• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking this loop off.
hX8y5Vv.gif

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Kyon:
Something's wrong. That's what it felt like anyway.
I didn't care about the baseball game on TV because it was between some other schools.
For some reason, I got into anyway, and started rooting for the losing team.
And that's when I got a feeling Haruhi was gonna call.
What does she want?
kyon-win.jpg

Kyon's sister:
Your phone's ringing, Kyon.
a-f-k-the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-2-03-avi_2009-08-14-15_04_58.jpg

Kyon:
I know. You don't have to tell me.

Haruhi:
Hey, you're free, right? Good!
Meet us at two o'clock in front of the station.
And don't be late!

Kyon:
I didn't have a chance to say anything.

Now, what?
dazykyonq.jpg

Haruhi:
I forgot to tell you, make sure to bring your swim trunks and some money too.
Oh, wait. And your bike. Definitely bring your bike.
That's it, over and out!

Kyon:
Well, that was weird. It was like I knew what Haruhi was gonna say before she even said anything.
Yeah, no. Actually, it felt like we had the exact same conversation before.
Like deja vu or something.

kyon3.jpg

Summer's almost over.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Fun Fact: the movie was shot entirely in reverse, and was origionally about a man who lived a perfect day over and over again, but became more and more frustrated with it.

H8lqMZ0.gif

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
This thread has been magical, and one of the reasons I'm glad I have an Era account. The moderators knew to just let it roll, the posters had fun with it but didn't go overboard by spamming duplicate posts, everyone had a good laugh and I'm sure it will get locked and quickly fall off the top page without anyone being upset or doing any harm.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
This thread has been magical, and one of the reasons I'm glad I have an Era account. The moderators knew to just let it roll, the posters had fun with it but didn't go overboard by spamming duplicate posts, everyone had a good laugh and I'm sure it will get locked and quickly fall off the top page without anyone being upset or doing any harm.
1zmsk9d.jpg

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I watched A Ghost Story last night

Y'all should watch A Ghost Story

It's on Amazon Prime Video

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I won't allow it to be locked!

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, we're about an hour away from midnight on the East Coast, so I'll say this now before the thread locks. This is my favorite goofy tradition from the old place and I'm glad it was brought over to ResetERA. It's incredibly silly, but it's once a year and mostly harmless, and never fails to bring a smile to my face. ElectricBlanketFire should get a "Too Early for Flapjacks?" tag here on Reset if they want it.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Okay, we're about an hour away from midnight on the East Coast, so I'll say this now before the thread locks. This is my favorite goofy tradition from the old place and I'm glad it was brought over to ResetERA. It's incredibly silly, but it's once a year and mostly harmless, and never fails to bring a smile to my face. ElectricBlanketFire should get a "Too Early for Flapjacks?" tag here on Reset if they want it.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... I completely forgot that the "This thread has been magical" post was one of mine from the original thread in 2013, in which I also suggested EBF get tagged.

This shit's been going on for five years now and I love it.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Fun Fact: the movie was shot entirely in reverse, and was originally about a man who lived a perfect day over and over again, but became more and more frustrated with it.

H8lqMZ0.gif

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
... I completely forgot that the "This thread has been magical" post was one of mine from the original thread in 2013, in which I also suggested EBF get tagged.

This shit's been going on for five years now and I love it.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: Harold Ramis originally suggested that Phil was stuck in the loop for 9-10 years, but later decided it was closer to 30 or 40.

In the original script (which was much darker), it was closer to 10,000 years; Phil tracked time by reading a page of a book each day and had managed to read through the entire public library.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fx21NJKy.gif&hash=04a2e5bca802aaeb08fcae008293b140

And the shepherd's boy says!

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I'm 3 for 3 for bad birthdays. 2016 my dad remembered my birthday and then asked me for $40. 2017 my dad had a heart attack the week before and had open heart surgery the day after. This year the only ones that remembered my birthday are Retro and a bunch of email robots. Guess it's better than the last two years, at least.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm 3 for 3 for bad birthdays. 2016 my dad remembered my birthday and then asked me for $40. 2017 my dad had a heart attack the week before and had open heart surgery the day after. This year the only ones that remembered my birthday are Retro and a bunch of email robots. Guess it's better than the last two years, at least.

I hope next year is better, and hey; with the way this thread works everyone will glance back next year, see your post, and hopefully take the time to wish you a much deserved happy birthday half a dozen times.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Happy birthday!

Oct 25, 2017

Happy birthday from us, at least. It's just a day, as you get older you can learn how to make it special by yourself. Or ignore it, that's an option.