• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
09XS6Mi.gif

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
eeb.jpg

There's no real way to express it in GIF form but I always liked Haruhi's take on groundhog day which was to make EIGHT EPISODES with ALMOST THE EXACT SAME SCRIPT

Not a GIF but it gets the point across. The first scene of each of the eight episodes in one image:

OFPd9l.jpg

"Kyon-kun, your phone."

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
In Spain the movie is officialy called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original english name as it is.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think Trevor Noah made the same joke about groundhog day today that he did last year

Anyone else watch?

Haha, I checked youtube and he did make the same joke, I knew it!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I had the pleasure of watching this in theatres when it first came out in 1993... ten days AFTER Groundhog Day, mind you.
It had sneak previews alongside another much worse film so I actually caught my first showing a week before that... but still after the fabled February 2nd.
I then had the pleasure of catching it in theatres AGAIN just last year on February 2nd proper... which was a trip.

This year will be its 25th anniversary... and while we're not QUITE there as far as the movie goes I can't think of a better day to celebrate it.
I will be watching GD with friends later tonight albeit on a much smaller screen.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fx21NJKy.gif&hash=04a2e5bca802aaeb08fcae008293b140

And the shepherd's boy says!

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
♪ Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe ♪

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's Groundhog Day? Got to find a channel with the movie on loop tomorrow. And buy some bagels. And strawberry cream cheese. And eat them. While watching the movie. Like last year. And the year before. And the year before. And...

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I didn't realize that rodent was going to make decisions with our lives already

Seems early being Feb 2nd

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Fun fact: Harold Ramis originally suggested that Phil was stuck in the loop for 9-10 years, but later decided it was closer to 30 or 40.

In the original script (which was much darker), it was closer to 10,000 years; Phil tracked time by reading a page of a book each day and had managed to read through the entire public library.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's not on prime video, you have to rent it. what's the point of being alive

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2 am here and even though i know what you're all doing it's still fucking with my head.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You asshole, you could barely wait two minutes into feb 2 before you had to make this thread. I was hoping it would be my turn this year :(

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
You asshole, you could barely wait two minutes into feb 2 before you had to make this thread. I was hoping it would be my turn this year :(

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
This little dude saw his shadow WEEKS ago... been upper 60s lower 70s majority of the time since freakin sometime in Dec for us down here. Winter hardly ever visited us besides one week where it got extremely cold, like abnormally cold for this part honestly.

EDIT: I apparently don't know how this works. He had his shadow taken away from him weeks ago I guess would be more apt in my scenario.