• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 185 35.3%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 73 13.9%
  • ...Platinum

Votes: 266 50.8%

• Total voters

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
LhaQLAU.jpg

Currently known things:

Confirmed things:

Starters are not Shiny locked

No Gen 4 legendary is shiny locked

Only the Pokemon that were originally within Diamond & Pearl (Bulbasaur 001 to Arceus 493) are coded into the game

Sinnoh Dex is just the original Diamond & Pearl Sinnoh Dex, Turtwig to Palkia (150)

Platinum expanded dex mons are in the Underground, Underground unlocked when you beat Jupiter at Eterna City. They will have the ??? with their number in the status screen until you receive the National Dex.

Pokemon from the National dex like the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn starters will appear after you complete the Sinnoh Dex in the Underground

Pokemon in the Underground can have Egg moves

Egg moves can be passed down at the Daycare to any same species Pokemon like Sword and Shield

Trainers and Gym Leaders only use base Diamond & Pearl rosters

Trainer Rematches

Gym Leaders can be rematched with stronger teams

Elite 4 and Champion have two additional rematch teams

You can receive a gift Mew for having played Let's Go (Shiny locked)

You can receive a gift Jirachi for having played Sword & Shield (Shiny locked)

Battle Tower returns, includes Master Class and is unlocked by completing the Sinnoh Dex

Gym Leaders, Cyrus and Galactic Admins, Elite 4 and Cynthia can appear at the Battle Tower

Palmer is still the Tower Tycoon

No Battle Frontier or Frontier Brains

Pal Park is renamed to Ramanas Park, you can catch Gen 1 to 3 Legendary Pokemon here. Must obtain the National Dex

The Park uses Slates that resemble Gameboy and Gameboy Advance Cartridges that spawn the legendary Pokemon

You obtain Slates by trading for them at the vendor in Ramanas Park with Mysterious Shards

You mine for Mysterious Shards in the Underground which are a rare item

3 Mysterious Shards for 1 Slate or 1 Mysterious Shard (L) for a slate.

First slate available is the Discovery Slate for the Titans. You have to buy it 3 times to get Regirock, Registeel, and Regice.

Other slates become available after, and you purchase them repeatedly depending on how many legendaries are associated with it, so again 3 for the Johto Slate / 3 for the Kanto Slate, or in the case of the Genomic Slate, just once

Distortion Slate becomes available after you catch Giratina at Turnback Cave, then you can fight the Giratina Origin Forme Silhouette to obtain the Griseous Orb

Darkrai and Shaymin events are coded in (They are seemingly not shiny locked)

Distortion World is not included, there's a Distortion Room that you use a Distortion Slate in Ramanas Park to reach. You will fight a Lv 100 Giratina Origin Forme and receive a Griseous Orb.

Forms added in Platinum are in the game (Giratina Origin Forme, Rotom Forms)

Amity Square only allows the following pokemon: Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Torchic, Shroomish, Skitty, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Pachirisu, Drifloon, Buneary, Happiny, Leafeon, and Glaceon.

Following Pokemon for Pokemon outside of Amity Square only unlocks when you reach Amity Square. Following Pokemon also gain Friendship Buffs in the process as well

Old OP:
3JpU2pY.jpg

nNHkuqq.jpg

UVKJg3e.jpg

Last edited:

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
It's probably going to take a while, but I want to see how they handled the mythical Pokémon events like the Flower girl. If they all activate automatically after beating the league it should be a fun postgame reward.

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda doubt there's too much of interest in there, but I am looking forward to seeing what the dataminers might uncover.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
The guy who was posting on Reddit already got cold feet so we may still be waiting for any more leaks. He won't be hard for Nintendo to track down seeing as he posted a picture of the full back cover and said what country he's from…

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I just want to know the extent of the available dex and if there's any Platinum content in the postgame. Datamining is the fastest way to figure out the former at least.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Yeah there's lots of stuff I'm curious about the endgame. Are any of the original events in? Any Platinum content?

Im not fussed about the battle tower, but the story content is a must to me,

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
The guy who was posting on Reddit already got cold feet so we may still be waiting for any more leaks. He won't be hard for Nintendo to track down seeing as he posted a picture of the full back cover and said what country he's from…
Apparently the Reddit person was just reposting stuff from a discord, guessing they were kicked out lol

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited for the inevitable leaked copy to get like 50 random wild shiny Pokémon as per usual even though I've not seen one in like 20 years of playing these games.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
"Pokemon Platinum remakes referenced in files found via datamine" would crack me up good

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
What I really want to know is whether Hidden Abilities are still a feature in the games. There's no reason they shouldn't be there, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to acquire HAs, like hordes, Dexnav or SOS battles (HAs were not a feature in the original Gen 4 games). Maybe the Pokemon caught in the new underground areas will have their HAs?

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
Please no spoiler, i want to be surprised for the same story since 1996 😏

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
That's pretty early. But I am actually interested in knowing whether Platinum content is in, and hopefully post-game stuff.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Leaks are probably the most entertainment I'll get from these remakes lol. A friend is giving me a copy because of a bet, but I ain't touching it.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question, what is there to actually spoil in these games? Just the new underground stuff or are people actually expecting other new things?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Damn digital early access ruining it out for all us physical buyers out there who get spoiled and punished

Wait a minute..........