.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Brand Twitter is a bit lame and Wendy's AND Burger King are pretty toss. If I had to get a fast food burger, catch my ass at Five Guys or Culver's.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Everything on Burger King's menu is a culinary disaster and I have no idea how they stay in business.

Pretty sure they just stole their Twitter game from Grubhub or Eat24 or one of those. They were the o.g. snarky Twitter brands.
The furthest back I can trace the concept is sonic_hedgehog, which has been run by a guy who's in on all the jokes since 2009.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A team of well payed people who know exactly how to reach the demographic who eats fast food.
Chances are there is only one person who is in charge of social and they sit within the marketing team.

Of course there will be a lot of planning for specific campaigns etc but since these accounts need to produce content year round, I'm sure they have a lot of autonomy in day to day stuff like this.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we still think Wendy's is our cool friend in 2020

I fucking hate corporate twitter accounts