• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

dJED9Xs.jpg

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: Harold Ramis originally suggested that Phil was stuck in the loop for 9-10 years, but later decided it was closer to 30 or 40.

In the original script (which was much darker), it was closer to 10,000 years; Phil tracked time by reading a page of a book each day and had managed to read through the entire public library.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At first I was like, "Christ, a [STAFF POST] in this of all threads??"

Then I saw it and lol'd.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

dJED9Xs.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
GksxFG5.jpg

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

colorful-winter-sunset-picture-id616891550

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Fun fact: Harold Ramis originally suggested that Phil was stuck in the loop for 30 or 40 years, but later decided it was closer to 10,000.

In the original script (which was much darker), it was closer to 9-10 years; Phil tracked time by reading a page of a book each day and had managed to read through the entire public library.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
We are the only humans in this planet's entire past and future history to ever witness Palindrome day happening on the same day as Groundhog Day! Let that sink in for a minute!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, I watched the film for the first time last night. Quite enjoyed it. My first Bill Murray film.

Seaman

Oct 30, 2017
In Spain the movie is officialy called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original english name as it is.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Fun fact: Harold Ramis originally suggested that Phil was stuck in the loop for 9-10 years, but later decided it was closer to 30 or 40.

In the original script (which was much darker), it was closer to 10,000 years; Phil tracked time by reading a page of a book each day and had managed to read through the entire public library.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
GksxFG5.jpg

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

colorful-winter-sunset-picture-id616891550

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun Fact: the movie was shot entirely in reverse, and was originally about a man who lived a perfect day over and over again, but became more and more frustrated with it.

H8lqMZ0.gif