• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2 and the episodes. She feels like a real person at times. I still remember the time she pretends to be a zombie when you turn off your flashlight and it made me jump and turn around only to have her laughing at me. Such a great moment.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why say females when you can say women?
What if they want to talk about a 12 year old character? I wouldnt call say a 8 year old girl a woman just like I wouldnt call a 12 year old boy a man. Males and Females is weird sounding though should typically be "female character " "male character"

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Queen Meve from Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker

daniel-valaisis-48.jpg

Yes, she was great!

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What if they want to talk about a 12 year old character? I wouldnt call say a 8 year old girl a woman just like I wouldnt call a 12 year old boy a man. Males and Females is weird sounding though should typically be "female character " "male character"

"Female Characters" is just weird as well.
If characters are good they have agency and identity (women/girl, man/boy, X\X) , not a scientific category.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best way to play with typical controls is on the PSP ..... yeah, I know.
It's also available on mobile devices as well.

Worth it, it's a fantastic game with some incredible combat and dungeoning. But if you DO play, use a guide for how to get the best ending because its requirements are obtuse as hell.
Is the mobile version good? I'm interested in this series as well but I would only be able to play it through that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
also tbh it does sound weird when i read the phrase alone but i just went for a 1:1 answer to the attractive males thread without really thinking much about it, in the future ill use different language

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Female Characters" is just weird as well.
If characters are good they have agency and identity (women/girl, man/boy, X\X) , not a scientific category.
It's not perfect but it works for a sweeping broad net of looking for general characters. If i wanted to go into detail on a particular character I'd personally use the stuff you posted in brackets.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
also tbh it does sound weird when i read the phrase alone but i just went for a 1:1 answer to the attractive males thread without really thinking much about it, in the future ill use different language

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the language in this context. As has already been pointed out by level-headed users, females can include non-human characters and girls.

Mar 29, 2018
It remains one of the greatest injustices in gaming history that we don't get to play Sadie Adler in the RDR2 epilogue/freeroam.

The game literally spends 2-4 hours establishing why she is the PERFECT person for you to step into the shoes of... Then doesn't do it. It would have been an epic win on so many levels.

Y'all, please don't just drop names. Specially with pedestrian ass names like Elena.
Uncharted, in that case

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
Came here to post Lenneth and Estelle and I'm glad some fellow women/men of culture have already done that.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
1531184-heather.jpg

Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3 may be my favourite playable character in a video game. The way the game portrays her personality and trauma feels so natural. It's even more impressive considering she's a moody teenage girl with a funny side.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I really like Clementine from Telltale's The Walking Dead, it's been great to watch her grow and mature with every season.
melissa_hutchison_clementine_the_walking_dead_5.jpg

Then there's a whole plethora of female characters from CD Projekt Red in the Witcher franchise that I adore, from Saskia to Yennefer and to Maeve in Thronebreaker. Though those are based on already existing characters, so it's not all because of CDPR since Sapkowski laid the ground work.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all, please don't just drop names. Specially with pedestrian ass names like Elena. At least specify where they're from lol

Anyway, may be a controversial choice but I found Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses to be fascinating.
images

I love Estelle so much

Completely agreed. There is a lot to dig into with Edelgard, though much of that discussion goes straight into the spoiler zone. One of the things that's especially notable is how she is one of, if not the only, proactive heroes in a series that's full of reactive heroes spurred into action by outside forces.

Three Houses has a lot of interesting characters. Dorothea is another one I found very interesting with how they explore her interiority.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
Anna Wolf from The Last Express... actually the whole female cast in that game.

Grace Nakimura from Gabriel Knight trilogy.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if it is a coincidence but the first characters to spring to mind were ones with some of my favourite performances from their respective actresses. Elena Fisher (Uncharted, particularly 4), Chloe Price (Life is Strange), Clementine (The Walking Dead), Ellie (The Last of Us) and Sam Greenbriar (Gone Home) are the ones I'm talking about. I do think in all cases these are well-written from a character, dialogue and story perspective too though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe and Max sound like they were written by middle aged men that think they know how young women sound.

Chloe is particularly hella-egregious of this.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jill Valentine in REmake 3 is such an awesome character. They took her RE3 version and fleshed it out so much that they made her even more badass. Such a shame she is connected to RE5's version which is trash.

Oh and OP, never use females to describe women. It is offensive.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Estelle is so fucking good. Even manages to avoid the whole "strong female protagonists must be asexual and can't express interest in men" shit.

Also on the whole "female" thing. The male thread title probably isn't great, but context is super important and the context behind how women have been and continue to be treated societally is in no way shape or form equivalent to how men have and the situations aren't really equivalent

Korranator

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling
too much political correctness is this thread... Have a mod change the title, take the whining out of the thread, and get over it already. It distracts for the OPs discussion.

That said another vote for Estelle. One of the best written video games characters IMO.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
i stopped after
lee died
how is the story from there?
Well the first season remains the best for sure, but if you feel at all attached to Clementine, it's definitely worth it to see the rest of it. Though Clem is more of a side character in the third season and fourth one is focusing on her again. Telltale lost some of their key talent like Sean Vanaman after the first season (who went to do Firewatch and Half-Life Alyx), but they still employed other great writers who were more than capable of continuing the gritty drama that captivated players with the first season. It just never really reached quite the same emotional heights.

Chewydawg

Jan 10, 2018
Idk why but I really love Estelle from the trails in the sky series. I'm usually not into wholesome characters as I tend to find them pretty boring, but Estelle just worked for me. Matter of fact Idk if I have ever liked a character like hers before. I think Chloe and max are great too, from life is strange. I personally like velvet from tales of berseria. Ellie from the last of us is great. Kreia is interesting.Yennefer and triss are well done too. Clementine is a personal favorite of mine.... I actually feel like there are a lot of options if you look for them

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd say The Witcher series has an amazing cast of female characters: Yennefer, Meve, Saskia, Sile, Shani, Triss, Keira, Cerys, Ciri, Iris, Anna-Henrietta, Priscilla, Syanna, Philippa.

Yennefer wins it though.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Yenna of Vengerberg, the thread.

Triss Merigold in Witcher 1 & 2 (in the context of the books) is a strong 2nd.

Really, there are no chumps in the Lodge of Sorceresses.

Masa Effect women like Samara and Liara in ME2. Aria T'Loak's ruthless apathy is so hot, that she betrays my attempt to elevate her. Morinth is interesting, too.

The Boss.

Meliadoul Tengille and Agrias Oaks I'm FFT.

I look forward to your posts in the attractive males in video-games thread.

I do thing it's weird to say "females" when "women" is warranted, but this thread is fine.

I thought Chloe and Max insufferable, but LiS wasn't written for me, and that's okay.

Freya I liked in the front half.

Edit: I forgot Saddie Addler.

Queen Meave in Thronebreaker is basically Queen Calanthe part deux