• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Score

• 1-2

Votes: 186 10.0%
  • 2-4

Votes: 241 13.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 582 31.3%
  • 6-8

Votes: 565 30.4%
  • 8-10

Votes: 284 15.3%

• Total voters
Jul 4, 2018
For me the big winners:
Perfect Dark is back
Mass Effect is back
Left 4 Dead and Dead Space are, sort of back?
It Takes Two looking way too good
and to me no awards went to titles that I believe were ill-deserved

What could have been amended:
Some trailers/skits really outliving their welcome
More Nintendo presence that isnt DLC or eShop montages
A Sony announcement
WOOPER

About a 7 for me

Last edited:

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised Sony mentioned TGAs but no "big" reveal was made. Surprised to see the omission of BotW2 and Bayonetta 3 as well.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth and Perfect Dark

I'm satisfied. Feels like this year the awards took a backseat more than ever though

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Not sure how people say this was worse then last year after last year ended with Vin D announcing a horrible Furious game...

It was good, just paced a bit poorly.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god, just get rid of the awards at this point. You don't need them

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Anyone giving it a 1-2 is just pulling some disingenuous gamer nonsense.

Solid show, especially given the circumstances. Not an amazing show but I had fun.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a 6.

They really need to trim this show down, once again it just dragggggggggged in some areas and could've finished sooner.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
a solid 7; we always trying to hype this up and it's always an average show with one or 2 really surpsising announcements.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Better than last year, but I give it a Sephiroth/10, aka that announcement alone carried it in my book.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
10/10

It still happened. In a pandemic. We got a ton of fun moments and a ton of trailers. Not gonna be selfish when it comes to them delivering us tonight without a hitch.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
The first half was OK with interesting reveals.

The second half started to really drag on with just expansions and ads.

Also we saw WAY too much talk time for multiple Naughty Dog employees and not enough from other studios. I get that the game won GOTY but I would've liked to see more developers get time to say a few words.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I thought it was a really solid show. Better than a lot of previous shows honestly.
While there might not have been very many "Megatons" the majority of stuff shown was good.

Was really nice having a big show like this again after the rest of the year had been just smaller shows.
As with most things, some definitely got over zealous on expecting certain things there.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
About a 5.

- TLOUII sweeped, as expected. I wish there was a bit more competition and upsets that actually created a discussion post Game Awards.
- It was a really fucking long night, like it was a full 4 hours almost and it just dragged with those random ad breaks of GamePass, EA Play etc. I get it though, it has to make money somehow.
- The announcements were all pretty much okay, nothing all that special besides Sephiroth in Smash. Looking forward to Sephiroth when he's out of course, also stoked for Ghost n Goblins.

I get it though, we're in a pandemic and Nintendo's clearly saving major stuff for a direct while Sony and Xbox are just starting new generations now this past month so it's hard to have mind blowing announcements

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sephiroth aside, a lot of this was the worst aspects of the industry on full display.

Excited for It Takes Two, Returnal and Soulstorm though.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the reveals were a tad better than last year. I'll give it a 7.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
I tuned in about halfway through and couldn't tell if they were just running trailers/commercials after the show, or if the show was still going on.

I've never been much for award shows, but I usually keep tabs just to see if something noteworthy gets announced. Returnal trailer gives it +1 point.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
5-6.

It was alright. Nothing groundbreaking, awards were "ok", I'm just rating it high because it didn't completely bore me and it was cool to have on while I did other stuff.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
It felt like it really was dragging on. A nice half hour could've been chopped off and it would've been nice.

But it happened in a pandemic, which I'm sure was a Herculean task to organize. So it deserves to be praised for that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fans of the genre would probably enjoy it. I give it a solid 7.

Hades got robbed doe.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
every showcase/conference/reveal will be a 0/10 UNTIL I SEE ELDEN RING GAMEPLAY

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
After Perfect Dark, there was nothing that really did it for me. Too many CG trailers. Companies will never learn that we want to see the game.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed it all, pretty much couldn't have gone better relying on remote link ups.

I'm not sure what people expect from it, really

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
like a 5

pacing was weird
some good trailers, some bad ones (and those tended to last too long)
awards put very much in the background as per (and having Gal Gadot as Games For Impact choice is...brazen)